The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by AB4Lyfe »

gbruin wrote:Mark said the next Alter Bridge album will begin in early 2019! Assuming things follow a similar time frame to the last 2 or 3 records, we should get AB 6 around September or October. :rockon

I am ready now.
Honestly, wish they’d take a longer break.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Suck it up, AB4Lyfe! It's AB time!

Post by gbruin »

AB4Lyfe wrote:
gbruin wrote:Mark said the next Alter Bridge album will begin in early 2019! Assuming things follow a similar time frame to the last 2 or 3 records, we should get AB 6 around September or October. :rockon

I am ready now.
Well, you can take as long a break as you want. :P :lol

I do wonder how, or even if, things would sound differently if the guys spent more time together before sitting down to write the next album. Their busy schedules and various projects keep them apart until it's AB time, so they seem to hurry to build the album quickly out of their prewritten verses and choruses and bridges, and that process will likely be the same again next time. I've always sort of felt that the songs on ODR and BB felt more organic and natural than a lot of the last 2-3 albums which can sound a bit piecemeal and disconjugate at times. Even badMFass epics like Fortress and Schlip and Achilles have clear definite sections to them. But the process clearly works for them and I'll welcome any new AB album, but it would be interesting to hear what would happen if they weren't squeezing AB6 into the schedule and just let it evolve on its own, kind of the way A Dying Machine grew into its own thing.

Or I could have no idea what the hell I'm rambling about. Again.
Last edited by gbruin on Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

One year until AB6, but has anyone counted how many years we have to wait for AB111?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Mr. Slash wrote:One year until AB6, but has anyone counted how many years we have to wait for AB111?
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: Suck it up, AB4Lyfe! It's AB time!

Post by AB4Lyfe »

gbruin wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:

I am ready now.

I do wonder how, or even if, things would sound differently if the guys spent more time together before sitting down to write the next album. Their busy schedules and various projects keep them apart until it's AB time, so they seem to hurry to build the album quickly out of their prewritten verses and choruses and bridges, and that process will likely be the same again next time. I've always sort of felt that the songs on ODR and BB felt more organic and natural than a lot of the last 2-3 albums which can sound a bit piecemeal and disconjugate at times. Even badMFass epics like Fortress and Schlip and Achilles have clear definite sections to them. But the process clearly works for them and I'll welcome any new AB album, but it would be interesting to hear what would happen if they weren't squeezing AB6 into the schedule and just let it evolve on its own, kind of the way A Dying Machine grew into its own thing.

With the current timeline for the next album, I just don’t think they’ll have enough sit-down time to discuss new directions and how the album should sound.

I love A Dying Machine, I think it’s a great record. I love Year of the Tiger, I think it’s a great record also. But if these solo projects are any indication, I feel as if they saved their better parts for these respective records. I want AB to take some time, and really go all-in on the next record. More time in writing, in pre-production, in studio. I just don’t think the formula worked on The Last Hero and I think a change needs to be made in their approach to AB.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

AB4Lyfe wrote:
gbruin wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:

I am ready now.

With the current timeline for the next album, I just don’t think they’ll have enough sit-down time to discuss new directions and how the album should sound.

I love A Dying Machine, I think it’s a great record. I love Year of the Tiger, I think it’s a great record also. But if these solo projects are any indication, I feel as if they saved their better parts for these respective records. I want AB to take some time, and really go all-in on the next record. More time in writing, in pre-production, in studio. I just don’t think the formula worked on The Last Hero and I think a change needs to be made in their approach to AB.
:yeahthat

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

AB4Lyfe wrote: With the current timeline for the next album, I just don’t think they’ll have enough sit-down time to discuss new directions and how the album should sound.
Have to agree. :/

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Pretty sure The Last Hero had a long pre-prod period, though. Fortress was pretty quick I think, on the other side (pun definitely not intended...). With the way they write, everything's pretty reliant on what they've stockpiled over the last couple of years.

I really want them to play about with the vocal/lyrical duties a bit more this time. And both of them to have a go at more low key, low register stuff. That first verse of Desolation is just awesome.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

It's Myles' and Selena's 15th wedding anniversary today. Myles just posted pics of him and his wife in 4th grade. Myles is such a goof. :)
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialMylesK ... =3&theater

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Oooweee! It's Alter Bridge season! I enjoyed Year Of The Tiger and I've had A Dying Machine on repeat since the 8th. But I'm SO ready for Mark and Myles to team back up and write a record that could hopefully wash the over-produced taste of The Last Hero out of my mouth. With Slash + MK&C on the horizon for this fall, the new music just doesn't seem to stop coming at us! And when's a Projected tour happening? Lol

MrsPog
Bought The CDs

Post by MrsPog »

I am a die hard AB fan and feel like many of you on this one... The boys should take as much time as they can. The Last Hero is very 'produced' and personally my least favourite of all their work. They are absolutely awesome live, showing there is a true chemistry when they are together. Fingers crossed they go back to their roots with some motoring riffs, strong guitar solos and a bit of old fashioned rock passion! Either way, I'm excited to hear it.

rikjohannsen90
Brand New Start

Post by rikjohannsen90 »

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't care what brand, entity, whatever endorses the clothing. I will not, under any circumstances, spend $300.00 on a jacket. Only limited to 300 people though so it's bound to be not for me anyway. They didn't even show a picture of the back which is supposedly an eagle.

I'm surprised Myles agreed to take a picture with it. Usually in those photos, they just use a random guy.

rikjohannsen90
Brand New Start

Post by rikjohannsen90 »

I feel the exact same way! Maybe I would consider buying it if it had some more cool AB logos on there but only this tiny 'Alter Bridge' badge and an eagle on the back doesn't catch my interest at all.

Yeah, I don't know why Myles agreed to take the picture either. They probably asked him on their last european run and he thought - meh, why not! xD

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: He spelled course wrong though...... :(

Post by anguyen92 »

Ahhh, this may not mean much, but it's nice to see a response from the guy on Twitter directly to me. At least, they have plans to tour late next year. The sadder news is that it looks like they may not take part in any summer tours at all (which I would feel like would be a great opportunity to get a supporting slot at one of those Summer Amphitheater tours with an active rock band or do something to celebrate 15 years as a band before promoting AB VI).

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

I don't know you guys, but I'm all over asian girls so this is a divine gift :lol

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

God bless Japan...ese women.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

I kind of hope I can forget it.

Post by gbruin »

That is something I have never imagined when listening to that song.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Sewing love for Alter Bridge all around the internets...

https://www.bruinsnation.com/pregame-gu ... -buffaloes