Noticing The Little Things (On All Albums)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
youknowverywell
White Knuckled

Re: Noticing The Little Things (On All Albums)

Post by youknowverywell »

It's definitely a guitar sound. I always thought it was just a high staccato note with some delay, set for a short delay time but a long decay.

OprahWinfrey
'O'

Post by OprahWinfrey »

I'm pretty sure it's just musical feedback
Who knew Oprah likes Alter Bridge?

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

They've added a guitar squeal in at the end of every vocal line.. It has a what sounds like 2 half bends on it.
Pretty sure one of them is playing straight chords (probably Myles) and Mark is doing some picking with bends in each chorus.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Kreuger33 wrote:
They've added a guitar squeal in at the end of every vocal line.. It has a what sounds like 2 half bends on it.
Pretty sure one of them is playing straight chords (probably Myles) and Mark is doing some picking with bends in each chorus.
You're not hearing what I'm talking about

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I was just sitting in the car, (waiting for my wife to check out in the store) and was listening to BTC. I had never heard the faint guitar lead part that is underneath the chorus until today. I guess I'm too busy singing Mark's wah-na-na-na part to ever hear it.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

I was just sitting in the car, (waiting for my wife to check out in the store) and was listening to BTC. I had never heard the faint guitar lead part that is underneath the chorus until today. I guess I'm too busy singing Mark's wah-na-na-na part to ever hear it.
Are you talking about the high part in the last chorus? Or the octave type riff?

Outright
White Knuckled

Post by Outright »

The pre-chorus to Watch Your Words sounds so identical to 1:39 in Not For Me (Slash&MK). Basically the entire song reminds me of that pre-chorus.

Also, I hear a lot of backing vocals on Make It Right, and I'm pretty sure it's Myles the entire time too except in the "fall" part in the chorus is Mark. Can anyone confirm that? :rolleyes
You should never come this way
To test the hands of fate
You don't belong here

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Does anyone know when the 808 blasts are? I think i can spot a few but i thik theresmore.
Thanks Timo!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

austinjhnsn wrote:Does anyone know when the 808 blasts are? I think i can spot a few but i thik theresmore.
808 blasts?

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Its sounds like a really deep bass boom. Its on FTTS from what I think Im hearing.
Thanks Timo!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

austinjhnsn wrote:Its sounds like a really deep bass boom. Its on FTTS from what I think Im hearing.
Yeah I just checked it out on the instrumental version, there's 808 blasts everywhere on the song.

rireland
Bought The CDs

Post by rireland »

Jim wrote:I know we have the Shout Out thread, but that's more about people saying moments they love from the album.

I'm talking about the tiny little things within the songs that others may not have noticed yet..

For example..

Addicted To Pain - (solo) 2:52
There is a very fast little guitar lead run down in the backing rhythm. It interlinks the change in riff behind Mark's part.

Calm The Fire - (chorus) 2:28
Yeah I noticed the thing in Addicted to Pain, it was never mentioned on the DVD so I'll have to try figure it out :p

They covered the Calm the Fire bit on the DVD, it's what Myles plays up high :)

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I never noticed this until now, and I don't think this counts for this thread, but is it true Alter Bridge was inspired by Bourree in E minor when doing the chorus rhythm of Wayward One? someone pointed it out on Youtube that they sound similar and on wikipedias page for Bourree in E minor it says it "uses this riff as the chorus of Wayward One" under popular culture. Was it intentional?

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:I never noticed this until now, and I don't think this counts for this thread, but is it true Alter Bridge was inspired by Bourree in E minor when doing the chorus rhythm of Wayward One? someone pointed it out on Youtube that they sound similar and on wikipedias page for Bourree in E minor it says it "uses this riff as the chorus of Wayward One" under popular culture. Was it intentional?
Yes, Mark talks about it in his Sound & Story DVD
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AHart96 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:I never noticed this until now, and I don't think this counts for this thread, but is it true Alter Bridge was inspired by Bourree in E minor when doing the chorus rhythm of Wayward One? someone pointed it out on Youtube that they sound similar and on wikipedias page for Bourree in E minor it says it "uses this riff as the chorus of Wayward One" under popular culture. Was it intentional?
Yes, Mark talks about it in his Sound & Story DVD
I did not know that....The more you know.

PompeY2J
Bought The CDs

Post by PompeY2J »

In FTTS, what is Mark's backing vocals? Example at 3:31 and 3:45. At first I thought it was a notification for the Simpsons: Tapped Out because it sounds like Homer Simpson saying "better them than me". I can still hear it though.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Anybody ever notice at the end of break me down on the very last note (about 3:43), it sound like a dog barking? Just like a single "woof". It's very faint and Maybe it's just in my head but I have always heard it.

rireland
Bought The CDs

Post by rireland »

Anyone else notice the acoustic guitar in Blackbird? It practically plays the whole way through, very faint though

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

On the third chorus of "Brand New Start" (right after the solo), it sounds like Myles is hitting a really high note in the background...

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Thanks guys. I'm listening for all of these things now, lol.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23