ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

Post by riemslag1 »

It was deleted though after the sale, a merchants biggest mistake possible. This should not have resulted in a disc exchange, but in simply adding extra discs and so not disregarding those buyers that had the 3d disc as a main reason for buying this.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

Andy92 wrote:
TremontiFan4Life wrote:stretched content, reused content and live at Wembley and Amsterdam taking up 40% of the box.
In Dan's defense this was pretty much known back in November, at least the part about Wembley and Amsterdam being such a large part of the content. I can agree with people being upset about a 9 month delay or typos in the book, but now isn't really the time to complain about the content of the set itself. The contents of the box have been known since the beginning. Only difference is he swapped Wembley in 3D out for a Fortress doc per request of the majority of fans.
I can agree with what you're saying and as a matter fact I do. I knew going into it that live at Wembley and live in Amsterdam took up a large portion of the box, so that one is on me. What I am extremely disappointed in however is that if you take the inside the fortress documentary, that is a good documentary in and of itself however there is a European tour bonus disk and 75% of the content that is on that disk can be seen in the documentary. Also if you watch the fortress webisode disc that disk is, 49 minutes in length, of that 49 minutes 15 to 20 minutes are comprised of content that can be seen in the fortress documentary as well as the European tour bonus disk. That's what pisses me off the most I didn't pay $250 to see the same content spread across multiple disks.

The condition issues with the box are one thing but when you start doing that with content that's not right. After all, the one thing I've never really understood is this: you have to be a hard-core fan in order to want to spend $250 to buy this box set, I can completely understand including all of the band's other work but shouldn't the focus be on some unreleased content? There isn't that much actual never before seen content in this box, just a lot of stuff that has never been "officially released". When you break it down there's only about two discs worth of truly never before seen content and those two discs have a lot of the same content on them.
Last edited by TremontiFan4Life on Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Nicklord wrote:I'm little late but I want to write this

I don't understand how is downloading something from internet stealing from the band. Cause, I don't have money to buy this and I will never buy it so if someone post it on internet I'll download it and see it and if don't, I won't. My point is, band will not see my money :D Maybe it's not moral thing to do cause someone paid for this but it's not hurting the band.
There's still like 800 of these things left to sell. You may not buy it either way, but if the documentary is uploaded, it may deter as many as 800 potential buyers from paying for it.

Let's say you walked into a store that sells video games. You don't have the money for an Xbox, and you would never plan on buying one anyways, so you steal one. You see the problem here? :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

Andy92 wrote:
Nicklord wrote:I'm little late but I want to write this

I don't understand how is downloading something from internet stealing from the band. Cause, I don't have money to buy this and I will never buy it so if someone post it on internet I'll download it and see it and if don't, I won't. My point is, band will not see my money :D Maybe it's not moral thing to do cause someone paid for this but it's not hurting the band.
There's still like 800 of these things left to sell. You may not buy it either way, but if the documentary is uploaded, it may deter as many as 800 potential buyers from paying for it.

Let's say you walked into a store that sells video games. You don't have the money for an Xbox, and you would never plan on buying one anyways, so you steal one. You see the problem here? :lol
I won't buy it, believe me. My monthly salary is 550€ (and the saddest thing is, it's not low at all for Serbian standards :facepalm )

It's not the same. Xbox is a real thing. I mean the shop needs to buy it and stealing xbox will hurt that shop cause they won't have it after that but if someone upload the content of the cd, the cd is still there and it won't make any difference to the band at all.

ps
I hate English :lol

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

That philosophy is part of the reason why Creed sold like 11 million records for Human Clay alone, and Fortress sold like 30,000. Yeah, a physical item isn't being taken, but the content is, and that affects sales.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Would anybody be interested in buying mine? I won't even ask what I paid for it, throw me an offer if anybody's interested, the only thing somebody might not like is that it has my name on it.

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

I didn't want to say that. I just wanted to say that it doesn't hurt them if I download something that I didn't want to buy. If nobody uploads the box set I won't be mad. If someone uploads it I'll download it and watch it. Band isn't affected by that at all

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I dare Dan to come on here and address where he learned to conduct business and if he thinks its moral. Please Dan. If you're reading this give me one hint of morality with the bullshit you seem to be prescribed to

Nick
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Nick »

Andy92 wrote:That philosophy is part of the reason why Creed sold like 11 million records for Human Clay alone, and Fortress sold like 30,000. Yeah, a physical item isn't being taken, but the content is, and that affects sales.
Granted this is speculation, but I think that's only a small part. The bigger parts, I think, are from the recession, the dying radio industry, the floundering CD industry, and the general slump rock music is in. I think most people who download would purchase if they could. Often enough, they just want to try music out they wouldn't have if they had had to buy it or they couldn't afford it to begin with. Everyone and everything (well, besides the richest of the rich) is poorer these days so I don't think you can blame these same people for ruining the industry they're reacting to. It's hard not to download when new CDs are still $15 if you even have a local record store and if it even has what you're looking for.
gbruin wrote:Everything Nick says is true. Even when he disagrees with me. Then it's extra true.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Nick wrote:
Andy92 wrote:That philosophy is part of the reason why Creed sold like 11 million records for Human Clay alone, and Fortress sold like 30,000. Yeah, a physical item isn't being taken, but the content is, and that affects sales.
Granted this is speculation, but I think that's only a small part. The bigger parts, I think, are from the recession, the dying radio industry, the floundering CD industry, and the general slump rock music is in. I think most people who download would purchase if they could. Often enough, they just want to try music out they wouldn't have if they had had to buy it or they couldn't afford it to begin with. Everyone and everything (well, besides the richest of the rich) is poorer these days so I don't think you can blame these same people for ruining the industry they're reacting to. It's hard not to download when new CDs are still $15 if you even have a local record store and if it even has what you're looking for.
I will agree there's more to it than downloading, but I think there's good options out there like Spotify and Pandora that can be used to find new artists. But those options pretty much only give money to labels and not directly to the musicians, so the whole industry is in a bit of a mess right now.

Nick
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Nick »

Andy92 wrote:
Nick wrote:
I will agree there's more to it than downloading, but I think there's good options out there like Spotify and Pandora that can be used to find new artists. But those options pretty much only give money to labels and not directly to the musicians, so the whole industry is in a bit of a mess right now.
Definitely agreed on that last point. It's been a decent while but I still don't think everyone, especially businesses, really understand how revolutionary the internet is. Pirating music really forces us not only to consider a new technology but to reconsider our principles on stealing in this new context. I just hate to see the industry screwing itself up and blaming downloaders when I think they're just reacting to that broken industry.

And yeah, from what I've heard, spotify gives cents to the artist at the most so that's not the best solution either. My favorite, though it's sort of indie right now, is bandcamp. Artists get to control how much you pay for it, what you can stream, etc. Many offer "pay what you want" rates too. I don't think straight up piracy is a norm that should be kept forever but I also don't want to restrain the internet's ability to make music more available and accessible.
gbruin wrote:Everything Nick says is true. Even when he disagrees with me. Then it's extra true.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I think kick starters are the way to go. Sevendust did that to fund their new acoustic album. It's basically a way to get the money before you record so you know you'll at least be able to afford the cost of making the album. Might be similar to what artists do through bandcamp too.

It used to be if you weren't signed to a major label, you wouldn't get recognized. I think with the way the internet is now, most musicians would be better off staying independent and managing their own stuff.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

TremontiFan4Life wrote:Hey AB23 sorry I forgot your name I know you got your refund way back when and I got a be honest I wish I'd have done the same thing unfortunately I held on because of my love for the band (Not saying you love the band any less, in fact you were one of the smart ones) and the hope that the product would be worth it. My question though is in your opinion do you think anything is going to happen in terms of legally against him? I certainly think that whether or not he "makes it right" that something is warranted
I think people will try, but apparently he's in court a lot. Which was my main basis for canceling my order. He sues people alot for defamation and he gets sued a lot for shite products/representation. So whether or not a positive result comes from it idk

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

AB23 wrote:
TremontiFan4Life wrote:Hey AB23 sorry I forgot your name I know you got your refund way back when and I got a be honest I wish I'd have done the same thing unfortunately I held on because of my love for the band (Not saying you love the band any less, in fact you were one of the smart ones) and the hope that the product would be worth it. My question though is in your opinion do you think anything is going to happen in terms of legally against him? I certainly think that whether or not he "makes it right" that something is warranted
I think people will try, but apparently he's in court a lot. Which was my main basis for canceling my order. He sues people alot for defamation and he gets sued a lot for shite products/representation. So whether or not a positive result comes from it idk
I guess I'll just chalk it up and say I got got but if a group of people get together and start something, I'll join in

CreedFeed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CreedFeed »

City Drive filed for bankruptcy last year according to a Google search. I don't have access to the court documents page to see the outcome of it though.
-Steve
CreedFeed - Feeding Your Need For Creed!
QuakeOne - Quake 1 Resurrection!

ABFan34
Bought The CDs

Post by ABFan34 »

Nicklord wrote:
It's not the same. Xbox is a real thing. I mean the shop needs to buy it and stealing xbox will hurt that shop cause they won't have it after that but if someone upload the content of the cd, the cd is still there and it won't make any difference to the band at all.

ps
I hate English :lol
There's the problem with everyone who justifies stealing music and video content. THEY ARE REAL THINGS and they have monetary value. If you download a video illegally, you're not going to buy it after. That's one less potential customer. Same idea for a "physical" item like an Xbox.

Stealing someone's work is NOT okay under any circumstances. If you can't afford it, too bad.

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

After hearing everyone's experiences, I'm glad I didn't buy it. Wouldn't be worth the risk. DC3 has been unreliable since day one for AB. Like how he keeps changing release dates, that annoys me a lot. He needed to have everything cleared and ready THEN announce a release date and stick with it. That would be like AB announcing the release date for ABV before they even go into the studio to record it. I hope AB learns from this and just gets someone else to do releases like this for them, the guys don't deserve this mess. That's just my 2 cents for what it's worth. Hope everyone that got damaged box sets gets their money back or replaced items.
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

MKuzmenko I sent you a PM

BastiMix
Loyal Follower

Post by BastiMix »

I'm with you on this Mike. I wouldn't have said anything if the problem only was with people speaking out of line but apparently anybody complaining in any way was considered some kind of "enemy" from one point forward. And I don't know if the company doesn't want to see/admit that there were mistakes on their part that could easily have been avoided of if they really believe that they did nothing wrong. This has become a really blurred line for me. To me, the only one who made some kind of sense and really tried to mend what's broken was Clark Langon, kudos to him.
All I can say is that I'm not getting a refund simply because after almost a year of waiting (incl. pre-order time) I want to have something in my hands. Should the box have a few flaws here and there (which I hope won't happen as I'm an AFM customer and therefore one of those who are supposed to get a better shipping box), should the ABIII page be missing, should any of the non-exclusive DVDs not work, I won't try to get it fixed because I'm sure that'll just be more trouble I don't need.
Tim Tournier has said in the Army of 12 group that after consulting Mark he's going to delete the box set releated content from the page which is fine with me, I don't need the whole problem to continue in a group in which we saw such an amazing brotherhood ever since it existed. I'm only writing this because it shows me that Mark (and maybe therefore the entire band) knows what's going on. I can only hope that this will lead to them severing the ties with DC3 once and for all. If not, I'm gonna be in a real conflict because I want to support my favorite band but I'm gonna throw up if any more of my money is ever going to get to that production company.
Please give them a like :)

WkdSelina
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WkdSelina »

Ryan wrote:It was like that on the DVD it came from, so nothing new.
Unfortunately it's not :/ ... Well, it's spelled correctly in all my copies. Nay mind :)