The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
User avatar
Inconquerable
Rise Today
Posts: 3917
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:21 pm
Location: Shady Oak Dr.

Re: WE NEED ANSWERS!!

Postby Inconquerable » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:58 pm

ACOUSTIC EP?!!! Come on, guys don't let me down now!!!
Image

User avatar
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON
Posts: 8701
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 pm
Location: TABN

Re: And we have data to back up our claims.

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:04 pm

gbruin wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
gbruin wrote:A couple of interesting nuggets from TT on FB today...

"We refocused and made something new for the fans to help keep folks entertained during all this craziness. More news on that in a bit."

"Wheels are already turning for new music from both Mark and Myles but I heard some new AB ideas - it's back to the prog epics."


I tried browsing FB to verify these for my own eyes but cant seem to find them :/ :eek


https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArmyOf1 ... 1823603577

It's down in the comments.


Thanks, Greg! :cheers :D
SMKC - Vancouver, BC - 7.18.2019

AB - Seattle, WA - 2.26.2020

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9628
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby anguyen92 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:29 pm

Here's an image of the post for those that hates the Facebook Layout like I do.

Image

In relating to that topic of the awareness of Alter Bridge, I did all I could. I wore the same AB t-shirt (the one from the Royal Albert Hall DVD bundle with the skull) in all the concerts I've been to last year (which was around 25+ shows. I lost count). Some shows, people didn't notice or talk to me about it. Other shows (like when I saw Disturbed, Shinedown, Coheed & Cambria, Skillet & Sevendust, Papa Roach, etc.) people told me, "nice shirt, great band, I met Mark or Myles once and they are nice people to be around, "have you heard the new single?,"" The good stuff.

User avatar
Mr. Slash
On The Rail
Posts: 1487
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:40 am
Location: Germany

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby Mr. Slash » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:17 pm

Which AB album did chart on #1 in the US?

Btw, I doubt that TTournier and AB actually planned to release mediocre-succesful singles on purpose.

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9628
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby anguyen92 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:13 pm

Mr. Slash wrote:Which AB album did chart on #1 in the US?

Btw, I doubt that TTournier and AB actually planned to release mediocre-succesful singles on purpose.


Well, it doesn't count for much these days when it comes to US charts, but Walk the Sky did make it to #1 on the Billboard Rock album charts and made it to #1 in some of sub-categories of rock.

Don't think Wouldn't You Rather or Godspeed made it to top 15 in the Active Rock charts. I don't know why, but ever since Cry of Achilles, US rock radio just has some resistance to playing AB on regular rotation in the same way that Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown, FFDP, Three Days Grace, etc. are always in heavy rotation.

The Dissident
White Knuckled
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:13 pm

Re: Fortressy and Mainstreamy are my words. The others are Tim's.

Postby The Dissident » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:54 pm

gbruin wrote:A couple of interesting nuggets from TT on FB today...

"We refocused and made something new for the fans to help keep folks entertained during all this craziness. More news on that in a bit."

"Wheels are already turning for new music from both Mark and Myles but I heard some new AB ideas - it's back to the prog epics."

In my opinion...That second comment was in response to some earlier comments that AB created Walk The Sky with an ear toward building radio airplay. They got a #1 Billboard album out of it, and now the guys seem to have pivoted back toward more classic AB Fortressy styles stuff instead of the more mainstreamy WTS songs.

In my hope...the first comment means we may get some new material from the boys very soon! :rockon


Eddie Trunk had shared something on Twitter that he has heard new music from a newer band that is a surprise to fans, maybe this is what he was refering to? Either way this seems like good news!

That being said an acoustic album seems far more likely for a pandemic situation and would be amazing, since the band has so many amazing ballads/low key tracks or just songs in general that work on acoustic.

User avatar
AB4Lyfe
Achilles
Posts: 5697
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:17 pm
Location: My 'Fortress' is in Seattle, WA

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby AB4Lyfe » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:48 am

“Back to the prog epics.”

This. Thank you. I feel like I’ve heard songs like Wouldn’t You Rather and Native Son a million times before.
Image

User avatar
MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Fortressy and Mainstreamy are my words. The others are Tim's.

Postby MidnightToker » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:05 am

The Dissident wrote:Eddie Trunk had shared something on Twitter that he has heard new music from a newer band that is a surprise to fans, maybe this is what he was refering to? Either way this seems like good news!


I highly doubt it. AB is not a newer band. They've been around for 16 years.

User avatar
Mr. Slash
On The Rail
Posts: 1487
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:40 am
Location: Germany

Re: Fortressy and Mainstreamy are my words. The others are Tim's.

Postby Mr. Slash » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:34 am

MidnightToker wrote:
The Dissident wrote:Eddie Trunk had shared something on Twitter that he has heard new music from a newer band that is a surprise to fans, maybe this is what he was refering to? Either way this seems like good news!


I highly doubt it. AB is not a newer band. They've been around for 16 years.

After visiting the Blabbermouth frontpage the other day, I strongly believe that AB is a new and fresh band. This business still seems to revolve around the same old faces like Sebastian Bach, Dee Snider or bands like Motörhead, AC/DC and STP. :facepalm

The Dissident
White Knuckled
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:13 pm

Re: Fortressy and Mainstreamy are my words. The others are Tim's.

Postby The Dissident » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:03 pm

Mr. Slash wrote:
MidnightToker wrote:
The Dissident wrote:Eddie Trunk had shared something on Twitter that he has heard new music from a newer band that is a surprise to fans, maybe this is what he was refering to? Either way this seems like good news!


I highly doubt it. AB is not a newer band. They've been around for 16 years.

After visiting the Blabbermouth frontpage the other day, I strongly believe that AB is a new and fresh band. This business still seems to revolve around the same old faces like Sebastian Bach, Dee Snider or bands like Motörhead, AC/DC and STP. :facepalm


Agreed, new band is anything from the 2000s and onwards in the eyes of most for rock.

User avatar
Inconquerable
Rise Today
Posts: 3917
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:21 pm
Location: Shady Oak Dr.

Re: WARNING! ALL GOOD!

Postby Inconquerable » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:07 pm

I just got an email about a new merch campaign from the band called All Ends Well. I freaked out because A) thought it could be the acoustic ep, and B) I had a soul crushing thought that the band was ending. But no, new merch. Proceeds are going to the crew again which is awesome.

https://alterbridge.com/collections/store
Image


User avatar
Mr. Slash
On The Rail
Posts: 1487
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:40 am
Location: Germany

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby Mr. Slash » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:15 pm

Have you guys seen this? Don't know when this was recorded but apparently this is from Steel Panther's social media.

nagpo
On The Rail
Posts: 1643
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby nagpo » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:54 am

Nice to see kevin bacon getting back down to earth

User avatar
gbruin
MEGLADONG
Posts: 7239
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:27 pm
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby gbruin » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:26 am

nagpo wrote:Nice to see kevin bacon getting back down to earth

I'm sure Kyra nagged him into doing it.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

User avatar
UninvitedZero
White Knuckled
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:44 pm

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby UninvitedZero » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:45 am

I have been hearing more and more Alter Bridge on regular old FM radio lately! 105.3 WTOS Bangor. In the last month at work, I've heard Addicted To Pain a couple times, Show Me A Leader and even Rise Today.
Now more than ever what we need
Is love to replace all the obscene

:peace

User avatar
fix
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 692
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:50 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby fix » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:54 am

anguyen92 wrote:Image


Oh hello, that's a nice thing to read when finally checking in again.

User avatar
Mr. Slash
On The Rail
Posts: 1487
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:40 am
Location: Germany

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby Mr. Slash » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:43 am

Yesterday Mark had a little talk with the guys of ShipRocked. Among other things he talks about recording a song for David Ellefson's (from Megadeth) solo project.
https://www.facebook.com/GetShipRocked/ ... 099614060/

User avatar
MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby MidnightToker » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:25 pm

fix wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:Image


Oh hello, that's a nice thing to read when finally checking in again.


Any updates from Tim on this thing they've been working to keep fans entertained during Covid?

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9628
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Postby anguyen92 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:30 pm

We haven't heard anything from them officially, yet, but someone from another thread found a link (looks like that link got taken down now) that leads to a live album EP that has Walk the Sky live tracks and features one new studio track. Again, I always take anything with a grain of salt until the band makes an official announcement.


Return to “Alter Bridge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mirko.volpon, MuffinMcFluffin and 21 guests