The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
The Dissident
White Knuckled

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by The Dissident »

anguyen92 wrote:At the Iron Maiden show, I’m hearing Blackbird in the house speakers. F it, this is already a perfect show before it begins.
They played it before I saw them as well, was so amazing to hear it played before a gig. If only Maiden would have taken AB on tour instead of Raven Age...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

The Dissident wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:At the Iron Maiden show, I’m hearing Blackbird in the house speakers. F it, this is already a perfect show before it begins.
They played it before I saw them as well, was so amazing to hear it played before a gig. If only Maiden would have taken AB on tour instead of Raven Age...
I hear you. Now granted, when I saw both Raven Age and Fozzy's set yesterday, Not a lot of people were there for Raven Age, but the band played well, and for the people were there, they "feigned" interest and give them a respectable applause when needed. I thought Fozzy sounded and played as well as they can do on the biggest stage they ever were on outside of festivals and Chris Jericho did all he could to get people into it and I thought they got some new fans in the process. However, it's hard to win people over when everyone is waiting for Iron Maiden to deliver a tremendous show (they may have played like its the show of their lives). At least, there were no jeering except for that one dude booing in the faint background.

I would have loved it if AB was opening for Iron Maiden and I was hoping that was the case when I made a post speculating their future plans for this year, but Myles wanted to do more NA shows with Slash and yeah, it is what it is. I highly doubt AB would have done any better to really win over Iron Maiden fans, but at least, they have the bigger name than both Fozzy and Raven Age (maybe combined).

On another note, I think the non-UK fans may be a little peeved that Sevendust is opening only for the UK shows while the mainland Europe fans gets Raven Age as the opener. Nothing against the Raven Age, and they played well, but man, I don't think they did anything that makes me think that I would want to go to their own shows and Sevendust would have been a really great treat in Europe since they hardly tour there, but they are working on a new album, so yeah.

One more note. I went to three straight shows (Papa Roach, Sevendust/Skillet, and Iron Maiden) where AB was playing on the house speakers. This band ain't as obscure as one could think nowadays. That streak will sadly guarantee to be broken on the next show. Why? Well, because the next show for me will be the Alter Bridge listening party and no band would have their own music played on the house speakers.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Arctic wrote:Random thought, but I’ve been listening to ABIII lately and I’m just now starting to appreciate it more after 9 years. I was disappointed at first because of the lack of solos compared to Blackbird which I was in love with, and the shift in tone, and I guess I hung on to that for a while. I mean, I’ve enjoyed a good amount of it before now, but it’s really hitting me differently all of a sudden.

They put out ABIII, which was a letdown to me at first, then three years later they kick our asses with another masterpiece in Fortress, so ABIII kind of got tossed by the wayside while I worshiped BB and Fortress for years, lol. Now I’m constantly playing The Pirate Song and Isolation.
Love that you can call it the pirate song and we all know exactly what you mean. :lol

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

The Dissident wrote:
That's pretty damn cool. There are quite a few links between Maiden and AB.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

I was listening to Calm The Fire and I thought god... how beautiful it would've been that they played it on RAH, I mean that intro with the orchestra and all it would've been beautiful :(

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

WaywardOne wrote:
Arctic wrote:Random thought, but I’ve been listening to ABIII lately and I’m just now starting to appreciate it more after 9 years. I was disappointed at first because of the lack of solos compared to Blackbird which I was in love with, and the shift in tone, and I guess I hung on to that for a while. I mean, I’ve enjoyed a good amount of it before now, but it’s really hitting me differently all of a sudden.

They put out ABIII, which was a letdown to me at first, then three years later they kick our asses with another masterpiece in Fortress, so ABIII kind of got tossed by the wayside while I worshiped BB and Fortress for years, lol. Now I’m constantly playing The Pirate Song and Isolation.
Love that you can call it the pirate song and we all know exactly what you mean. :lol
Yeah I always loved that even when I was disappointed in the album.

Greenster
Brand New Start

Post by Greenster »

Watching AB live at Wembley for the 12338 time. I feel when Myles is interacting with the crowd during White Knuckles is the best bit of the gig.
Should definitely be a mainstay

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Blackbirddd wrote:I was listening to Calm The Fire and I thought god... how beautiful it would've been that they played it on RAH, I mean that intro with the orchestra and all it would've been beautiful :(
Agreed, Calm the Fire and Shed My Skin would have been perfect choices for an orchestra to have them play. Sadly both were left out :(

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

The Dissident wrote:
Blackbirddd wrote:I was listening to Calm The Fire and I thought god... how beautiful it would've been that they played it on RAH, I mean that intro with the orchestra and all it would've been beautiful :(
Agreed, Calm the Fire and Shed My Skin would have been perfect choices for an orchestra to have them play. Sadly both were left out :(
Agreed. I'm not even a big fan of Shed My Skin, but I think it would have sounded awesome with the orchestra.

Jesterhead92
Bought The CDs

Post by Jesterhead92 »

Greenster wrote:Watching AB live at Wembley for the 12338 time. I feel when Myles is interacting with the crowd during White Knuckles is the best bit of the gig.
White Knuckles in general should be a mainstay imo to this day it's their best "heavy" or "alt-metal" track, however you wanna define it.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Jesterhead92 wrote:
Greenster wrote:Watching AB live at Wembley for the 12338 time. I feel when Myles is interacting with the crowd during White Knuckles is the best bit of the gig.
White Knuckles in general should be a mainstay imo to this day it's their best "heavy" or "alt-metal" track, however you wanna define it.
I started a moshpit in Amsterdam in 2013 closer to the end of the song.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

Jesterhead92
Bought The CDs

Post by Jesterhead92 »

GazEd wrote:
Jesterhead92 wrote:
I started a moshpit in Amsterdam in 2013 closer to the end of the song.
Hell yeah dude. Shit goes hard

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

In case anyone ever wanted to hear the studio audio of Words Darker Than Their Wings with the parallax orchestra audio mixed, here is a pretty good job of it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2ene3gAbW ... e=youtu.be

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

This is some old ass recording of Myles receiving birthday presents from Austrian fans. For some reason this popped up in my YT suggestions.

The video was uploaded in 2010 so it's most likely from the ABIII era. Dunno why but I think this is really cool. :D

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Alter Bridge makes great factory workin' tunes

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Here a pic of teenage Myles and his school band.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5aRjyNgf_z ... 97vk9ws1nn

gbruin
MEGLADONG

My vote is B

Post by gbruin »

Hahahaha. That's awesome. Do you suppose Mark got permission form Myles to share that, or did he just pocket that photo one day knowing that posting it to IG would be a great prank and the fans would love it?
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Where are the other "Track by Track" videos? :(

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

This sounds very poppy, but I actually quite like it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Dan Dando wrote:

This sounds very poppy, but I actually quite like it.
This may now be my head-canon...

It also reminded me that I wanted to try and pitch Forever Falling up a couple of semitones so it sounded as it would if Myles had sung it. It's... interesting! Alter Bridge would rock the chipmunk world.
For all of the hope that it brings...