The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

Dolo wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:+ the fact that Tremonti is pretty charismatic and therefore somewhat an idol for many guitar kiddies i'd say.
+ Creed
+ WWE
The +Creed I can possibly admit on that's why AB has been staying more than afloat and alive nowadays, but the bands I listed like 12 Stones, Drowning Pool, Saliva, Trapt, and Puddle of Mudd had their songs been used by the WWE and those bands are looking like they are on life support nowadays than AB is.

Myles working with Slash helped a lot for AB getting exposure in that mainstream rock world, but AB still had to deliver the goods and establish their identity to capitalize on the exposure.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Plus the fact that they're more or less on their own label now (not counting distribution deals in other countries). That means they don't have some out of touch label head telling them what to sound like, or not pushing their stuff to radio, or sitting on their release until deemed appropriate. They get to call their own shots, which is how we get amazing shit like the Royal Albert Hall show / release. They may not be at the top of the Billboard charts, but the fanbase is loyal and established and will support, for the most part, anything they want to do now. It's pretty sweet.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

anguyen92 wrote: Myles working with Slash helped a lot for AB getting exposure
Exactly.

AB have never been to Russia and I hardly know anyone who listens to them in person (apart from those hooked by me), but I remember pretty well when Slash came to Russia with a gig 4 years ago, I had about 20 people come up to me to ask what AB on my hoodie stood for.

Standing in the pit in front of Myles I was trying to show him the hoodie itself, but it turned out to become just me :bow :bow :bow to him so he bowed down in reply :D
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

That's awesome
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

And another thing that surprises me most lately.

4 years ago I called my local radio to request ANY AB song. So they treated me with a WOY all of a sudden in just about 5 minutes and the DJ surprisingly told the world about the upcoming release of Fortress.

Anyway, I listen to a lot of radio in the car lately and during the last 2 weeks there HAS NOT BEEN A DAY they did not play Poison :eek I mean, they never played a single song!
I saw lation

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

GazEd wrote:And another thing that surprises me most lately.

4 years ago I called my local radio to request ANY AB song. So they treated me with a WOY all of a sudden in just about 5 minutes and the DJ surprisingly told the world about the upcoming release of Fortress.

Anyway, I listen to a lot of radio in the car lately and during the last 2 weeks there HAS NOT BEEN A DAY they did not play Poison :eek I mean, they never played a single song!
Wow you're really lucky! I think PIYV should have been the lead single but either way, I can assure you none of us here in the states have been hearing it on the radio lately! :lol

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

I tried to request some AB on some radio stations close to where I live around the time that the WOY video was in the top 10 videos on Fuse in 2008 and they had never heard of AB. It was really sad. Only time I’ve ever tried because I know AB doesn’t get the amount of radio play they deserve.
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

WaywardOne wrote:
GazEd wrote:And another thing that surprises me most lately.

Wow you're really lucky! I think PIYV should have been the lead single but either way, I can assure you none of us here in the states have been hearing it on the radio lately! :lol
If only it meant something.

The biggest Russian rock radio starts spinning the bands when they are about to come over with a gig.

Never gonna happen.
I saw lation

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Just got the holiday edition of Guitar World in the mail today. Big article on AB with Mark being interviewed about what went into producing the O2 show. Biggest feature I've seen on them in a magazine.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

One Drew Remains wrote:Just got the holiday edition of Guitar World in the mail today. Big article on AB with Mark being interviewed about what went into producing the O2 show. Biggest feature I've seen on them in a magazine.
That's cool! Any big surprises or interesting stories in there?

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

One Drew Remains wrote:Just got the holiday edition of Guitar World in the mail today. Big article on AB with Mark being interviewed about what went into producing the O2 show. Biggest feature I've seen on them in a magazine.
Torsten...we're waiting!

;)
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Well it's 4 pages in an American magazine anyway. It's basically a dozen photos from the show, and he comments on all of them.

He told why they play Achilles every soundcheck. It made sense in that it has every tone in it. Also a good pic of his brown fin guitar. She's pretty.
Altered:

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

I miss blonde Myles.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Or is it blond Myles?

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Depends... how in touch do we think Myles is with his feminine side? :D

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

abw1987 wrote:Depends... how in touch do we think Myles is with his feminine side? :D
FAIRLY.

Lol 'fair'. Like blonde. See what I did there? :peace

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Classic blonde joke.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Looking at setlist.fm. 2017 is now tied with 2011 (which we thought was a big year for them) for the 2nd most amount of shows played in a year for AB at 96. After the final US shows, 2017 will have the 2nd most amount of shows in a year at 110.

What was #1? 2005 with 116 shows. 2017 was a very great year for AB. A lot of good things happened this year and a lot of things that I don't think we imagine them doing at the start of the year.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

anguyen92 wrote:Looking at setlist.fm. 2017 is now tied with 2011 (which we thought was a big year for them) for the 2nd most amount of shows played in a year for AB at 96. After the final US shows, 2017 will have the 2nd most amount of shows in a year at 110.

What was #1? 2005 with 116 shows. 2017 was a very great year for AB. A lot of good things happened this year and a lot of things that I don't think we imagine them doing at the start of the year.
Agreed! :cheers

cajmoyper
Bought The CDs

Post by cajmoyper »

They definitely earn their year-long hiatus. Well, hiatus for some of them. Hopefully we get two separate solo albums from the two dudes. And hey, I wouldn't say no to more Projected or anything BMarsh wants to throw our way.