ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
axlar
Site Admin

Re: ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

Post by axlar »

It rocked. Very nice thing to do by DC3 and his team!
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: are those lip marks on Brian?

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote:Sweet!! AB posters signed by the band and tinged with Ryan's blood! You can't get that just anywhere.
Remind me to keep my poster away from a black light.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

It was a quick skype, tons were trying to "call" in. Plus, we were trying to get the posters done. I recognized a fair amount of names and people that got through. It was pretty cool!
Photobucket cash grab.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

So what did you guys say to them? anything of interest?

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

I've been to Ikea a couple of days ago. Wanted to look for a proper frame for the upcoming poster. Did not find it. Found another frame for another wonderful thing. Now I have to find a proper place to hang it dammit.

I saw lation
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

Decay

Post by Decay »

GazEd wrote:I've been to Ikea a couple of days ago. Wanted to look for a proper frame for the upcoming poster. Did not find it. Found another frame for another wonderful thing. Now I have to find a proper place to hang it dammit.

That looks cool, man!

Hang it on the ceiling above your bed, so that you look at Myles all the time when you lie down. Just make sure the frame doesn't fall off. :lol

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

AllC392Was wrote:So what did you guys say to them? anything of interest?
talked about the Olympics with Brian.. lol
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I chatted about cars a bit with Brian. It was chaos for us with the posters trying to hurry up and get them all done. Didn't get to chat much at all. It was more coordinating with each other :lol that's okay though, it was still cool.
Photobucket cash grab.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

GazEd wrote:I've been to Ikea a couple of days ago. Wanted to look for a proper frame for the upcoming poster. Did not find it. Found another frame for another wonderful thing. Now I have to find a proper place to hang it dammit.

This is the frame you want, I'm going to order one it's perfect. It won't cut off any of the poster either
http://www.amazon.com/24x36-Black-Pictu ... rame+24x36

Fallout
Brand New Start

Post by Fallout »

Ok, so over the weekend I emailed AFM records, who is selling the box set in Europe. As I will be away for a few weeks I was starting to get worried in case the box arrives while I am away. This is the response I got:

-----

"Hi

We are very sorry to announce further delay in the production and shipment of the Alter Bridge “X” Box Set. We are very aware that most of you are eagerly waiting for your copy of the Alter Bridge Box Set.
Unfortunately, we’ve experienced further difficulties regarding the quality of the box.
Since the band wants to offer something really special to you, we had to step in and change the production facility of the book, since it did not meet our high expectations.

All parts of the set are already completed, except the book, which will include pictures and memories from the band over the past years.

Now the production has been moved completely to Europe. We will soon post a picture or movie of a first prototype of the whole set online. We can already tell you, it will look truly amazing! Our sincere apologies for this delay, but we are sure that once you receive your box set you will agree that it was worth the wait!

The adjusted date for the release and shipment has been moved to end of March/beginning of April.”

Best regards
AFM"

-----

Does anyone know anything about this? I mean, is it possible to confirm this with Dan or someone at dc3?
They may be talking out of their arses, I know, but still, be good to know...

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

Dan already mentioned this is wrong after someone posted it on fb. He said that he talked to someone there about, so that's screwed up if they're still sending that out. When did you get that? Just today?

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

TremontiFan4Life wrote:

This is the frame you want, I'm going to order one it's perfect. It won't cut off any of the poster either
http://www.amazon.com/24x36-Black-Pictu ... rame+24x36
I got the one I have for 4 bucks in Ikea. It took me 10 minutes to get there by car, 20 minutes to chose, find the way out of the fucking shop and 10 minutes to hop home.

40 minutes, 4 bucks + petrol.

And it's nearly the size I need for the upcoming poster.

The parcel from Amazon will travel a MONTH if not more and costs too much.
I saw lation

Therefromthestart04
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Therefromthestart04 »

Thats cool where did you get that print ?

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Simply googled Myles Kennedy and found a huge hi-res picture. Printed it. Now I have him watching me daily.
I saw lation

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Hopefully the AFM-info about the expected delivery of the box will appear to be false and shipping will start soon ! Think we waited long enough now............................

Fallout
Brand New Start

Post by Fallout »

uctalum01 wrote:Dan already mentioned this is wrong after someone posted it on fb. He said that he talked to someone there about, so that's screwed up if they're still sending that out. When did you get that? Just today?
Yeah, just got that yesterday (Monday)
Don't use fb, so no way to know it wasn't true. Do you know if the Europe box sets will be shipped from America or Europe? I asked, but they didn't answer. I will be having fun writing them a reply now... They won't like it...

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

If I remember right dan said they'll ship from Europe.
Photobucket cash grab.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

This is a massive cluster fuck. I know people are gonna say "wow that guys a dick" but I don't care anymore. I'm not kissing Dan's ass just because he's close to people here. The communication and the professionalism with this thing is unjustifiable. I'm tired of them saying "we're sorry about the further delay, but I promise you guys it'll be worth it!" Well no shit. We dropped 250 on this thing. Its gonna be awesome. But when I drop this kind of money, I expect much better communication, and I expect to know when I'm gonna get it when I order it. If we were a retailer or something and we were dealing with Dan and whoever else, we would've dropped them a long ass time ago. I'm also tired of hearing "well I'll give you a full refund if you don't want it anymore." No. This is something in very limited quantity and I'm gonna wait for it, but as you're allowed to be unprofessional with your messages to us, I'm allowed to express my feelings over the same matter. Its ridiculous. These people just come across as "finger pointers." They never say "my sincerest apologies. I forgot to do this and that" or "its my fault because I projected this process being much faster." Its always something like "well we got a new production facility" or something.

Sorry guys. I'm just tired of it. And there is honestly no response from anyone involved that can make me feel differently at this point. I'm being hard headed, but this is a lot of money for a product, and if I was someone who was relying on these guys to have this to me at a certain date, and they didn't, and they didn't tell me, then it happened again,and they didn't tell me, then ID BE THE ONE IN TROUBLE, NOT THEM.

Edit: there are numerous typos in the rant, I don't care to fix them.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

^

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

AB23 wrote:This is a massive cluster fuck. I know people are gonna say "wow that guys a dick" but I don't care anymore. I'm not kissing Dan's ass just because he's close to people here. The communication and the professionalism with this thing is unjustifiable. I'm tired of them saying "we're sorry about the further delay, but I promise you guys it'll be worth it!" Well no shit. We dropped 250 on this thing. Its gonna be awesome. But when I drop this kind of money, I expect much better communication, and I expect to know when I'm gonna get it when I order it. If we were a retailer or something and we were dealing with Dan and whoever else, we would've dropped them a long ass time ago. I'm also tired of hearing "well I'll give you a full refund if you don't want it anymore." No. This is something in very limited quantity and I'm gonna wait for it, but as you're allowed to be unprofessional with your messages to us, I'm allowed to express my feelings over the same matter. Its ridiculous. These people just come across as "finger pointers." They never say "my sincerest apologies. I forgot to do this and that" or "its my fault because I projected this process being much faster." Its always something like "well we got a new production facility" or something.

Sorry guys. I'm just tired of it. And there is honestly no response from anyone involved that can make me feel differently at this point. I'm being hard headed, but this is a lot of money for a product, and if I was someone who was relying on these guys to have this to me at a certain date, and they didn't, and they didn't tell me, then it happened again,and they didn't tell me, then ID BE THE ONE IN TROUBLE, NOT THEM.

Edit: there are numerous typos in the rant, I don't care to fix them.
I agree with you 100% I'm very upset over this I have just been very quiet about it. it's not like I had 250 laying around to blow. Just like you Monty I'm not going to cancel my order because this is a very limited edition item, I'm just pissed off that we are now coming up on the beginning of March and none of us have anything in hand to show for the money that we spent. I guess I should have expected it because anything related to this band has always had some sort of the delay associated with it that hasn't necessarily been the band's fault. I guess I just thought that with something on such a big scale as this DC3 would have been a lot more professional. I understand about the weather but it has been weeks since that problem has passed and now it seems like there is just one excuse after another. Not only does it start to piss people off but it just gets annoying because it screams of unprofessionalism. Dan might be one of the nicest people you could ever meet in life but he doesn't seem to have very good business management skills. Either that or he's just not good at picking reliable people to work with.

Just my two cents