Rock Am Ring Live Stream

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Ryan
Blood Machines

Re: Rock Am Ring Live Stream

Post by Ryan »

BastiMix wrote:There was Slip To the Void because they replayed a terrible pun from 2011 which also caused them to be late for the start of the performance and today they also felt like they needed to talk more than needed and therefore no Addicted To Pain and also half of White Knuckles. I want to kill these stupid ***holes...
Oh okay. Thanks for the info. That's why it was all fucked up in the beginning lol.
Photobucket cash grab.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

austinjhnsn wrote:Did you get one of Myles in front of the crowd during Rise Today? that was a cool shot.
No I didn't get that one. Got some other cool shots though. I'll try and upload them later. Gotta get them off my phone first.
Photobucket cash grab.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

cool :)
Thanks Timo!

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I kinda thought Come To Life sounded terrible. They need to get that one out of the setlist and put in Farther Than The Sun or something instead.
Photobucket cash grab.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Myles' voice was pretty weak imo. But I nearly had to cry at "Waters Rising" It was so fucking beautiful.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

A bit off-topic by why does frontmen from bands like Trivium and A7X pull stuff like this video?

[youtube]http://youtu.be/R5JYjLT_x1k[/youtube]

liz-o
Bought The CDs

Post by liz-o »

Mr. Slash wrote:Myles' voice was pretty weak imo. But I nearly had to cry at "Waters Rising" It was so fucking beautiful.
There were bits were the heat was probably getting to Myles, but overall, I really thought that his voice held up quite well! He experimented a little more with his vocal riffs, and didn't omit as many lyrics as he did when he was sick during parts of the U.S. leg in April.

Mark's voice sounded AMAZING during "Waters Rising". SO much better than his vocals from the videos I've seen from this festival from back in 2011. :)

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Hey, what do you know? M. Shadows name-dropped AB and Trivium (pretty much, the standard give it up for the bands that played before us) before A7X played Afterlife. That was a nice touch, still though.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

It got to see a couple songs on my iPhone between errands this morning - thanks to the link from the Blood Machines. it's pretty cool to be able to watch live AB in Germany while driving around the Denver suburbs.

Also, I didn't see any assclowns crowd surfing during BB. Just people singing and swaying together. Nice.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

TomK
Bought The CDs

Post by TomK »

Here's a youtube link to AB's livestream from earlier, posted about 10 mins ago :) looking forward to watching it as I missed it earlier!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKMosY2dBj4

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Thanks!!

Damn, I can't imagine how hot it must be with the sun straight on that stage..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Thanks Tom!
Thanks Timo!

TomK
Bought The CDs

Post by TomK »

No probs, I've been waiting for hours to hear the youtube version haha! Really good of what I've seen so far....
The crowd looked fairly well engaged taking into account that many of them probably even know the songs. So many people there though! Wow :rockon

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

gbruin wrote:Also, I didn't see any assclowns crowd surfing during BB. Just people singing and swaying together. Nice.
Pretty sure they weren't crowd surfing because of the heat. The crowd's been pretty laid back throughout the songs I've watched from it.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Kinda strange that they take out songs like Isolation, which is one of their biggest songs and keep songs like Come To Life in the playlist. It also sucks that we can't see Addicted To Pain.. I love that song as an opener so much!

Loved the show though.. The crowd seemed to be in it, in a chill, laid back way.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I think Metalingus might be their best festival song, and one of their best live songs in general. The crowd always seems to love that one.

I also can't figure out why they'd cut Isolation over Come to Life or even White Knuckles. And I think it's criminal they aren't playing Bleed It Dry regularly lol.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Oh, Mark sounded incredibly during Waters Rising btw! Sounds like he's been working on his voice a lot!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Ok, it's official. I love Myles' guitar tone 100x more than Mark's. His playing didn't sound bad, but the tone was not great.

On the plus side, Waters Rising, damn... I think I liked that performance more than Achilles.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I wasn't big on the performance of Come To Life, either. Think Bleed It Dry should easily replace that on the set.

LOVED Waters Rising though!

:mtrocks
Thanks Andy!

gobaloon
TABN.com Citizen

Post by gobaloon »

Hey all--after a mad panic to get this set up, I got to see most of--pretty cool seeing this live from Germany.

Waters Rising definitely the highlight for me as well as Myles looking like he was having a blast--what a goof ball.

Thanks to all who got this message out.