Rock Am Ring Live Stream

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Re: Rock Am Ring Live Stream

Post by AllC392Was »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKMosY2dBj4 Rock AM Ring 2014

Edit... already posted

nickgordon
TABN.com Citizen

Post by nickgordon »

Myles face at 20:33

olof79
Rise Today

Post by olof79 »

WOW, Waters Rising.
Impressed.

olof79
Rise Today

Post by olof79 »

Myles voice started off weak, but grew stronger by later songs. Ties That Bind and onwards he sounded very good.

olof79
Rise Today

Post by olof79 »

Here is an HD version of the show.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/d0xb1dvKhD0[/youtube]

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Just got through watching it this morning, holy shit that performance of Waters Rising was excellent and Metalingus was great too. Myles actually sang all the lines and it was cool seeing him really be a frontman
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

Why Myles keeps changing the tones on Come To Life, I don't understand

liz-o
Bought The CDs

Post by liz-o »

Love that moment during Metalingus around the 26:00 mark where Myles decides to try some call-and-response "ohhh-oh"s with the crowd, sees that girl's sign that says "Kiss me... I'm finally 18!" on it, points and laughs at it, and then tries 1 more "ohhh-oh-oh!" right before scrapping the bit and going "All right, fuck that, fuck that." :lol

gobaloon
TABN.com Citizen

Post by gobaloon »

liz-o wrote:Love that moment during Metalingus around the 26:00 mark where Myles decides to try some call-and-response "ohhh-oh"s with the crowd, sees that girl's sign that says "Kiss me... I'm finally 18!" on it, points and laughs at it, and then tries 1 more "ohhh-oh-oh!" right before scrapping the bit and going "All right, fuck that, fuck that." :lol
haha funny--didnt pick it up first time--saw him laughing at that girl's sign...funny--didnt pick up the f' that....what a goof--he was having a blast.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

A friend of mine was at RaR and listened the first time in his life to AB. He said it sounded like they played permanently the same song... And I can't even say that he's wrong. The setlist was very onesided...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Blackbird - Metalingus - Waters Rising - Ties That Bind

How do these songs sound like the same song? Different rhythms, different dynamics, different singers, different feelings, different way of performing the song live..

He's got the right to feel the way he does of course. It just kinda amazes me.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

Timotheus wrote:Blackbird - Metalingus - Waters Rising - Ties That Bind

How do these songs sound like the same song? Different rhythms, different dynamics, different singers, different feelings, different way of performing the song live..

:yeahthat
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Bare in mind it's the first time he would have listened to AB. I don't know if you guys have ever been at a concert watching support bands and it's like they hadn't changed song.

When I dragged my Dad along to a Mastodon concert he thought they played the same song over and over again.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I heard Opeth for the first time during the Rock AM Ring stream. I kinda thought they played the same tones in their songs, maybe it's because the growling parts in the vocals were the same to me (then again, I never liked growling vocals). An exception was during a ballad but that was because their frontman stated that this was a ballad and that the crowd will still get their heavy sh*t later in the set or during Slayer or something like that. On a side note, my favorite comment from that show from him: "I'm an asshole? Yes, I do have an asshole, but so do you baby."

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I sort of thought the same about Like A Storm and BSC when I saw them open up for AB. I think its kind of just what happens when you're unfamiliar with a bands sound and their songs. but timo has a point, its not like they played a bunch of fast rockers, they played a softer song then a heavier one.
Thanks Timo!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Timotheus wrote:Blackbird - Metalingus - Waters Rising - Ties That Bind

And then there are Addicted To Pain- White Knuckles- Come To Life- Ties That Bind

All of them go kind of the same way. Blasting e-guitar riff, palm muted verses, "normal" chord shredding during the chrous. And of course the chorus is sung in a very similar way. In my opinion one of those songs should have been replaced with a middle tempo or slower song that contains more melodic and less low tuned guitar riffing. Brand New Start or Ghost of Days Gone By would have been nice alternatives. Especially because festival fans rather do not pay attention to rhythm and small dynamic changes when they here all those songs for the first time.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

When I see band live that I've never heard before, that's exactly the stuff that I pay attention to, though it mostly goes unaware. I understand that not every festifal fan does this or is even able to recognize time signatures and stuff like that, but bouncing your head up and down to Ties That Bind and Come To Life can't possibly feel the same.. I agree that sonically these songs sound kinda similar and formulaic (minus Ties That Bind maybe).

I also agree with you that Come To Life and White Knuckles both shouldn't have been in the set, but because of different reasons. Ghost Of Days Gone By would've been a nice addition and I'm still a loyal follower of Bleed it Dry ;)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

BSC wrote:Bare in mind it's the first time he would have listened to AB. I don't know if you guys have ever been at a concert watching support bands and it's like they hadn't changed song.

When I dragged my Dad along to a Mastodon concert he thought they played the same song over and over again.
I've listened to Mastodon before and seen them twice, and it still kind of sounds like they're playing the same song to me at times. :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Andy92 wrote:
BSC wrote:Bare in mind it's the first time he would have listened to AB. I don't know if you guys have ever been at a concert watching support bands and it's like they hadn't changed song.

I've listened to Mastodon before and seen them twice, and it still kind of sounds like they're playing the same song to me at times. :lol

Yeah, I also feel this way. Sometimes I feel they are just there to produce a lot of noise without any deeper sense.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

Rock Am set was goddamn electric. Even Avenged called it out.