ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

Post by Jhenrid »

"we can not add one more disc due to the financial structure and due to what the publishing royalties would cost. Believe it or not, there is not a lot of margin in this project. I know you may feel we are making a killing financially off this, but we are not. We can not afford both the 3D and new material, as the costs associated with producing these discs exceed $100k, so we can only do one or the other."

For those wondering why they just don't do both this is what Dan posted about it.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

I do believe him on that. Only he should have made this issue before the selling started. You can not sell an object and than change the contents before delivery. If DC3 buys new cameras, they expect those cameras to be delivered what they paid for, and not any other models just beceause the seller decided to do so. Just stick to the basics of selling & buying. Any additional contents ? Don't swap it with items people already paid for. Put the pressure on Wind-Up, get those B-dtracks from ODR, combine them with the now discussed additional content and issue another little sub-box is perhaps a better idea. Whatever, but deliver what you sold & cashed !!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Well obviously this kind of stuff was going to happen when they were selling a box and not saying exactly what was in it.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Didn't someone complain on Facebook and Dan said he'd send them a free copy of Wembley in 3D? Maybe you should all try that and move on. =P

Therefromthestart04
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Therefromthestart04 »

riemslag1 wrote:I do believe him on that. Only he should have made this issue before the selling started. You can not sell an object and than change the contents before delivery. If DC3 buys new cameras, they expect those cameras to be delivered what they paid for, and not any other models just beceause the seller decided to do so. Just stick to the basics of selling & buying. Any additional contents ? Don't swap it with items people already paid for. Put the pressure on Wind-Up, get those B-dtracks from ODR, combine them with the now discussed additional content and issue another little sub-box is perhaps a better idea. Whatever, but deliver what you sold & cashed !!
:yeahthat :cheers :bow Great post.

Therefromthestart04
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Therefromthestart04 »

Inconquerable wrote:Didn't someone complain on Facebook and Dan said he'd send them a free copy of Wembley in 3D? Maybe you should all try that and move on. =P
That was ME not holding my breath on that :mope

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Therefromthestart04 wrote:
Inconquerable wrote:Didn't someone complain on Facebook and Dan said he'd send them a free copy of Wembley in 3D? Maybe you should all try that and move on. =P
That was ME not holding my breath on that :mope
Send him your address and see what happens! Then report back! =P

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

He'll hold true to it if you contact him about it. Otherwise he wouldn't offer. At the Orlando show, before Fortress was out, he handed me a signed copy of the album after the show and said he grabbed one for me. Just out of the kindness of his heart. I never asked for it.
Photobucket cash grab.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Therefromthestart04 wrote:Really great to see im not alone in thinking this is a a stupid situation. all the people saying exclude the 3d blu ray are obvlously those without 3d tv which i agree is expensive but that is some thing that had never been released before do we all really need the albums again or wembley/amsterdam on vinyl which for most will never be used as most havent the equipment to play them. This whole project has been a make it up as you go along venture from the start. I like many others bought this item because i really wanted the 3D disc if they need to exclude something [which is wrong in its self] This Wembley 3D disc has been promised for so long and we should not be asked to pay for it seperatly when we have PAID IN FULL and been told its in the box. Never heard anything anything like this,i will wait until this thing comes out before commenting but far from impressed so far what with countdown website and fuzzy details and now its not WHATS IN THE BOX its Whats not going to be in the box!!. :slam :S
I think they should drop the regular DVD of Wembley or the bluray and put the 3D version in..then add the greenfield and new footage stuff. Win-win. No need for regular, bluray, AND 3D of the same DVD.
Photobucket cash grab.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

Ryan wrote:I think they should drop the regular DVD of Wembley or the bluray and put the 3D version in..then add the greenfield and new footage stuff. Win-win. No need for regular, bluray, AND 3D of the same DVD.
:yeahthat

1000x this!!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ryan wrote:He'll hold true to it if you contact him about it. Otherwise he wouldn't offer. At the Orlando show, before Fortress was out, he handed me a signed copy of the album after the show and said he grabbed one for me. Just out of the kindness of his heart. I never asked for it.
This is pretty sweet.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

I still believe it's crucial for the credebility of a seller that they deliver what was paid for ! Who ever will make a pre-order at DC3 after this mess-up ? If a disc should make place for new & additional content it's probably the best to delete ABIII, since ABIII,5 is in still there covering the same songs. 3D-Wembley obviously is not the same content as the DVD or BR. Best should be not to change any contents though. Never doubted Dan is a nice guy, but that appears to be something different than beiing a reliable salesman I fear. Always respect the basic rules of advertising, pre-order, sale & buy !

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

riemslag1 wrote: Who ever will make a pre-order at DC3 !
Me.

I don't give a fuck.

It's my Alter Bridge.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I don't know if its been posted, but the b sides are NOT included in the box set. Probably has, but some of the posts are too long to read this late at night. I know I'm pretty upset about this and the lack of unprofessionalism on the other end of this. Whatever. It's just stupid now. Like, I've never seen a band with so much trouble with freakin communication. There is no point in even trying anymore

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Only ODR bsides are not there I think. Huh?
I saw lation

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Sorry, I meant UNHEARD b sides. As in, there isn't new music in the set. I know he never promised there would be, but he did say that everything the band has ever recorded will be included. I dont even know anymore. Its like dealing with a freaking child

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Honestly not getting the unheard b-sides are not anybody but the old labels fault. I honestly believe that at this point we'll never get to hear them unless wind-up goes under. This is probably the best time to make a deal to have them and Wind-up aren't playing ball and I can only imagine what they are asking for for them.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Fuck. Why can't Trem buy Wind-Up, release the songs and burn the fucking WindUp down!
I saw lation

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Do people just expect Wind-Up to be kind, generous, and caring towards AB and just hand over the Bsides (which I'm assuming are Wind-Up's property, otherwise they would have been released by now) just like that?

I don't know why people direct so much hate towards Wind-Up with little good reason.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

What's with the little good reason? Were they not offered enormous sums of money?!

On another hand, why don't they release the songs themselves if they are so worthy?
I saw lation