The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9130
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby anguyen92 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:30 am

They are playing this festival in Minnesota called the Moondance Jam. Here's the set times. Just the 1st of two small-ball festivals that they are playing in the states for the next two days.

Image

http://www.moondancejam.com/

User avatar
AB4Lyfe
Achilles
Posts: 5425
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:17 pm
Location: My 'Fortress' is in Seattle, WA

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby AB4Lyfe » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:39 am

Wow...it looks they're going to get some good playing time!
Image

User avatar
One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void
Posts: 4412
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:40 pm
Location: Mizzou

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby One Drew Remains » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:10 pm

If those times are legit, that would be a great show to see. Love me some Collective Soul, along with AB.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19

User avatar
liz-o
Bought The CDs
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:55 pm
Location: Germantown, MD
Contact:

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby liz-o » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:40 pm

One Drew Remains wrote:If those times are legit, that would be a great show to see. Love me some Collective Soul, along with AB.

Ditto! I had no idea they were playing back-to-back today until just a few minutes ago. CS and AB have paired well together for years in my old iPod playlists, so the people that get to experience it LIVE better enjoy it tonight! That jam better be moondancin'... or that dancing moon better be jammin'... :headscratch :D
Image

User avatar
liz-o
Bought The CDs
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:55 pm
Location: Germantown, MD
Contact:

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby liz-o » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:39 am

Will Turpin (the bassist for Collective Soul) posted this Instagram video a few hours ago from Moondance Jam, featuring a small snippet of sidestage footage of AB performing "Waters Rising":

http://instagram.com/p/qkqE5nM4Oz/

Will posts on Instagram about the same amount that Myles does, so the fact that he filmed this is fantastic to me. Both of my favorite bands finally performed at a festival back-to-back! :D
Image

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:42 am

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby uctalum01 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:31 am

I love that on twitter Zach Myers from Shinedown replied and said to tell the AB guys hi. :)

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9130
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby anguyen92 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:09 am

I was at Fry's today with my dad since he wanted to pick up a flash drive. Checked the music section, and was somewhat hoping to find Big Wreck's Ghosts album, and found one copy of Fortress for $12. I was like pahhhh, I've spent $11 for my copy and I got the bonus track that goes with it. Value-town man. Sweet value.

User avatar
austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void
Posts: 4120
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:01 am

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby austinjhnsn » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:31 pm

some dude over at the gnr forums said myles cant write a chorus at all, and based it on AB. the fuck.

CoA?
All Hope is Gone?
Blackbird?
and PLENTY of other songs with awesome choruses, written by Myles himself.

Opinions are opinions, but thats just absurd.
Image


Thanks Timo!

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9130
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby anguyen92 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:36 pm

What is the definition of a good chorus? Something catchy that we can sing along with? I think most, if not all, AB songs have that covered in the bag.

User avatar
Andy92
You Waste Your Time
Posts: 13213
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby Andy92 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:39 pm

I'm not sure what kind of chorus he's looking for. All Ends Well has a huge hook. Sometimes AB choruses can be pretty similar as far as structure goes, but that doesn't mean Myles can't write one.
Image

User avatar
austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void
Posts: 4120
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:01 am

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby austinjhnsn » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:49 pm

Andy92 wrote:I'm not sure what kind of chorus he's looking for. All Ends Well has a huge hook. Sometimes AB choruses can be pretty similar as far as structure goes, but that doesn't mean Myles can't write one.

Exactly. Myles certainly is more than capable of writing a fantastic chorus.
anguyen92 wrote:What is the definition of a good chorus? Something catchy that we can sing along with? I think most, if not all, AB songs have that covered in the bag.

I think its really a matter of preference. But the guy also said that he doesnt like Brent Fitz cause of his hair and face, so who knows what his deal is. And yeah, AB songs are very singable.
Image


Thanks Timo!

User avatar
austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void
Posts: 4120
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:01 am

nothing to see here

Postby austinjhnsn » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:27 pm

Hmmm.

BOX SET UPDATE FROM DANIEL CATULLO HIMSELF.

"UPDATE-The coffee table books are done! I have a deal for everybody-we have never shown anybody what the final coffee table books look like! If we can go 4 straight days on this page without anybody complaining, I will post a detailed video of a coffee table book! That means this Friday we will unveil the final! The big disc binder is now the last item and we will be ready to start delivering! Getting closer......."
Image


Thanks Timo!

User avatar
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON
Posts: 8245
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 pm
Location: TABN

Re: nothing to see here

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:35 pm

austinjhnsn wrote:Hmmm.

BOX SET UPDATE FROM DANIEL CATULLO HIMSELF.

"UPDATE-The coffee table books are done! I have a deal for everybody-we have never shown anybody what the final coffee table books look like! If we can go 4 straight days on this page without anybody complaining, I will post a detailed video of a coffee table book! That means this Friday we will unveil the final! The big disc binder is now the last item and we will be ready to start delivering! Getting closer......."


FFS who cares about the complainers? They're going to do it simply because he told them not to!
SMKC - 7.18.2019

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9130
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: nothing to see here

Postby anguyen92 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:39 pm

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
austinjhnsn wrote:Hmmm.

BOX SET UPDATE FROM DANIEL CATULLO HIMSELF.

"UPDATE-The coffee table books are done! I have a deal for everybody-we have never shown anybody what the final coffee table books look like! If we can go 4 straight days on this page without anybody complaining, I will post a detailed video of a coffee table book! That means this Friday we will unveil the final! The big disc binder is now the last item and we will be ready to start delivering! Getting closer......."


FFS who cares about the complainers? They're going to do it simply because he told them not to!


:yeahthat . I've learned that if you say do not do something on the internet, some people will do just that, because they want to stir up unnecessary crap for no good reason.

User avatar
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON
Posts: 8245
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 pm
Location: TABN

Re: nothing to see here

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:42 pm

anguyen92 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
austinjhnsn wrote:Hmmm.

BOX SET UPDATE FROM DANIEL CATULLO HIMSELF.

"UPDATE-The coffee table books are done! I have a deal for everybody-we have never shown anybody what the final coffee table books look like! If we can go 4 straight days on this page without anybody complaining, I will post a detailed video of a coffee table book! That means this Friday we will unveil the final! The big disc binder is now the last item and we will be ready to start delivering! Getting closer......."


FFS who cares about the complainers? They're going to do it simply because he told them not to!


:yeahthat . I've learned that if you say do not do something on the internet, some people will do just that, because they want to stir up unnecessary crap for no good reason.


The fact that we're waiting on just one more item now though is kind of a good thing. Now I just hope the very last item doesn't take another month or two to get ready.
SMKC - 7.18.2019

User avatar
austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void
Posts: 4120
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:01 am

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby austinjhnsn » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:50 pm

I'd like to believe people are better than that, and after Dan is nice enough to let us see the product before we have it like that, is kinda cool.
Image


Thanks Timo!

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9130
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby anguyen92 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:53 pm

austinjhnsn wrote:I'd like to believe people are better than that, and after Dan is nice enough to let us see the product before we have it like that, is kinda cool.


It's the internet. People, on the internet, are not better than that (example would be certainly the occasional Myles bashing in the GNR forum).

User avatar
austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void
Posts: 4120
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:01 am

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby austinjhnsn » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:00 pm

Thats more than occasional, on the GNR forums, I swear every page of the slash thing has someone complaining.
Image


Thanks Timo!

Tom
Jim's Brother
Posts: 1566
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby Tom » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:03 pm

anguyen92 wrote:They are playing this festival in Minnesota called the Moondance Jam. Here's the set times. Just the 1st of two small-ball festivals that they are playing in the states for the next two days.

Image

http://www.moondancejam.com/


So AB support the headliner at download and then get put behind Collective Soul and Seether?
ARE YOU AVIN' A LAUGH
Image

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9130
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby anguyen92 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:05 pm

It's just how it is in the states. It's not even a high-profile festival like Rock on the Range or Carolina Rebellion and the band was not on full touring at that time, like they were doing during the last few months so, no worries there.


Return to “Alter Bridge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AngusWolfe, Blackbirddd, DMars, Google [Bot] and 10 guests