The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Get your head in the game

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AHart96 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:I thin I might be getting a bit addicted to the idea of buying AB merch for my AB/Tremonti collection. Have the craving to buy some more right now.
Yet you wouldn't rather use that money to go to an AB show? :headscratch :facepalm
I have more than enough money to go to a show. It's the cost of the traveling that's the most expensive part even after a Meet & Greet package :lol But until then I can continue to buy merch :)

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by Nicklord »

I played whole Alter Bridge discography with all b sides and what a great journey it was until the 5th song of ABIII, it picked up the pace again at the end of it. Also Show Me a Leader fits really great after Fortress, sounded like song of it. Every other change of album was really noticeable except for this one

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So, looking back at some of the write-ups of my favorite albums that I had posted at the Dream Theater Forums, I had this closing thought in my thoughts on AB's Live From Amsterdam.
Overall, I think it is safe to say that their first live DVD/album was a good hit for them that cements their reputation as a solid top-notch band for those that have heard of Alter Bridge. Good setlist for its time, had a great and full crowd in Amsterdam, and the band was playing at its peak. Sadly, this show was a big indicator that them being a full-time band was coming to an end as afterwards, Creed reunited and Myles was starting to work with Slash. However, this DVD represented the great magic that is Alter Bridge at a prime.
I want to hear your guys' opinion. Do you believe this thought sums up AB, given everything that has happened since that show in late 2008? Is the best still to come for them?

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

They came pretty damn close to creating something as good as Blackbird just on their last album. BB will always be my favorite, but I think they have a lot of fantastic stuff to put out there yet.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Happy 12th Birthday, One Day Remains! Wish I had known you for the other 9 years of your life! :mkrules :mtrocks :cloud9

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

My random thought for the day is.... Do what I just did. If you haven't ever done so, or haven't done in a while - go listen to your favorite Fortress song on the guitar only performances on the Fortress Sound and Story DVD - my favorite on there is probably All Ends Well, the sound of just them playing the guitars it's just an amazing piece of music.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Does anyone have some cool Alter Bridge/Tremonti wallpapers for my desktop. All I can find are some lame ass emo wallpapers that look like they were made by some random teenager. :(

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

So I've had the Live at Amsterdam DVD for years but never watched it. Watching it now. It's fucking awesome. I wish it had been in bluray, a lot of noise. But man I love this show. I'm singing along with it the entire way through

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I have a bluray version of that concert (I think? Been a while since I played it lol). They should sell both types.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Yea, I have a bluray version as well. Won it in a TABN contest once :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Well I won one of the website shirts so there.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

There is a Blu Ray version from AB LFA.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

There is... It's in the boxset

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

From Alter Bridge's Facebook:

"Coming this week"... https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 5785083557

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Very intriguing! I like the idea of the band posting these obscure promotional clips to generate interest in the new album.

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

So I've had the Live at Amsterdam DVD for years but never watched it. Watching it now. It's fucking awesome. I wish it had been in bluray, a lot of noise. But man I love this show. I'm singing along with it the entire way through
My favourite live showing! Myles' vocals are spot on, and that rendition of Blackbird is incredible. That concert had a really good vibe to it. The production of the dvd was perfect as well, nothing too ostentatious, pretty bare bones, just really well shot.

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

anguyen92 wrote:So, looking back at some of the write-ups of my favorite albums that I had posted at the Dream Theater Forums, I had this closing thought in my thoughts on AB's Live From Amsterdam.
Overall, I think it is safe to say that their first live DVD/album was a good hit for them that cements their reputation as a solid top-notch band for those that have heard of Alter Bridge. Good setlist for its time, had a great and full crowd in Amsterdam, and the band was playing at its peak. Sadly, this show was a big indicator that them being a full-time band was coming to an end as afterwards, Creed reunited and Myles was starting to work with Slash. However, this DVD represented the great magic that is Alter Bridge at a prime.
I want to hear your guys' opinion. Do you believe this thought sums up AB, given everything that has happened since that show in late 2008? Is the best still to come for them?
I think AB and Myles sound as good as if not better than Amsterdam and i really rate that concert

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I think their peak was 2008. There was so much more passion in those shows and Myles voice was incredible. Myles was a way better frontman as well. Not to mention that their setlists were a lot better, which is ironic, because they still play a lot of those songs, but back then those songs were fresh and a lot more exciting.

They play with a click now though, so some songs sound tighter, and of course Myles is still Myles (even on a bad night). But the passion though..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

Timotheus wrote:I think their peak was 2008. There was so much more passion in those shows and Myles voice was incredible. Myles was a way better frontman as well. Not to mention that their setlists were a lot better, which is ironic, because they still play a lot of those songs, but back then those songs were fresh and a lot more exciting.

They play with a click now though, so some songs sound tighter, and of course Myles is still Myles (even on a bad night). But the passion though..

The setlist from Amsterdam was 90% BB and they even included the stinker Coming Home. I prefer what they play now even though they don't cycle through their songs enough.Listening to Myles from this tour i think he sounds even better than on Amsterdam particularly on songs like Metalingus

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Coming Home is pretty good.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp