The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
The Dissident
White Knuckled

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by The Dissident »

I watched a fortress track by track interview which popped up on youtube. I had no idea that Calm The Fire was originally intended to open up Fortress. Personally I prefer it to Cry Of Achilles, and I think it would have been an amazing opener for the album

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Here's a random thought -- I know The Last Hero gets a lot of flack from the fanbase, mostly for the mixing and such, but I decided to bust that album out while I shoveled snow yesterday, and goddamn, that's a great album, top to bottom. I hadn't really given it a proper listen in a while, but I'd forgotten how much I actually loved the songs. The angst, the subject matter, the riffs, all of it.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

TLH definitely has some brilliant moments!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

The Dissident wrote:I watched a fortress track by track interview which popped up on youtube. I had no idea that Calm The Fire was originally intended to open up Fortress. Personally I prefer it to Cry Of Achilles, and I think it would have been an amazing opener for the album
It really would have been. Maybe if it opened the album, it would have gotten more plays in a live setting.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

AB4Lyfe wrote:
The Dissident wrote:I watched a fortress track by track interview which popped up on youtube. I had no idea that Calm The Fire was originally intended to open up Fortress. Personally I prefer it to Cry Of Achilles, and I think it would have been an amazing opener for the album
It really would have been. Maybe if it opened the album, it would have gotten more plays in a live setting.
Actually I think the falsetto in the beginning is what keeps them from playing it a lot, I think its hard for Myles.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

For any lapsed WWE fans, last night was the Royal Rumble...

Metalingus started rocking and EDGE made his return to in ring competition! He made it down to the final three competitors!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

UninvitedZero wrote:For any lapsed WWE fans, last night was the Royal Rumble...

Metalingus started rocking and EDGE made his return to in ring competition! He made it down to the final three competitors!
The best theme in WWE. Such an awesome moment!

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

AB4Lyfe wrote:
UninvitedZero wrote:For any lapsed WWE fans, last night was the Royal Rumble...

The best theme in WWE. Such an awesome moment!
I almost have to watch Monday Night Raw on the off chance Edge spears someone else out of his boots tonight... Lol

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Just imagine AB writing a new song for Edge.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Mr. Slash wrote:Just imagine AB writing a new song for Edge.
Hope not, the possibilities for that to end up being a fail are a lot and I'm not saying that they're doing bad music or anything like that, it's just that Metalingus it's an incredibly good song and it feels like it's made for Edge.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

WWE has crap music now. The PPV theme songs are nothing but Twenty One Pilots and Imagine Dragons junk...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

UninvitedZero wrote:WWE has crap music now. The PPV theme songs are nothing but Twenty One Pilots and Imagine Dragons junk...
Haven't followed wrestling in a long while, but I've been reading that the NXT big events are still incorporating theme songs from the more modern hard rock bands to the point where Loudwire actually listed Triple H as the "Loudwire Metal Ambassador of the Decade."

I can't imagine WWE reaching out to AB to see if they can use one of AB's songs for anything again. Last time they did so was when they played Ghost of Days Gone By in Edge's documentary back in 2012. Since then, WWE has been going a different direction with the music they want to include in their media and AB has gone another direction with their music they created that's different from the post-grunge/Wind-Up stuff that WWE featured prominently in the mid-2000s (in addition to AB being with a record label that probably won't be on WWE's radar in the near future).

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

He’s a legend, his theme song will never change.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

UninvitedZero wrote:WWE has crap music now. The PPV theme songs are nothing but Twenty One Pilots and Imagine Dragons junk...
Waaaat, bands like these are way too soft for wrestling.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Mr. Slash wrote:
I don't know. Crap rock for a fake sport seems pretty appropriate. I always thought that AB was far too legit to be involved in pro wrestling, like it cheapened the music and meaning of Metalingus, but it is what it is.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

gbruin wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:
I don't know. Crap rock for a fake sport seems pretty appropriate. I always thought that AB was far too legit to be involved in pro wrestling, like it cheapened the music and meaning of Metalingus, but it is what it is.
I was going to post this lol

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

nagpo wrote:
gbruin wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:
I was going to post this lol
:cheers
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Godspeed has (finally) charted on US radio! http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/allabou ... format=R2R

Hopefully can sneak into the top 20.
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

It probably will over time in the next few months. Top 10 is the big challenge. Been a long time since they had a top 10, let alone a top 5 single on Active Rock. Addicted to Pain was the last time an AB single made it that far back in 2013.......

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

anguyen92 wrote:It probably will over time in the next few months. Top 10 is the big challenge. Been a long time since they had a top 10, let alone a top 5 single on Active Rock. Addicted to Pain was the last time an AB single made it that far back in 2013.......
I figured that because it's not a lead single with all the associated album promotion it would struggle a bit more, though? When was the last time we even rigged an online poll for the band? Too long.
For all of the hope that it brings...