The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by WaywardOne »

https://loudwire.com/morgan-rose-sevend ... -end-date/

This is interesting... Our friends in Sevendust have discussed an "end" of the band. Sad, but not that surprising considering how long they've been around. The reason I'm posting this though is that at this point, Alter Bridge isn't THAT much newer of a band, not to mention Myles being in his 50's. Given the success of their other projects too, this made me think maybe AB's time is shorter than I realized at this point :( . I wouldn't be surprised if after Pawns & Kings and maybe one more album after that they take a hiatus and only come back around to it if/when they feel up to it.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

WaywardOne wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:12 pm https://loudwire.com/morgan-rose-sevend ... -end-date/

This is interesting... Our friends in Sevendust have discussed an "end" of the band. Sad, but not that surprising considering how long they've been around. The reason I'm posting this though is that at this point, Alter Bridge isn't THAT much newer of a band, not to mention Myles being in his 50's. Given the success of their other projects too, this made me think maybe AB's time is shorter than I realized at this point :( . I wouldn't be surprised if after Pawns & Kings and maybe one more album after that they take a hiatus and only come back around to it if/when they feel up to it.
I saw the same article but didn't think of AB. However, now that you mentioned it I think it might be possible. No idea how much money Mark and Myles make with their solo projects but at this point they might be fed up with AB (wouldn't be surprised tbh).
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

And don't forget we're here to stay
#notworriedatall

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

chtimixeur wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:28 pm
And don't forget we're here to stay
#notworriedatall
Well played ; )

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

WaywardOne wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:12 pm https://loudwire.com/morgan-rose-sevend ... -end-date/

I mean I've been pondering that myself as well, at times. I would like to think they keep the cycle that they've been doing up until 2024 (their 20th year as a functioning band), and try to evaluate where they go from here. The way they approach things like studio albums and live shows, in the way we have been seeing it, may be on "borrowed time," from here on out. Going to be harder to attract a younger audience (outside of people that's been fans for a long time that has kids of their own now).

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

I read the Sevendust article and AB never crossed my mind once, but damn it there's definitely a similar feeling in the air with Alter Bridge...
There's been less and less hype for the past two albums and it seems like less and less passion put into them both as well.

Mark sounds pumped about Pawns And Kings stylistically which gives me some hope.
Dark and complex? Bring it on!
I think the future of the band might be kinda hanging on the reception of this upcoming album...
I'm just afraid.
It doesn't seem like they've done anything different with this album. Same producer, no guest musicians, no wild concept, bandleaders writing separately instead of writing as a cohesive unit. With the proper promotion, I think Alter Bridge could, and perhaps need to release a big radio song. Something that'll get airplay sometime before 11pm (the only time I've ever heard AB on rock radio)...

I mean, an Alter Bridge release should be an event, a real happening!
How in the actual fuck is the hype train still not rolling on THEIR end?
Wouldn't You Rather was released on the 28th of June, 2019 (my 25th birthday)... All I want for my 28th birthday is a single! :lol

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Have we ever stopped to wonder why Myles, Mark, and Scott even have multiple projects in the first place? Personally, I don't understand why. If your heart is with one project, you're not going to be giving your best to the other. Why not just write stuff all for one project?
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

gbruin
MEGLADONG

What we want isn't what they want

Post by gbruin »

You answered your own question
maximzub wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:49 pm If your heart is with one project
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

maximzub wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:49 pm Have we ever stopped to wonder why Myles, Mark, and Scott even have multiple projects in the first place? Personally, I don't understand why. If your heart is with one project, you're not going to be giving your best to the other. Why not just write stuff all for one project?
Because I can't picture Mark doing his trademark Tremonti-headbang to Tell It Like It Is.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Ghost of Shangri La is a MT headbanger

Post by zazthespaz »

Timotheus wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:34 pm
maximzub wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:49 pm Have we ever stopped to wonder why Myles, Mark, and Scott even have multiple projects in the first place? Personally, I don't understand why. If your heart is with one project, you're not going to be giving your best to the other. Why not just write stuff all for one project?
Because I can't picture Mark doing his trademark Tremonti-headbang to Tell It Like It Is.
Ye of little faith.

AB is a hard rock band and they already get flak from their fans when they stray an inch of that line. Imagine if they put a record out with Myles' "Love Rain Down" on it? The fan base would drop out from underneath them and sales out tank. I'm sure each member respects and enjoys playing with the others, but they know that their side project sounds wouldn't be true to AB, so that's why they branch out.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

zazthespaz wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:56 pm
Timotheus wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:34 pm
Ye of little faith.

AB is a hard rock band and they already get flak from their fans when they stray an inch of that line. Imagine if they put a record out with Myles' "Love Rain Down" on it? The fan base would drop out from underneath them and sales out tank. I'm sure each member respects and enjoys playing with the others, but they know that their side project sounds wouldn't be true to AB, so that's why they branch out.
Proud to not be one of those fans. If it were up to me, Walk The Sky would have been way more synth wave/John Carpenter esque than it actually was. Jazz, folk, metal, I'd chuck it all in there :lol

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

My dad is practicing for our show tomorrow, and I can hear him playing along with the original version of Watch Over You. Which made me realize that, besides a few songs that came up on my playlist at my graduation party, I haven't actually listened to Alter Bridge since school ended. It feels so refreshing to listen to Myles's voice again.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Dan Dando wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:34 pm Proud to not be one of those fans. If it were up to me, Walk The Sky would have been way more synth wave/John Carpenter esque than it actually was. Jazz, folk, metal, I'd chuck it all in there :lol
:yeahthat

Yes! By the way the guys talked it up, I was totally expecting more of the synth wave elements on Walk The Sky than there were. And for as musically diverse as they are in their listening habits, I'm actually kinda shocked that Alter Bridge haven't branched out much at all in the music they record themselves...

I could have seen them going into complete Faith No More album territory with a metal opener, followed by a real stadium anthem and then hear Mark crooning a Sinatra inspired number, a dirty blues rocker, a 70s style singer-songwriter duet between Myles and Mark, dip back into metal in an epic 12 minute all-encompassing closing track.
I'm not saying I'm bored of their brand of hard rock, I'm just wishing they'd throw everything against the wall and truly experiment at least once before they call it a day!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

So I'm having a hard time sleeping in Serbia because it's so hot. I decided to make a playlist that has Alter Bridge songs I haven't heard in a long time and am not familiar with, plus all the Breaking Benjamin and Tremonti songs I have on my phone (again, excluding the songs I'm familiar with). I listened to a bunch of songs from it last night when I couldn't sleep. Here's my reviews of some of the songs.

I like Bringer Of War. Had never heard it before but I think it's a good song.
Last Rites is one of the worst Alter Bridge songs ever. I hope Pawns & Kings doesn't have any songs like it.
Now And Forever is one of my favorite Tremonti songs now and they need to play it live NOW.
One By One isn't as bad as I thought. Neither is Still Remains.
A Dying Machine is okay.
Lover is really scary and I still don't like it.
The First The Last is also one of my favorite Tremonti songs now. It's one of the songs that perfectly sums up how I feel about Addison.
This Side Of Fate sounds like a bunch of stuff thrown together into one song. I hope the two epic songs from Pawns & Kings aren't like it, but I fear that they are because of what Mark said (15 different things you gotta memorize, anybody?).
Pay No Mind is cool and I wonder why I've ignored it for so long.
Walking On The Sky is also cool. It fits perfectly with other active rock songs.
Take You With Me is one I hadn't heard before, and I like it. It's happier than most Tremonti songs.
Doesn't Matter is just okay. Anybody else think the melody of the chorus sounds a lot like the main guitar solo in Fallout?
Not Afraid To Lose is a good ballad, just like The First The Last.
I STILL don't like Bleed It Dry and Farther Than The Sun.

So it seems like I can't say I dislike a song unless I've heard it many times and recently. A couple of the songs I used to say I didn't like were because I had only heard them once or twice and not in a long time, so I didn't really remember enough of how they sounded.
Last edited by maximzub on Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Speaking of Last Rites...
Firstly, I have to disagree!
I love the sludgy feel of those riffs!

Secondly... Will we ever hear Last Rites played live?

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Dolo wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:19 pm
they might be fed up with AB (wouldn't be surprised tbh).
What do you mean?

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

cheesedip1 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:44 am
What do you mean?
They've made 7 albums with this band and it doesn't seem as if the band is developing. They've been rehashing the same kind of stuff since TLH and no wonder Mark drifts off more and more to his solo stuff and so does Myles. Obviously, now with this upcoming release we've been hearing that it's all great, innovative and progressive but I wouldn't get too pumped up.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Hmm i wasnt big into TLH album but i liked the latest AB album more than the Marching in time album.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Dolo wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:51 am
cheesedip1 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:44 am
What do you mean?
They've made 7 albums with this band and it doesn't seem as if the band is developing. They've been rehashing the same kind of stuff since TLH and no wonder Mark drifts off more and more to his solo stuff and so does Myles. Obviously, now with this upcoming release we've been hearing that it's all great, innovative and progressive but I wouldn't get too pumped up.
I do take the hype with a grain of salt these days. The variations from the main formula, that are often small, often get bigged up and blown out of proportion.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

So it's kinda weird now hearing The Other Side on Monday Night Raw when Edge isn't even there or associated with the Judgement Day stable anymore... I'm all for more AB in the world and more good music in WWE again so it's cool though! I know what I'll be using it as entrance music in the next video game if it's available!

In slightly related news, let's hope Rhea Ripley makes a full, speedy recovery. It's a brutal way to make a living...