ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

Post by Andy92 »

I'm confused as to why he can't list everything in it. $250 is a good hunk of cash for a surprise bag lol.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

It's an interesting tactic for sure. I guess the idea is that somebody could feel like, not knowing everything that's in there, they might miss out on something if they don't get it, so they'll order it so that they can find out for themselves what wasn't announced, and that way they'll have it. Personally, I wouldn't go that route, if that's what they're going for of course, but the element of surprise is cool too. I would reveal everything that's in it though so that people will buy it based on its contents.

Lenishere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lenishere »

I'm not entirely sure I'm sold yet unfortunately...most of it I've seen/heard before and/or own already. I'll wait to hear more about it and see if they announce anything else. The b-sides would be amazing, but I just get the feeling there won't be much in that aspect. Even still, it's hard to justify spending 250 dollars for 1-2 songs...I pray and hope they prove me wrong, I'd love to buy it.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Alter Bridge is among 4 bands in the woprld whom I will always support with my own money.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

Lenishere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lenishere »

GazEd wrote:Alter Bridge is among 4 bands in the woprld whom I will always support with my own money.
I completely agree man, but money is tight for me, and so far everything announced is mostly things we've already seen or we already own. I'm hoping there will be more substantial content announced soon. Believe me, I'm a diehard, it's just money is tight.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Lenishere wrote:
GazEd wrote:Alter Bridge is among 4 bands in the woprld whom I will always support with my own money.
I completely agree man, but money is tight for me, and so far everything announced is mostly things we've already seen or we already own. I'm hoping there will be more substantial content announced soon. Believe me, I'm a diehard, it's just money is tight.
No probs man.

NEarly the same story here. I know 250 Euro I spent is quite a bulk.

Anyway, in another thread I said I could do without a new winter coat for another year.

Yesterday when the preorder suddenly went up and I understood I had to pay it all at the same time, I thought: I could live for this money for a couple of weeks, I could fill my car 10 times. I could buy a new wardrobe or two.

BUT

I still have food. I can walk and not drive for a couple of weeks. I have an old coat and an old wardrobe.

And it is fucking ALter Bridge.

If I did not have money gathered, I would not have bothered to borrow.

But after all it really is a once-in-a-lifetime thing.

And I do feel sorry for those who could not afford it. A year ago I would not have been able to afford it either.

And I wish I could help those who want this box.
I saw lation

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

Ryan wrote:*from dan on facebook responding to a question if that was the definitive list of stuff in the box set*
there are a lot of things in the box set that are not listed on the commercial and in the description of the discs. Brixton will be in there!
Brixton will be in there after all?! Excellent! That was a tremendous gig :headbang

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

Lenishere wrote:I'm not entirely sure I'm sold yet unfortunately...most of it I've seen/heard before and/or own already. I'll wait to hear more about it and see if they announce anything else. The b-sides would be amazing, but I just get the feeling there won't be much in that aspect. Even still, it's hard to justify spending 250 dollars for 1-2 songs...I pray and hope they prove me wrong, I'd love to buy it.
I think the coffee table book alone would justify about $100-150 of the boxset... add all the discs, blu-ray, vinyl, 3D to it..
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

The packaging alone will be worth a chunk of change!

Definitely worth the money, it's just a pain they ask for the whole amount straight away..

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

Jim wrote:it's just a pain they ask for the whole amount straight away..
I guess they don't want to take chances on people bailing out closer to the release date?
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today

Decay

Post by Decay »

And the big surprise(s) will be like a posted note 'Sorry, we've been trolling you.'

BastiMix
Loyal Follower

Post by BastiMix »

Is there any info on how many are left at this point?
Please give them a like :)

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

axlar wrote:
Jim wrote:it's just a pain they ask for the whole amount straight away..
I guess they don't want to take chances on people bailing out closer to the release date?
I asked him about whether the charge was being made immediately or when shipped and he said immediately because of the engraving on the preorders.

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

I'm really happy about them taking money immediately. I preordered the Fortress bundle and they didn't charge the card until after Oct 8th. It was a pain in my ass cause it was a debit card, and I wasn't sure that the money would be there for that long.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

JSlade wrote:I'm really happy about them taking money immediately. I preordered the Fortress bundle and they didn't charge the card until after Oct 8th. It was a pain in my ass cause it was a debit card, and I wasn't sure that the money would be there for that long.
Same story. They charged Fortress at night and I woke up shocked to the sms ringtone,which is the South Park melody.
I saw lation

CodyLikesDT
Brand New Start

Post by CodyLikesDT »

It's too bad about the lack of unreleased songs. The b-sides from ODR would be incredible! I mean, that's like four or five new songs right there!
RIP Edward Bozoian, my best friend. 1989 - 2009
------------------
Listen to my band's concept album: https://bloodhoundbandcamp.bandcamp.com
Listen to my solo concept album: https://thecircleofwonders.bandcamp.com

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

CodyLikesDT wrote:It's too bad about the lack of unreleased songs. The b-sides from ODR would be incredible! I mean, that's like four or five new songs right there!
They might still be in there. Dan's said it's a surprise. We know they're working with the labels to get them too.
Photobucket cash grab.

Helldevil
Bought The CDs

Post by Helldevil »

I talked to Dan yesterday in Wiesbaden and they really try to add them but the negotiation with Wind-Up is a pain in the ass he told me. The problem is that they even say they are not allowed to re-record them the only possibility at the moment is to record them live. So was it with the live DVDs it took them so long and finally they were allowed to record the songs live and release them

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Why the hell can't they re record them? Fuck Windup.
Thanks Timo!

Helldevil
Bought The CDs

Post by Helldevil »

Dan just that they have the rights on all the songs written, so of course a re-recording is not possible. Hopefully they will convince wind-up in some way ;)