The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
nagpo
On The Rail

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by nagpo »

Wow I looked it up. that was from 2017. Some guy left a youtube comment complaining about you. we all had a good laugh at the time

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

AB23 wrote:
nagpo wrote:"Im guessing this was made by the dickhead with the cat as an avatar from AB forum AB23.Anyway Myles sounded insanely good on Calm The Fire his range was phenomenal in Cry of Achillies and Lover all from the Fortress album.As for The Last Hero his high's on Show me a leader are acceptional.his vocals on This Side of Fate are heavenly especially the majestic range from the 1st major change up,also he sounds utterly amazing on Cradle To the Grave so piss off to your cave already"

jesus christ
I still can't get over this.

Lol whats this from ?

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

That was some random dude's comment on a Youtube video

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

How FUCKING DARE he talk about my avi like that

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Can AB place a rule where the opening bands of their next US tour be ones that will not have more radio plays on Sirius X.M. Octane than AB in the long game? These were the bands that opened for them in their headlining tours in the US during The Last Hero tour: Nonpoint, In Flames, and All That Remains and I'm including Adelitas Way since they opened for AB for a few shows in the tour before The Last Hero was out. I feel like it's so friken infuriating that AB is the one headlining these US shows and they are the ones bringing in the crowds, around 1,500 people or so a show, that these bands cannot pull nowadays by themselves. Yet it seems like they are the bands that always get more love on Octane, Turbo, and Liquid Metal on a consistent basis and AB is basically a non-entity on those stations. You think the band headlining those venues on a consistent basis would get more consistent radio play on a station whose genre is tailor-made for a band like AB. Speaks greatly about the power of AB's committed fanbase > any satellite radio exposure.

Oddly enough, I saw Within Temptation with In Flames back in March and on Octane, they were plugging the fact that In Flames was on tour. Didn't mention once who they were on tour with and they were the main support band (they still got an hour of playing time and some people were there mainly for them), but Within Temptation was clearly the bigger band of the two in terms of everything (production values, vocals, songs people can identify, presence, etc.) and delivered a much more enjoying set (I rated that set highly as my favorite of the year until I saw Switchfoot two weeks later). I have yet to hear a Within Temptation song on Sirus XM though, but they probably be more on Liquid Metal than Octane and maybe Turbo depending on how big "What Have You Done" was as a lead single at the time.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

AB23 wrote:How FUCKING DARE he talk about my avi like that
lmao

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Solace is such a good song

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Been listening to albums start to finish and rating lately for something on another forum, been doing the AB studio albums mixed in lately. The pure consistency throughout all the AB albums is unreal. I knew the albums were good and that the hits were amazing, but the general lack of true filler is unreal.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Hey guys. So we all know that AB recently announced that the listening party for AB VI is on September 17th. Already bought a ticket for it about a week after they had it on sale back in February, I think. The good news is that is not on the weekend that I'm seeing Iron Maiden, so I don't have to cancel that. The bad news, for me, is that it is on the day after the Breaking Benjamin/Chevelle/Three Days Grace concert in Irvine, California and I got a ticket for it.

So here's what I'm thinking and I may be crazy doing it. After the concert ends, presumably before 11PM, and I presume I actually get out of the parking lot at around 11:05-11:10 or so, I drive straight to an airport that has a late night flight to Orlando, either LAX or Ontario International Airport. It may take me around 45-60 minutes to get from Irvine to Ontario or LAX. The only flights I am seeing that is late nights is at around 1:00AM and nothing later than that until 6:00 AM. Now, I haven't been on a plane in a very long time (17 years, I think) so I do not know what is the protocol on how long before the flight departs should I get to the airport. I really don't want to cancel seeing Breaking Benjamin (even though I saw them two years ago, and saw Three Days Grace earlier this year with Disturbed. Both concerts were great shows all around). If I can get to the airport before midnight (which can be doable) and get on the plane at 1:00 AM, that would be swell. Is that possible with airports nowadays?

Also, another question for those that have been to a listening party before. What time does it typically start and what time should I get there to get a good spot (like first five rows)? I probably want to give like a two hour window from me landing at the airport in Orlando and then find some way to get to the venue early to get a good spot (be it through bus, taxi, Uber, etc.) I haven't traveled out of state in 17 years so I really do not know how to get from point A to point B without a car and need to find ways to travel in the cheapest and safest way possible.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, so it turns out that I should get to the airport 90 minutes before the flight leaves. I don't mind waiting, but since the only flights, after the Breaking Benjamin concert at around 11:00 PM or so, leaves at 1:00 AM and nothing until 6:00 AM. I do see a good flight that leaves at 6:00 AM and I get to Orlando at 4:00 PM their time. I will not budge where I will see the Breaking Benjamin concert in full, go the airport on time, and get a good spot for the AB Listening Party and be there the whole time. Not going to compromise at all on those details.

I guess the question now is what time would the listening party start and where is it at so that I can plan out traveling from the airport to the venue. Would my best chance to get a clear answer be to send an email out to AB's management?

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Well, you have lots of time to sort out the details about getting from the airport to the venue so you don't need to contact AB Mgmt or start plotting an itinerary just yet.

In the past, the Tremonti/AB LPs were at the Social near downtown and was only about 20 min or so away from the airport. Doors for the LP are usually around 6p. A few people will start lining up around noonish, but it's a small enough event that there will plenty of good spots for anyone at the event. If you really want to be early in line for the LP, you'll need a direct flight. It'll cost a bit more but can get you to Orlando around noon.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Thanks for the info, Greg. I've looked at flights in LAX, in Ontario Airport, in Santa Ana. There isn't anything that can get me there non-stop around noon on September 17th the day of. There are flights that can get me there before noon, but the plane leaves at 1:00 AM my time. If I get out of the Amphitheater at 11:00 PM, I may not make it in time for checking in after a 45-60 minute drive to either airport (LAX or Ontario). The more reality kicks in, the more I have to realize that I may have to pass on going to the Breaking Benjamin/Three Days Grace/Chevelle concert if I want to get a good spot for AB's listening party. I can't pull off what I want to and get max enjoyment out of these two events.

Technically, I could leave before the encore of Breaking Benjamin and catch an early flight on time, but if I'm leaving before they play The Diary of Jane then what's the point of being at a Breaking Benjamin concert in the first place? Might as well not show up at all.

I'll mull it over for a couple more weeks before I lock in my plane ticket and hotel stay.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

All spots will be good spots, esp if you're next to zaz

Post by gbruin »

At the last AB LP, I was standing with Ryan and abw and his better half and zaz and I think Ashlee was with us near the back of the crowd and off to the side a bit. I hadn't NOT been front row for AB ever, so it was weird for a minute, but I had a fantastic time. Just being there and getting to do all the pre-show meet & greet stuff and seeing the show with good friends (and zaz) and hanging out afterward and being among the first to hear the new album was totally worth it, despite not being up front.

Don't worry about arriving early for a good spot for the show. It's a small venue with a small crowd by design, so just being there guarantees a good spot.

Go see BB and then fly 3 time zones to see AB the next night. That's a pretty epic couple of days right there.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Huh. Don't think we had ever talked about this before. Found this article from Kerrang that discuses Myles' 10 songs that changed his life in some way and look at the variety of bands he listed. He listed Beatles, Zeppelin, GNR, Stevie Wonder, Big Wreck, Lamb of God, Earth Wind & Fire, Steely Dan, etc. Naturally, he picked Blackbird as his favorite song to play live.

https://www.kerrang.com/features/myles- ... d-my-life/

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

anguyen92 wrote:Huh. Don't think we had ever talked about this before. Found this article from Kerrang that discuses Myles' 10 songs that changed his life in some way and look at the variety of bands he listed. He listed Beatles, Zeppelin, GNR, Stevie Wonder, Big Wreck, Lamb of God, Earth Wind & Fire, Steely Dan, etc. Naturally, he picked Blackbird as his favorite song to play live.

https://www.kerrang.com/features/myles- ... d-my-life/
This is a cool one, thanks for sharing! I'd challenge anyone to find another artist with a more diverse group of rock bands in their list.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So I finally got around emailing management regarding when the doors are opening for the Listening Party and if I can store my luggage at the venue. Tim replied to me sooner than I thought it would take (mainly, because I thought they would answering loads of questions that's probably already in the queue regarding AB's plan for this album cycle before they get to my questions).

Anyway, I think I'm going to have to pass on seeing Breaking Benjamin the prior Monday. If I get to the airport in Orlando by like 4:00 PM their time, I don't think I can get to the hotel room, check in to drop my bag, and then spend like another 20 or so minutes to get to the venue and get a good spot in line before the doors open (and I do want to talk to people while waiting in line).

It's a bummer, but that's how it is. Thankfully, I've already seen Three Days Grace earlier this year. It's a bummer missing out on Chevelle and I'm intrigued on how Diamante and Dorothy are as openers. Of course, Breaking Benjamin will put on a solid show where every song is a big singalong and I hope they come back to the OC next year. After this year's show in Irvine, they will have played a show in the OC for four straight years (two straight years at the Anaheim HOB and two straight years in the amphitheater in Irvine). There's bound to be another chance to see Breaking Benjamin in SoCal within the next two years and their show I seen in 2017 was among the very best perfect concerts that I have seen.

Now comes the next question, I already bought the ticket for Groupon. Don't think I can ask Groupon for a refund for the $34.00 I've spent so it comes down to giving it to someone else. Where the heck can I relist this ticket, legally?

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

I know I'm far from the first to say anything like this but I just have to give a shout out to this band for making songs that get you through tough times so well. I just got out of a 2 year relationship (an eternity for me) and have been seriously struggling ever since. AB has been my favorite band from day one and have always been helpful to listen to, but damn, when you're really down about something, it's like the best kind of therapy. Even all the AB III songs that are eerily relatable right now are still therapeutic. I think that's something people don't realize about this kind of music - no matter how dark or sad or angry it may sound on the surface, just the fact that any part of it feels relatable or that you're not alone is all it takes sometimes. As gracious as these guys are, they'll never truly understand just how much of an impact they have on people's lives. So grateful for them and all you fellow fans. :hug

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

WaywardOne wrote:I know I'm far from the first to say anything like this but I just have to give a shout out to this band for making songs that get you through tough times so well. I just got out of a 2 year relationship (an eternity for me) and have been seriously struggling ever since. AB has been my favorite band from day one and have always been helpful to listen to, but damn, when you're really down about something, it's like the best kind of therapy. Even all the AB III songs that are eerily relatable right now are still therapeutic. I think that's something people don't realize about this kind of music - no matter how dark or sad or angry it may sound on the surface, just the fact that any part of it feels relatable or that you're not alone is all it takes sometimes. As gracious as these guys are, they'll never truly understand just how much of an impact they have on people's lives. So grateful for them and all you fellow fans. :hug
:hug :cheers :beer
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

sugarandcyanide
Bought The CDs

Post by sugarandcyanide »

My friend met Eddie Trunk tonight at the Inkcarceration Festival, in Ohio, and he was wearing an AB Fortress tour shirt.
SMKC

07/20/14 - Northfield, OH
09/26/15 - Northfield, OH
08/01/19 - Northfield, OH

Myles - YOTT

11/19/18 - Cleveland, OH

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

sugarandcyanide wrote:My friend met Eddie Trunk tonight at the Inkcarceration Festival, in Ohio, and he was wearing an AB Fortress tour shirt.
He loves that album