Page 50 of 53

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:45 pm
by anguyen92
Dolo wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:+ the fact that Tremonti is pretty charismatic and therefore somewhat an idol for many guitar kiddies i'd say.


+ Creed
+ WWE


The +Creed I can possibly admit on that's why AB has been staying more than afloat and alive nowadays, but the bands I listed like 12 Stones, Drowning Pool, Saliva, Trapt, and Puddle of Mudd had their songs been used by the WWE and those bands are looking like they are on life support nowadays than AB is.

Myles working with Slash helped a lot for AB getting exposure in that mainstream rock world, but AB still had to deliver the goods and establish their identity to capitalize on the exposure.

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:21 am
by TenaciousBe
Plus the fact that they're more or less on their own label now (not counting distribution deals in other countries). That means they don't have some out of touch label head telling them what to sound like, or not pushing their stuff to radio, or sitting on their release until deemed appropriate. They get to call their own shots, which is how we get amazing shit like the Royal Albert Hall show / release. They may not be at the top of the Billboard charts, but the fanbase is loyal and established and will support, for the most part, anything they want to do now. It's pretty sweet.

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:36 am
by GazEd
anguyen92 wrote:Myles working with Slash helped a lot for AB getting exposure

Exactly.

AB have never been to Russia and I hardly know anyone who listens to them in person (apart from those hooked by me), but I remember pretty well when Slash came to Russia with a gig 4 years ago, I had about 20 people come up to me to ask what AB on my hoodie stood for.

Standing in the pit in front of Myles I was trying to show him the hoodie itself, but it turned out to become just me :bow :bow :bow to him so he bowed down in reply :D

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:44 am
by One Drew Remains
That's awesome

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:59 am
by GazEd
And another thing that surprises me most lately.

4 years ago I called my local radio to request ANY AB song. So they treated me with a WOY all of a sudden in just about 5 minutes and the DJ surprisingly told the world about the upcoming release of Fortress.

Anyway, I listen to a lot of radio in the car lately and during the last 2 weeks there HAS NOT BEEN A DAY they did not play Poison :eek I mean, they never played a single song!

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:41 am
by WaywardOne
GazEd wrote:And another thing that surprises me most lately.

4 years ago I called my local radio to request ANY AB song. So they treated me with a WOY all of a sudden in just about 5 minutes and the DJ surprisingly told the world about the upcoming release of Fortress.

Anyway, I listen to a lot of radio in the car lately and during the last 2 weeks there HAS NOT BEEN A DAY they did not play Poison :eek I mean, they never played a single song!


Wow you're really lucky! I think PIYV should have been the lead single but either way, I can assure you none of us here in the states have been hearing it on the radio lately! :lol

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:12 pm
by Jaredr24
I tried to request some AB on some radio stations close to where I live around the time that the WOY video was in the top 10 videos on Fuse in 2008 and they had never heard of AB. It was really sad. Only time I’ve ever tried because I know AB doesn’t get the amount of radio play they deserve.

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:22 am
by GazEd
WaywardOne wrote:
GazEd wrote:And another thing that surprises me most lately.

4 years ago I called my local radio to request ANY AB song. So they treated me with a WOY all of a sudden in just about 5 minutes and the DJ surprisingly told the world about the upcoming release of Fortress.

Anyway, I listen to a lot of radio in the car lately and during the last 2 weeks there HAS NOT BEEN A DAY they did not play Poison :eek I mean, they never played a single song!


Wow you're really lucky! I think PIYV should have been the lead single but either way, I can assure you none of us here in the states have been hearing it on the radio lately! :lol

If only it meant something.

The biggest Russian rock radio starts spinning the bands when they are about to come over with a gig.

Never gonna happen.

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:08 pm
by One Drew Remains
Just got the holiday edition of Guitar World in the mail today. Big article on AB with Mark being interviewed about what went into producing the O2 show. Biggest feature I've seen on them in a magazine.

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:54 am
by WaywardOne
One Drew Remains wrote:Just got the holiday edition of Guitar World in the mail today. Big article on AB with Mark being interviewed about what went into producing the O2 show. Biggest feature I've seen on them in a magazine.


That's cool! Any big surprises or interesting stories in there?

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:55 pm
by gbruin
One Drew Remains wrote:Just got the holiday edition of Guitar World in the mail today. Big article on AB with Mark being interviewed about what went into producing the O2 show. Biggest feature I've seen on them in a magazine.

Torsten...we're waiting!

;)

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:31 pm
by One Drew Remains
Well it's 4 pages in an American magazine anyway. It's basically a dozen photos from the show, and he comments on all of them.

He told why they play Achilles every soundcheck. It made sense in that it has every tone in it. Also a good pic of his brown fin guitar. She's pretty.

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:23 pm
by Merinda
I miss blonde Myles.

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:24 pm
by Merinda
Or is it blond Myles?

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:34 am
by abw1987
Depends... how in touch do we think Myles is with his feminine side? :D

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:10 pm
by Merinda
abw1987 wrote:Depends... how in touch do we think Myles is with his feminine side? :D


FAIRLY.

Lol 'fair'. Like blonde. See what I did there? :peace

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:56 am
by abw1987
Classic blonde joke.

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:48 pm
by anguyen92
Looking at setlist.fm. 2017 is now tied with 2011 (which we thought was a big year for them) for the 2nd most amount of shows played in a year for AB at 96. After the final US shows, 2017 will have the 2nd most amount of shows in a year at 110.

What was #1? 2005 with 116 shows. 2017 was a very great year for AB. A lot of good things happened this year and a lot of things that I don't think we imagine them doing at the start of the year.

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:58 am
by WaywardOne
anguyen92 wrote:Looking at setlist.fm. 2017 is now tied with 2011 (which we thought was a big year for them) for the 2nd most amount of shows played in a year for AB at 96. After the final US shows, 2017 will have the 2nd most amount of shows in a year at 110.

What was #1? 2005 with 116 shows. 2017 was a very great year for AB. A lot of good things happened this year and a lot of things that I don't think we imagine them doing at the start of the year.


Agreed! :cheers

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:37 am
by cajmoyper
They definitely earn their year-long hiatus. Well, hiatus for some of them. Hopefully we get two separate solo albums from the two dudes. And hey, I wouldn't say no to more Projected or anything BMarsh wants to throw our way.