Live in Milan

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
vChris
White Knuckled

Re: Live in Milan

Post by vChris »

Well, that's a bummer.

It doesn't make sense at all. Why put up all of the cameras and do all the work and then completely scratch it? Wouldn't it be possible to sell some songs separately as a digital release? Then there wouldn't be the risk of a blizzard or expensive shipping costs or production or... AND the guys could choose the songs where their performance was awesome.

See, everyone (more or less) happy!

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

They've never been that way though. If they don't like it, we never see it. :(
Photobucket cash grab.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Ryan wrote:They've never been that way though. If they don't like it, we never see it. :(
I thought the same about Tremontis studio performances. And then TTournier happened. :D

Nah, just kidding. That's a completely different case. Sadly.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Not all of the songs were released from that though. Like Decay... :(
Photobucket cash grab.

TREMONSTER
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TREMONSTER »

Ryan wrote:Not all of the songs were released from that though. Like Decay... :(
Yeah, I really want to hear Decay and New Way Out from that session they did :(
*Courtesy of Alter Bridge Bangladesh Facebook

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

And Brains...

TREMONSTER
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TREMONSTER »

Yeah Brains too! So many great songs
*Courtesy of Alter Bridge Bangladesh Facebook

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

So long, LIM. We never knew ye.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

It's a sad feeling knowing that a month prior to the so-call June release, I talked to Flip on a video chat, saying that I watched some of the youtube fan videos of it and everything looked so active and the atmosphere looked great and asked him if there's going to be bonus behind the scenes stuff and told him I was pumped to see all of it on DVD and I think he felt the same way.

Man, what could have been.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

I still tend to think that it was due to City Drive's fuck up, not due to the band disliking the sound or smth
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

anguyen92 wrote:It's a sad feeling knowing that a month prior to the so-call June release, I talked to Flip on a video chat, saying that I watched some of the youtube fan videos of it and everything looked so active and the atmosphere looked great and asked him if there's going to be bonus behind the scenes stuff and told him I was pumped to see all of it on DVD and I think he felt the same way.
Can you provide any more detail about what you asked and how Flip answered?
GazEd wrote:I still tend to think that it was due to City Drive's fuck up, not due to the band disliking the sound or smth
Could be a combination of things, really.

1. Alter Bridge's relationship with DC3 must have soured after the box set debacle.
2. Their reported lack of enthusiasm with their performance in Milan.
3. They are tied up with other projects, so Milan isn't necessarily a priority.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Nope, that's pretty much all I have. No really, that was all I had thought about asking him, if there was going to be bonus footage of any kind on the Milan DVD.

I do recall the first thing I said when it was my turn to talk him on the OkHello app (there was like probably 15 other people wanting to talk to him on the video chat as well. Andy was there) was "Oh crap, I didn't expect this."

All I said was the above and he said that he looked at some of the youtube fan videos, himself, and he thought it looked good from there. One would make the assumption that the DVD-footage shots would really make everything look great.

It got me pumped for the DVD. Now, about 10 months later, I'm left feeling unpumped and pouty about it.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Oh so he watched YouTube videos of their performance? LOL - the idea that he had to go to YouTube to see footage of the show cracks me up.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ok, maybe it wasn't fan footage, specially. I can't recall. I have a bad memory. He told me he saw some footage of the show. That's as far as I'm going to word it. I don't know if he saw the complete product or not.

AB BATMAN
Bought The CDs

Post by AB BATMAN »

GazEd wrote:I still tend to think that it was due to City Drive's fuck up, not due to the band disliking the sound or smth
You're right. Take a long look back when this was originally described as a half documentary / half concert film, with performances from all over Europe. The band didn't want to do another concert DVD, but they were ok with that approach.

Too bad TCD promised one thing and then did something else entirely...

slasherbridge
White Knuckled

Post by slasherbridge »

Well shit. I'm depressed now. :(

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Dan provided some additional color on Facebook about the show and why the band has been opposed to releasing it so far. Some old info, some new.
Hopefully it will come out one day. It is a fucking amazing show. Way better than Amsterdam or Wembley. The band only had 1-2 bad songs. The show looks amazing and the crowd was awesome. One of my favorite shoots- ever
We've been trying. I will probably meet with the band when Myles and Mark have a break from their crazy schedules to see what we can do. We have been discussing some ideas with Flip and I feel confident that we will work it out to get it released this year sometime.
there were some technical problems on a few songs. On one song the entire lighting rig went out for almost a minute (I think it was Metalingus) and I know that "Lover" was really rough. It was like the second time they played it live and Myles was not happy with his performance at all. Overall the show is amazing. Way better than the other two DVD's I did. I have been pushing hard to get them to focus on this and let me release this bad boy.
They are perfectionists so they won't let something get released, especially live product without it being perfect. With that being said, I am sure this will sort out and Milan will eventually come out!
Obviously none of this is official -- just casual conversation via Facebook comments -- so please don't take any of this as concrete promises. But it seems like Dan still has some hope, and the project isn't completely dead.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I'm still not going to buy it though. My anticipation and hype is dead, man, on this end and I'm moving on to the next product to buy (Cauterize, Dust, AB V).

However, these news does raise a little more suspicions that Lover may not be on the official release, since I think the track listing on one of those rumor sites had the track listing to have only 18 songs (no Lover).

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

I personally don't believe a word he says after the whole box set debacle. I'm not going to rehash my opinions on that product because there is a separate thread for it and have stated my opinion multiple times. The one thing I will say is that that experience has destroyed his reputation in my eyes and I'm sure in the eyes of a lot of other people as well.

I sincerely hope that the band doesn't continue to work with DC3 in the future and I have to admit that I'll be quite disappointed if they continue to work with his company

AB BATMAN
Bought The CDs

Post by AB BATMAN »

Don't believe the lies.