WEMBLEY!

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: WEMBLEY!

Post by Timotheus »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/k6m1kJMKjiE[/youtube]

He started singing too late in the intro. The chords were already changing when he was still singing the "crawl to the life you shouldn't know" part. Must've been a stressful moment!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

Timotheus wrote:[youtube]http://youtu.be/k6m1kJMKjiE[/youtube]

He started singing too late in the intro. The chords were already changing when he was still singing the "crawl to the life you shouldn't know" part. Must've been a stressful moment!
I laughed so hard at that :lol Fuck the fail in the intro, that performance was fucking amazing, I think is the best version of Slip To The Void that they have done

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

:lol :lol :lol

"Oh, fuck..."
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

Lots of posts filling up my facebook and twitter feeds about how good Alter Bridge were at Wembley last night. Still gutted I couldn't go. However I only plan on getting married once and I'm sure I'll have plenty more opportunities to see Alter Bridge live again in the future.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Good lord, Cry of Achilles just gets better every performance I don't if Myles stepped up his game because it was Wembley, but his vocals were PERFECT :bow I think I actually liked this performance more than the studio version
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

I've been on at a cousin of mine to go see Alter Bridge for years. Both he and his wife went last night instead of me and my other half so I thought I'd send a text and see what he thought. This is what happened...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Lol, poor Sarah.. Had to leave because the hubby didn't like it..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

I know bless her, I'm still stunned he didn't like it.

MJAllstar
Brand New Start

Post by MJAllstar »

My thoughts on last night....

So Halestorm opened up and what a way to show how to use a 30 minute set, they were brilliant as usual, my friend who had never seen them before and had never really been interested in them was gushing how awesome they were.

Then on to Shinedown, I have followed this band from the beginning and had the pleasure of seeing them open up for AB at the London Astoria in 2007 I think? Since then have seen them at Download Festival. I really like their albums but for me their performance last night boardered on being a joke. Before every song we either had to endure Brent preaching about moments and memories or we just had a backing track for a few minutes, if they took all that out of the set it would have only been 30 minutes. It was clear there was a backing track as everything sounded too clean especially the vocals.
It's such a shame for me as I did truly love this band in it's infancy. Brent skipped all the high notes in Simple Man instead opting for the crowd to sing them parts.

On to AB, now I have seen AB 10 times going right back to 2005, for me I loved the set list last night as I am a big fan of the Blackbird Album, the new tracks sounded good and whatever was making that sub bass sound was incredible, I do hope it was Brian. I am still not sold on the new songs personally and did feel there was a better reaction to the older songs when played especially Metalingus.
AB are always great live but for me it is getting slightly samey, it feels like they have been playing a similar way and set up for the past 3 times I have seems them.

Just my two pence worth :-D

philgeorge1
Brand New Start

Post by philgeorge1 »

Timotheus wrote:And that's why they should play more new songs.. Yet another disappointed die-hard fan (@ Phil)

But that's very interesting, that the slow speed bothered you so much, Phil. I'm really curious how that's gonna sound in Brussels next week. I think the videos on youtube sound great, but it always feels differently when you're there.
It just sounded wrong! I know some people have been on here for years asking for songs to be played slower, but it just didn't feel like AB when they did last night. If you listen to WK for example from one of the previous recordings, then find one from last night I personally feel that a lot of the energy was gone. But hey, maybe the fact I was further back and not being squashed by the crowd, maybe I lost it a bit there.

I think with regard to the older stuff, I love the BB album as well, but last tour we only had a few AB3 songs and they seem to have been just swapped for Fortress songs. I know there were a couple, but it just feel complacent.

Plus I would be surprised if I got to see them again in the UK before the 5th album comes out. Presuming they do a USA / rest of world tour from Feb onwards, I guess they may do some Europe festivals, but then will be back off to the other projects. Would be nice to see them tour it all year, but I can't see Slash letting that happen!

Decay

Post by Decay »

:lol

Myles should've been like Oh fuck, fuck, and then fuuuuuuuccckk [hits the high note] :lol

Great performance, btw!

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I absolutely love it when Myles solo kicks in during Cry of Achilles, such an awesome change. Fortress will be amazing if they ever play it.
For all of the hope that it brings...

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

philgeorge1 wrote: 3. I know this is a divisive issue on these boards, but they have slowed all of the 'old' songs right down, to the point that some actually sounded slower than the album versions. The first 5 or so tracks the band played seemed to be really out of time as they tried to adjust. Only Ties That Bind seemed to be played at what I would call 'live speed' and that was one of the highlights. For me, not playing them faster live meant we missed a lot of intensity from the performance.
philgeorge1 wrote:It just sounded wrong! I know some people have been on here for years asking for songs to be played slower, but it just didn't feel like AB when they did last night. If you listen to WK for example from one of the previous recordings, then find one from last night I personally feel that a lot of the energy was gone. But hey, maybe the fact I was further back and not being squashed by the crowd, maybe I lost it a bit there.
:yeahthat
glad to know someone there live felt the same way I did watching the vids. I haven't seen a vid of WK, but that's disappointing the same happened to WK, to. I've seen vids of both ODR and Metalingus and was pretty disappointed by the tempo. just too slow. those higher energy songs should be played faster, imho. it feels like it's lost intensity, like phil said. I hope they realize it and pick up the pace on at least those 3 songs.

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

Myles can barely sing the songs when they are played so fast.
PHOTOSHOPPING IS FOR SCHMUCKS

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

uctalum01 wrote:
philgeorge1 wrote: 3. I know this is a divisive issue on these boards, but they have slowed all of the 'old' songs right down, to the point that some actually sounded slower than the album versions. The first 5 or so tracks the band played seemed to be really out of time as they tried to adjust. Only Ties That Bind seemed to be played at what I would call 'live speed' and that was one of the highlights. For me, not playing them faster live meant we missed a lot of intensity from the performance.
philgeorge1 wrote:It just sounded wrong! I know some people have been on here for years asking for songs to be played slower, but it just didn't feel like AB when they did last night. If you listen to WK for example from one of the previous recordings, then find one from last night I personally feel that a lot of the energy was gone. But hey, maybe the fact I was further back and not being squashed by the crowd, maybe I lost it a bit there.
:yeahthat
glad to know someone there live felt the same way I did watching the vids. I haven't seen a vid of WK, but that's disappointing the same happened to WK, to. I've seen vids of both ODR and Metalingus and was pretty disappointed by the tempo. just too slow. those higher energy songs should be played faster, imho. it feels like it's lost intensity, like phil said. I hope they realize it and pick up the pace on at least those 3 songs.
I love that you're complaining about the one thing they're doing right this tour (imo). They sound 10 times better this way.. I haven't seen them live yet,but based on the youtube videos the songs sound a lot tighter. There's more room for Myles to breathe and he sounds a lot better...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Spot on, Timo.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Everybody is entitled to their opinion of course!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I like the slower pace as well. Whatever makes Myles a better singer. Too many "that's rights" and other shortcuts last tour.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/WoKHQx1aEE8[/youtube]

My video of Cry Of Achilles

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

and Farther Than The Sun

[youtube]http://youtu.be/hwkKLJ3MgH8[/youtube]