Live in Milan

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Re: Live in Milan

Post by One Drew Remains »

I've always been a fan of LFA and Wembly (I thought the crowd sing alongs should have been more audible on Wembly though) but maybe it's time for AB to start thinking of what's best for their fans and go w/another production company.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

alteredme
Brand New Start

Post by alteredme »

Does anyone know if the "Live In Milan" DVD has officially been canned or just delayed? I'd love to see it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I'm going with the impression that it has been canned until further notice. In fact, I'm so angry with this whole ordeal that even if there is a day where it does come out, I'm not even going to buy it. This hurts me a lot saying that, since I love this band and all and getting into more of buying their releases at Best Buy.

DC3 had their chance when they build up hope and anticipation, right when I needed it the most, back in June of 2014 and I was crushed in the end. I don't take it too kindly when I get crushed.

I don't know what's the hold up and all. Even if the band was dissatisfied with the final product, you don't go ahead and post a video promoting the thing to be released at a specific time and not deliver on it. As a guy learning business, that's a very huge no-no that causes customer dissatisfaction and I am very dissatisfied as a result and feel the urge to buy stuff from another company. Thank goodness for Fret12.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Who knows what's going on. We aren't privy to the discussions & decisions between AB & DC3, so all we can do is speculate.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

All I want is the Watch Over You performance with Lzzy and the Fortress songs. They don't have to release the entire show lol.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: (just in case the band is reading this)

Post by Timotheus »

Calm The Fire, Lover and Cry Of Achilles please!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

it's still listed on Palladia's website.
Photobucket cash grab.

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

anguyen92 wrote:I'm going with the impression that it has been canned until further notice. In fact, I'm so angry with this whole ordeal that even if there is a day where it does come out, I'm not even going to buy it.

Wish DC3 were the ones getting canned...

AB BATMAN
Bought The CDs

Post by AB BATMAN »

Apparently, Clark Langon confirmed on FB that the project has been scrapped. I guess those former employees weren't lying... No Milan, no Wembley 3D... Is anything that was promised as a make-good for the delays actually being delivered?

AB BATMAN
Bought The CDs

Post by AB BATMAN »

I wonder if that colossal amount of box set money had actually been spent on the box set, maybe there wouldn't have been so many delays and faulty product?

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

wow... this is a bummer :( next tour hopefully we'll see another DVD from AB, and hopefully this POS company isnt behind it, or i'll be pretty dissapointed in the guys for sticking with them.

Fret12 take the wheel, take it from DC3's hands.
Thanks Timo!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Have the guys at least announced that they'll end the cooperation with DC3? I'd really like to know the reasons why it got canceled.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Damn, that is disappointing. I was really looking forward to this one. From the bootlegs I saw, it looked like a very passionate audience.

I remember hearing that the guys weren't happy with how they performed a couple of the songs at that show, so they were considering swapping in performances from different dates on the same tour. One has to wonder who ultimately made this decision. The guys could very well have said, "we're not thrilled with our performance here, and it doesn't stand out enough from our prior two DVDs, so let's scrap this one." Or they could have simply fired DC3 altogether after the box set debacle.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

"We're not thrilled with our performance here, and it doesn't stand out enough from our prior two DVDs, so let's scrap this one. Must play more songs from Blackbird next time"
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, I do hope they part ways with DC3, honestly. I just can't trust DC3 releasing a product with them in the future. If they do, I'm just not going to buy it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

abw1987 wrote: I remember hearing that the guys weren't happy with how they performed a couple of the songs at that show.
The guys could very well have said, "we're not thrilled with our performance here, and it doesn't stand out enough from our prior two DVDs, so let's scrap this one."
Well, then the performance must have been terrible. I mean, Myles totally fucked up Open Your Eyes on the Wembley DVD, furthermore his voice sounded very weak during the whole set since he was sick. Still the Wembley DVD was released. I can't imagine that the performance was the reason to scrap the Milan thing. :shrug

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I watched some of the fan youtube videos and even though the video quality is not as good, since it's youtube videos, this could have been way better than Wembley.

The crowd was louder, AB played a solid setlist with 6 Fortress songs on it, Myles sounded better and more relaxed, Lzzy Hale came out to sing Watch Over You. The aura, overall, seems so much better than Wembley. I always stated, since they released Wembley, I always said that they were chasing the epic performance, when they just did not have it in them at the time. From what I watched from the fan videos in Milan, I did not get that feeling.

What I got was a band playing really well and having a good time doing it with a crowd that loved to be there. That's what it should always be about.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Mr. Slash wrote:Well, then the performance must have been terrible. I mean, Myles totally fucked up Open Your Eyes on the Wembley DVD, furthermore his voice sounded very weak during the whole set since he was sick. Still the Wembley DVD was released. I can't imagine that the performance was the reason to scrap the Milan thing. :shrug
Lol. Wembley was not terrible, but it wasn't great either. Myles' voice was wiped, the guys hadn't yet fixed their tempo issues, and the crowd noise was not properly captured. I think they felt obligated to release it, despite the shortcomings. I mean, holy shit -- Wembley! And they went all-out with the fire, the confetti, the lasers, and all the cameras. They couldn't not release it.
anguyen92 wrote:The crowd was louder, AB played a solid setlist with 6 Fortress songs on it, Myles sounded better and more relaxed, Lzzy Hale came out to sing Watch Over You.
I know!! I was so excited for all of this. Ugh.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Sadly, if they do release a dvd for the next albums cycle, we'll probably only get Cry of Achilles, Waters Rising and ATP.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Gonna PM Dan and ask if he'd sell me just the Lzzy Hale duet on Watch Over You lol.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.