What is your favorite AB album?

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
abw1987
Blood Machines

Re: What is your favorite AB album?

Post by abw1987 »

AB23 wrote:it sort of seems a bit lazy if you ask me... like an easy fix. if a 21 year old fan can notice it, then youd think that professionals who are paid a lot to do stuff like that would
Yeah, like Andy said I'm sure it's on purpose. It gives the album a bit of flow/continuity.

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

If done right it can be very cool. A leftover from the album age when people would listen to a vinyl front to back.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

^ yeah. I pretty much always listen to albums front to back, it's rare for me to just pick a song at random unless I don't have much time to listen. So songs blending together has never really concerned me.
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

Yeah, it's really rewarding especially listening to music in the vinyl era. There are a few bands that still do it here and there. I just miss those days when more bands would put emphasize on the album (Logical tracklisting/pacing, abridging songs, setting up a solid two sides, etc.) as whole than on this single or that single. Making the album a listening experience rather than a bunch of songs lumped together because they were written at the same time. I don't know.. I could go on but I'm already rambling off topic.

Fletch
Loyal Follower

Post by Fletch »

ODR back in tut day

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

fanboy

Fletch
Loyal Follower

Post by Fletch »

:facepalm fook yee :rolleyes

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

NytestrykerZ wrote:Yeah, it's really rewarding especially listening to music in the vinyl era. There are a few bands that still do it here and there. I just miss those days when more bands would put emphasize on the album (Logical tracklisting/pacing, abridging songs, setting up a solid two sides, etc.) as whole than on this single or that single. Making the album a listening experience rather than a bunch of songs lumped together because they were written at the same time. I don't know.. I could go on but I'm already rambling off topic.
Agreed, agreed (well, not the rambling OT part, but the rest). Albums really did used to be journeys, didn't they?
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

i just dont see the point, especially when we live in an age where people can download single songs and many, many times people just pick a random album song instead of waiting throughout the entire album to listen to it

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Doesn't really do any harm to the people that don't notice/care, but sounds nice for those that do.
For all of the hope that it brings...

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

gbruin wrote:Agreed, agreed (well, not the rambling OT part, but the rest). Albums really did used to be journeys, didn't they?
It's true, man. Like you put on a record, pour a drink and tune out the outside world. An example, I've been stuck on The Band's self-titled album for a month now. You listen to that cover to cover and you feel like you're getting taken back to the rural America roots: plowing the fields, tending to your farm, the civil war, etc. And there isn't a bad song on that album either... good times.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

There are still plenty of "album bands" out there. Just need to know where to look. I despair when people base their disdain for todays current music on mainstream bands. Dig a little deeper and the creativity is still there alive and well.

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

And I think AB III could've been like that too if they stuck with that dark, questioning faith theme through the whole album. Like STTV, Isolation, AHIG, Still Remains, SMAS, Fallout and WDTTW all share similar thematics, mood and tone.
Macca wrote:There are still plenty of "album bands" out there. Just need to know where to look. I despair when people base their disdain for todays current music on mainstream bands. Dig a little deeper and the creativity is still there alive and well.
My problem is more with the mainstream in general than anything. There's still a few bands out there fighting the good fight for the album, thankfully.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Macca wrote:There are still plenty of "album bands" out there. Just need to know where to look. I despair when people base their disdain for todays current music on mainstream bands. Dig a little deeper and the creativity is still there alive and well.
So true.. All my favourite bands are modern bands..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Blackbird, definitely. I love ODR, but I think they really came together on Blackbird and Myles put a lot more of his input in that album. It has Blackbird, Brand New Start, Wayward One, White Knuckles. So many amazing songs, not a single one I don't love. I like ABIII as well, but there are a few on there that I just don't like as much. With Blackbird I can listen to the entire album all the way through even now.

tRuth Alone
Brand New Start

Post by tRuth Alone »

Whilst i would happily listen to any AB album, love them all - AB3 just gets my vote for

1) Being the album that I heard first and
2) Containing DWTTW :)

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

darker words than their wings is my fav too

tRuth Alone
Brand New Start

Post by tRuth Alone »

AB23 wrote:darker words than their wings is my fav too
Great song whatever :embarrassed

Apologies! Must go and listen to it another dozen times right now to remind myself....

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Blackbird for sure. Not even close.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Its always going to be and always shall be Blackbird, until that day where AB finally does an album that's going to top Blackbird as the standard, but that's a pretty tough standard to live by, which was hard to get into ABIII at the early portions of its release.