The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by Ubik »

Yeebus, impressive! Also a serious amount of ABIII in that picture :lol
For all of the hope that it brings...

claudiocc
Bought The CDs

Post by claudiocc »

Yeebus, impressive! Also a serious amount of ABIII in that picture :lol
Yes, in all different kind of configuration...there were several options ....and I did purchased more of the whole 5 AB cds which I gave away to my friends.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

claudiocc wrote:
Yes, in all different kind of configuration...there were several options
What are exactly the differences between these albums?

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

claudiocc wrote:This is my collection over the full span on AB years...Not bad !!!! And 42 concerts to be added!!!
That's more of a mark tremonti collection to me. still quite impressive, most impressive.

claudiocc
Bought The CDs

Post by claudiocc »

What are exactly the differences between these albums?
Mainly I have three different options. US market, Europe market and BEST BUY option which normally includes extra tracks not available in the "official" releases. Then some of them are signed by the band , and sometime -as I travel a lot- I could find some deluxe editions available in other countries. In any case I have a double of the original release , one to listen and one to collect.

I am missing load of Creed singles, which I am working on, especially Australia market,The Mayfield Four, and I did not put down Slash with Myles as I have them in a different house. So it is not just Tremonti, even if he is the driven one. I always loved his guitars riffs

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Lol, check the first comment. You're famous, Monty!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

:lol :lol

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

It always makes me laugh how much Myles goofed around on stage back then. And it always makes me sad, that can't pull off his ODR vocals anymore. But yea, i know, i am beating a dead horse here.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

"Im guessing this was made by the dickhead with the cat as an avatar from AB forum AB23.Anyway Myles sounded insanely good on Calm The Fire his range was phenomenal in Cry of Achillies and Lover all from the Fortress album.As for The Last Hero his high's on Show me a leader are acceptional.his vocals on This Side of Fate are heavenly especially the majestic range from the 1st major change up,also he sounds utterly amazing on Cradle To the Grave so piss off to your cave already"

jesus christ

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

That's ridiculous. Monty doesn't live in a cave. He lives in a barn.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

gbruin wrote:That's ridiculous. Monty doesn't live in a cave. He lives in a barn.
That's definitely an upgrade to a cave. :yes

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Mr. Slash wrote:
gbruin wrote:That's ridiculous. Monty doesn't live in a cave. He lives in a barn.
That's definitely an upgrade to a cave. :yes
Right! Dude is sophisticated!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Just read this - two days old

https://thesymphonyofrock.com/2017/01/1 ... g-machine/

Interesting part here "“We spent an absolute fortune to get Alter Bridge off [wind-up],” Tremonti continued. “We’re still paying that debt. That business side really, really hurt us. All these years paying and still to this day we’re only half-way through."

christ.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

nagpo wrote:Just read this - two days old

Interesting part here "“We spent an absolute fortune to get Alter Bridge off [wind-up],” Tremonti continued. “We’re still paying that debt. That business side really, really hurt us. All these years paying and still to this day we’re only half-way through."

christ.
Half way???? Wow, I knew they dropped a ton of money to buy themselves out of Wind Up, but I had no idea they still had so much to pay off. Really makes me curious just how much money we're talking about here.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

That sucks heavily. Wonder what the repayment terms are like, whether it's just fixed payments or based off band income.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

WaywardOne wrote:
nagpo wrote:Just read this - two days old

christ.
Half way???? Wow, I knew they dropped a ton of money to buy themselves out of Wind Up, but I had no idea they still had so much to pay off. Really makes me curious just how much money we're talking about here.
wouldn't surprise me if it was a couple million. Wind-ups final fuck you to mark and the band i guess.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ubik wrote:That sucks heavily. Wonder what the repayment terms are like, whether it's just fixed payments or based off band income.
I think the way I believe it could be set up is this. They have a statement from a bank on how much they need to pay off plus interest where the interest has to be made in payments whether it is monthly or yearly. The bank is not too worried about when the whole sum is paid off as long as the interest keeps getting paid off.

One could make the argument that, "Well, they play big venues in Europe and the UK, within the last six years or so, probably making a couple million of dollars in ticket revenue/merch sales/meet-and-greets/guitar clinics, that debt should be paid off in no time." However, AB don't get that full amount. First, promoters/booking agents get a piece of that ticket revenue pie (got to make back the money promoters spent on the guarantees to have the band play the shows), a piece of that pie goes to the roadies (though a fee should be decided anyway before the revenue results are in), then another piece of the pie goes to the support bands (again, like roadies, a flat fee should be decided regardless of tour revenue). Also, regarding the money the Meet-and-greets and guitar clinics make, a portion of that goes to Fret12 so that they maintain the capital needed to keep going and grow as a company, and rightfully so, since I want to see them grow and keep providing more products like future "The Sound and the Story" for AB albums and other great guitarists.

Eventually, whatever piece of that pie is left that they made from touring should go towards the band to do what they please with it, and they, like regular average joes, has other stuff to deal with before chipping off that debt, like paying bills like house and car, supporting their families, etc. Only after all of that is said and done, whatever is left of that pie can be used to chip away of that debt and given the state of this bloody music industry, no wonder after 10.5 years of buying out of that contract and getting that loan, they are only halfway through. That's a harsh reality.

It's stuff like this where I got no problems with them charging the big money for the Meet and Greets and the guitar clinics and VIP for Life. Got to find other sources of revenue somehow and provide a good and reasonable service to the fans if people are not buying albums. I'm not going to buy that stuff, but even I feel, in a certain arrogance, that I don't feel less of a fan for not buying them. If I had the money to splash around with, I would certainly get those big bundle deals and help support the band that's given me a lot over the years.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

Remind me never to share a slightly critical opinion with the Army of 12 Facebook group...........
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

cajmoyper
Bought The CDs

Post by cajmoyper »

I had a friend listen to The Last Hero some time ago. I wanted his impression of the song. I think it's a tour de force to be sure and just want people to know how awesome it is. This was his response:

Dude had me wanting to ride a unicorn dragon soaked in the blood of my enemies through the desolate wasteland of a rock and roll future while armor-clad valkyries flew alongside me calling down righteous lightning.

How true.

CintaC94
Brand New Start

Post by CintaC94 »

Does anyone here could please tell me why Live in Milan package has never been released by AB? Is there any audio problem or something with it? I read rumors on youtube if the recording audio of their recorded concerts lately has some issues.

Other than that, I hope that Myles will always take care of his voice, his voice is truly a blessing!

I live in South East Asia where most people doesn't know AB :( but gladly I'm going to move out soon :yes so maybe I can attend their concert one day.