Live in Milan

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Re: Live in Milan

Post by One Drew Remains »

Yeah, there was no reason why they couldn't play 6 Fortress songs in that set. But I got 5 at one show, and 4 at the other (but we got AHIG, so it was a good trade off). From here on out, I figure we'll get 4 off of any new album just do to the amount of catalog they have.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

luke62
White Knuckled

Post by luke62 »

Stick to the best known songs from the older albums, then a majority of your new stuff.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I'm gonna get a migraine if I start thinking about the setlists next tour, so I'll refrain from that for now.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I reckon the rule should be if it's been played more than 200 times and wasn't a major single (or song you're known for like Metalingus and Blackbird), you can stop playing it every week. That would result in Come to Life, Find the Real, Ties that Bind, White Knuckles, Brand New Start, Before Tomorrow Comes, (Ghost of Days Gone By, can't remember whether it was a big single or not) being more sporadic. Which seems fair enough, given Lover has been played 5 times in total.

Wish I had a gavel right now.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: literally literally!

Post by Timotheus »

Yea, they seem to be thinking the opposite way: "because we've played it so many times, we now have to keep playing it because the fans will be disappointed if we don't"

Which is nonsense of course. AB fans will swallow literally everything.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Timotheus wrote:I'm gonna get a migraine if I start thinking about the setlists next tour, so I'll refrain from that for now.
*opens set with new song from ABV*

"This song rocks!!"

*Outro fades...Come to Life riff*

*bangs head against seat*
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Andy92 wrote:
Timotheus wrote:I'm gonna get a migraine if I start thinking about the setlists next tour, so I'll refrain from that for now.
*opens set with new song from ABV*

"This song rocks!!"

*Outro fades...Come to Life riff*

*bangs head against seat*
Haha, it's funny because it's such a realistic scenario :lol

...followed by Before Tomorrow Comes and White Knuckles.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

...followed by Brand New Start
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

"Are you ready to make a Brand New Start?"

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

"Yes, play something new!"
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

They played FFTS (one of my fav's) a lot on the Fortress tour. I saw them twice in '14, and never got to see it. Although Brian was noodling around with the bass part of the intro during the sound check that I got to watch.
Altered:

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Timotheus wrote:"Yes, play something new!"
"How many of you guys have our AB III record?"
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

luke62
White Knuckled

Post by luke62 »

AHart96 wrote:
Timotheus wrote:"Yes, play something new!"
"How many of you guys have our AB III record?"
Haha I was listening to Live from Wembley while I was working the other day. Had a nice chuckle when Myles asked about people having ABIII

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

They seriously need to drop White Knuckles, Before Tomorrow Comes, and Brand New Start every now and then in favor of something else.

Also, not to derail the thread but I honestly think Break Me Down is better than One by One and Coming Home. And yes, Still Remains and Make It Right are better than all of those ones.

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

Someone asked Michael Tremonti on Twitter if there was any hope for the Live in Milan DVD and Michael said quote "No hope." Sucks they put all that work into recording it and not releasing anything.
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

He also said the Tremonti music video was scrapped when Tim said on here a few days ago it wasn't. I doubt this DVD has much of chance, but I'm oddly unsure of how much Michael really knows about this stuff sometimes. :lol

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I heard from someone who asked Mark about that video and he said the same thing about it being scrapped...I didn't want to post that in the other thread though.

Maybe Fret12 is planning on using it for another song so it's scrapped for Sympathy, but not scrapped altogether.
Photobucket cash grab.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ryan wrote:Maybe Fret12 is planning on using it for another song so it's scrapped for Sympathy, but not scrapped altogether.
I could see that as a possibility now that Dust is getting ready to come out.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Ok, so it looks we will unfortunately just will have to forget about the Fortress tour live footage from Milan. Just dreaming out loud here that the band will record the tour for ABV in a very special way. I was thinking about one of my alltime favourites as an example : Shinedowns Stratosphere-box ! Wouldn't that be the ultimate surprise for the fans !?

AB BATMAN
Bought The CDs

Post by AB BATMAN »

Despite the sound issues, there was no way this would come out after the (ongoing!) box set debacle. The only reason the band continued to talk to DC3 about it was because they had been threatened with a breach of contract lawsuit if they forced it to be shelved (at least that's what I was told by a DC3 employee).

Truth of the matter is, though, this thing would have looked like shit. Shot with a bunch of different camera models with varying sensors because there was no real budget (it was being borrowed from the ABX doc budget and box set sales), and "directed" with the "director" only being able to see maybe 3 of the 10-12 cameras that were filming. Complete money grab, just like the box set.

Let someone who actually has passion about the band and passion about what they do film them instead of someone who'll just phone it in. Then you'll get a great product.