The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by Mr. Slash »

LosingPatience wrote:https://youtu.be/z48FYzT5Q1A

You may never hear Broken Wings the same way again
why are people doing so much weird crap? and how the hell did you find this?!

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

Mr. Slash wrote:
LosingPatience wrote:https://youtu.be/z48FYzT5Q1A

You may never hear Broken Wings the same way again
why are people doing so much weird crap? and how the hell did you find this?!

Lol been following a guy who has been doing AB reactions daily and stumbled across it

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Ha, Myles wrote the Wouldn't You Rather riff... You never know with these guys...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

But that was known

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

Timotheus wrote:Ha, Myles wrote the Wouldn't You Rather riff... You never know with these guys...

Pretty sure Myles came up with the Bleed It Dry riff too

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I thought that the solo to Bleed It Dry was split 50/50 between Mark and Myles, but seeing some videos of it on Youtube, it has Mark playing the whole soling.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Myles wrote the verse riff in Bleed It Dry, the intro/chorus riff is a Mark riff.
Thanks Timo!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

It'll be interesting to compare Mark's and Myles's songs/riffs/lyrics on this album. I presume there will be a writing credit to help identify which song is which.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

austinjhnsn wrote:Myles wrote the verse riff in Bleed It Dry, the intro/chorus riff is a Mark riff.

Intro riff was Myles i swore thats something Mark even said

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

LosingPatience wrote: Intro riff was Myles i swore thats something Mark even said
Noop, Austin is correct

https://youtu.be/XGUq4mh3G0s?t=282
gbruin wrote:It'll be interesting to compare Mark's and Myles's songs/riffs/lyrics on this album. I presume there will be a writing credit to help identify which song is which.
Will be interesting to see if they credit it that way or carry on with "all songs written by Alter Bridge" that they've done since Blackbird. Kinda hope they keep it collective as I like that they share the credit (and royalties). We should find out from interviews at any rate, soon!

So far we've got:

Wouldn't You Rather (Myles)
Godspeed (Mark)
Native Son (Myles main riff, presumably Mark intro riff)
Pay No Mind (Mark riff)
Forever Falling (Mark)
For all of the hope that it brings...

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

Ubik wrote:
LosingPatience wrote: Intro riff was Myles i swore thats something Mark even said
Noop, Austin is correct

https://youtu.be/XGUq4mh3G0s?t=282
gbruin wrote:It'll be interesting to compare Mark's and Myles's songs/riffs/lyrics on this album. I presume there will be a writing credit to help identify which song is which.
Will be interesting to see if they credit it that way or carry on with "all songs written by Alter Bridge" that they've done since Blackbird. Kinda hope they keep it collective as I like that they share the credit (and royalties). We should find out from interviews at any rate, soon!

So far we've got:

Wouldn't You Rather (Myles)
Godspeed (Mark)
Native Son (Myles main riff, presumably Mark intro riff)
Pay No Mind (Mark riff)
Forever Falling (Mark)

Was looking for this well there you have it. I misheard the bit Mark was talking about i always knew Myles played the jazz bit. Must have been another song where there was a heavy riff and i remember being surprised it was a Myles riff maybe it was Island Of Fools

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Arghhhh. I've contemplated wanting to go to London see AB at the O2 Arena and take a week off to actually do some sightseeing and culture-indulging in England.

Then I looked at trying to apply for a passport (didn't need it as an adult until right now) and it looks like such a pain to apply for with all the fees and trying to provide the documents like birth certificates. Man, the kind of stuff that I do not want to ask my parents about right now. I don't think this trip is happening for me, right now, but I do want to go England at some point in time for an AB concert.

Being an adult sucks right now.

So note this for those that want to see AB in Europe and haven't renew your passport or applied for one as an adult. DO IT NOW!! It's too late for me to get the documents and applications in on time and book plane tickets and all for London in December, but I hope they will do something next year in England other than Download.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

If anyone wants to see someone go through the transition into the rabbit hole of discovering how awesome AB is, then here's a youtube playlist for you. He is going through song by song and it is great to relive it vicariously a little. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 8SV5-EE9Lc
Now I have introduced AB to quite a few of my students and coworkers and love watching reactions. I introduced two students during different times of the day to Blackbird and AB, then the next morning as I was passing them walking through the cafeteria at breakfast time they were absolutely gushing about it and added AB to their spotify

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

The people in the Alter Bridge Facebook group are psychopaths. They’re doing battle of the tracks polls for each album, and not only did Before Tomorrow Comes beat Brand New Start, Addicted To Pain just handily topped Calm The Fire. I literally can’t even right now.

To the post above, I love seeing more people discover AB. And of course he’s from the UK, the band is criminally underrated here in the US. You guys just have better taste in music.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

Arctic wrote:The people in the Alter Bridge Facebook group are psychopaths. They’re doing battle of the tracks polls for each album, and not only did Before Tomorrow Comes beat Brand New Start, Addicted To Pain just handily topped Calm The Fire. I literally can’t even right now.

To the post above, I love seeing more people discover AB. And of course he’s from the UK, the band is criminally underrated here in the US. You guys just have better taste in music.

All good songs imo

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Arctic wrote:To the post above, I love seeing more people discover AB. And of course he’s from the UK, the band is criminally underrated here in the US. You guys just have better taste in music.
Tickets are still more expensive in the UK in comparison to the shows in the states and I feel like the atmosphere in the smaller venues tend to be better than in arenas. That's the thing I feel like the North America fanbase has over the UK and yet, people never think about that. Sometimes, it's fine to be the dark horse kind of band when we have these kinds of perks.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Arctic wrote:The people in the Alter Bridge Facebook group are psychopaths. They’re doing battle of the tracks polls for each album, and not only did Before Tomorrow Comes beat Brand New Start, Addicted To Pain just handily topped Calm The Fire. I literally can’t even right now.

That group it's a bunch of old and inmature people :shrug
Edit: Talking about the Army of 12 group.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Yeah. I rejoice in the fact that AB is smaller here in the states. In my seven shows, I've been on the rail four times (and only paid for the priviledge once). I'm glad they get paid over seas, but the selfish fanboy part of me loves it.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

These lists are ridiculous, but Blackbird made it to #3 on the planetrock Top 40 guitar solo list. 2000 people voted. Well, at least this gives a little publicity to AB, I guess.
https://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-ne ... UJXgeUIVUE