ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

Post by The Plotblocker »

I cannot believe this shit is still going on. I joined the Facebook group back when they were first announced as, back then, I really wanted to get one. Fortunately for me now, I couldn't get the money sorted at the time. So glad that happened as I just know with my luck I would be one of the poor people who forked nearly £200 and still haven;t got the full, undamaged product. It is a fucking shambles, and their attitude of "Let's just block and ignore anyone who voices anger at it" is completely unacceptable. I hope the band never work with these amateurs again.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

cajmoyper
Bought The CDs

Post by cajmoyper »

What is going on?!?!

Seriously, why is the thread being resurrected? I'm genuinely curious.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

cajmoyper wrote:What is going on?!?!

Seriously, why is the thread being resurrected? I'm genuinely curious.
roughly 2 years ago, the company in question announced a Tenth Anniversary box set, know as the Alter Bridge X Box. It was priced at about £180 (I can;t remember the exact price) plus P+P. Lots of people ordered and paid up, only to wait months before receiving the product (I think it was actually 2015 by the time they got them, making it AB's 11th, not 10th anniversary). But the add insult to injury, many of them boxes were damaged, as with the contents, and people are STILL awaiting replacements now, and those are the ones who actually received theirs in the first place! A few are actually still awaiting their original order to arrive.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

cajmoyper
Bought The CDs

Post by cajmoyper »

Wow. Was it the same company that handled The Last Hero stuff too? I remember a lot of us having issues getting our stuff and getting into contact with the company sending it out...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Different company for The Last Hero merch.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

luke62
White Knuckled

Post by luke62 »

My favorite thing is to pay for Priority Shipping to get by the release date but it not arriving until days or weeks later

DaPlayer
Brand New Start

Post by DaPlayer »

Hi,

I didnt read the topic.

Is that a good thing to buy the box set now ?

Thanks.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

No.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

DaPlayer wrote:Hi,

I didnt read the topic.

Is that a good thing to buy the box set now ?

Thanks.
Many people had several issues with the boxset regarding shipping time or quality or even both. I wouldn't bother buying that set. AB themselves ended their cooperation with DC3, the producer of that set, because of this mess.

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

You know what concerns me? The "A" in the AB logo is the wrong one...

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

SchwiizVT12 wrote:You know what concerns me? The "A" in the AB logo is the wrong one...
How so? Only problem I can see is the filled in a small gap. But that ain't much.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

It's the raw version of the font rather than the edited one the band's always used, so it just shows laziness.
For all of the hope that it brings...

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Ubik wrote:It's the raw version of the font rather than the edited one the band's always used, so it just shows laziness.
To me it look like exactly what is meant to look like. Like someone poured metal over the actual logo lol. I guess it is a bit lazy, depending on if it was intentional or not.

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

The Plotblocker wrote:
SchwiizVT12 wrote:You know what concerns me? The "A" in the AB logo is the wrong one...
How so? Only problem I can see is the filled in a small gap. But that ain't much.

The difference is subtle, but it still irks me a little haha.
Last edited by SchwiizVT12 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

Double post, sorry.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Yeah, I can see why it would bug you as it is now bugging me, and I don;t even have the set. Seeing the ABIII cover all big like that though got me to think, they so should have released a special edition of that with the case actually made of leather (or leather like material). They could of donw it is the .5 edition. Would have been a nice little item.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

The Plotblocker wrote:Yeah, I can see why it would bug you as it is now bugging me, and I don;t even have the set. Seeing the ABIII cover all big like that though got me to think, they so should have released a special edition of that with the case actually made of leather (or leather like material). They could of donw it is the .5 edition. Would have been a nice little item.
I think there was such a thing as a limited edition.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Mr. Slash wrote:
The Plotblocker wrote:Yeah, I can see why it would bug you as it is now bugging me, and I don;t even have the set. Seeing the ABIII cover all big like that though got me to think, they so should have released a special edition of that with the case actually made of leather (or leather like material). They could of donw it is the .5 edition. Would have been a nice little item.
I think there was such a thing as a limited edition.
I thought there was too. But I cannot find it anywhere so figured it was just wishful thinking from me. :(

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Yeah? That's just ABIII.5, which I have. The sleeve is cardboard, not leather.