WEMBLEY!

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: WEMBLEY!

Post by Inconquerable »

ATP is a fantastic opener, I got chills watching that video.

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

Will wrote:[youtube]http://youtu.be/_n_JhUCJ_RI[/youtube]
Those bass hits in this song are incredible.... listen to it with a sub at :59 and 1:05... what is causing it? I don't think that is coming from Brian's bass, or is it? Great song.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Vaux wrote:
Will wrote:[youtube]http://youtu.be/_n_JhUCJ_RI[/youtube]
Those bass hits in this song are incredible.... listen to it with a sub at :59 and 1:05... what is causing it? I don't think that is coming from Brian's bass, or is it? Great song.
Sounds like it's a camera issue. There's another spot during the solo it gets bad too. Probably just overloading the mic.
Photobucket cash grab.

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

Who cares about set lists??

I'll just be happy seein my favourite band of all time in a live setting again!! I couldn't care less if they played no songs off fortress to be honest!! We trust them throughout the whole process of writing and recording all their albums so let's trust them now. If they wana change things up then let's be patient!

Suvi
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Suvi »

I haven't seen AB live before so I'm very happy they play older songs too but still four new songs is too little. Six or seven would be great. Traveling over 1100 km to Stockholm I would really like to see them play the title song and Lover.

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/DnXgbTk6ja4[/youtube]
PHOTOSHOPPING IS FOR SCHMUCKS

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/DrGkDGIPzFQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/zUgN_tAweCE[/youtube]

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

Cry Of Achilles sounded great yesterday

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Felipesh wrote:Cry Of Achilles sounded great yesterday
Best they've done it so far :)

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

But where's Flip and B-Marsh?

On a side note, someone mentioned it before and I just saw it, DAMN Brian's arms got huge.

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

Decay

Post by Decay »

Holy shit, I thought Myles was playing a Gibson in the last photo. :lol

Yeah, they fucking killed it with Cry of Achilles at Wembley, just watched some of those performances! I think if they filmed yesterday's show at Wembley, it'd have been a 100x better than the one 2 years ago. The boys are sounding tight. :D

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Lol, during the intro of Cry Of Achiles, does that sound like a crowd that doesn't know their new songs?

Incredibly good performance though! I think they played it a little bit faster than the other times though? Not sure.. Too lazy to check.

I thought Myles sounded a lot better in the post intro too!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

philgeorge1
Brand New Start

Post by philgeorge1 »

I was there last night and it really pains me to say this, but it wasn't great. I got caught in traffic so was later getting there. Missed Halestorm who I was really looking forward to seeing again and caught half of Shinedown. Was quite far back, just behind the sound desk bit and it seemed not that busy back there (I guess everyone was down the front!). For me the positives and negatives where:-

Positives:-
1. New songs from Fortress sounded great live, but like everyone else I wish they had played more of them!
2. I felt Blackbird was their best one yet, such a great feeling about it.

Negatives:-
1. Someone kept turning microphones off, so as Myles moved around the stage as he went to sing at another one it wouldn't be working! Also the drums didn't seem as loud as the guitars to us.
2. There seemed less crowd interaction.
3. I know this is a divisive issue on these boards, but they have slowed all of the 'old' songs right down, to the point that some actually sounded slower than the album versions. The first 5 or so tracks the band played seemed to be really out of time as they tried to adjust. Only Ties That Bind seemed to be played at what I would call 'live speed' and that was one of the highlights. For me, not playing them faster live meant we missed a lot of intensity from the performance.
4. Just the general fact it felt like they played safe with the setlist. I love BB, but am so bored of hearing Rise Today, BTC etc. Especially slowed down as well!

Overall it felt like a bit of a rollercoaster gig. The new tracks were great highs, as was TTB and BB, but the lack of new songs and the older ones being played so slowly meant I felt there was something massive missing last night. Even one of my favourite live songs White Knuckles felt out of place second in the set list. I've been to every London gig except for the very first ULU one and I felt, live anyway, that last night was a step backwards.

Hopefully it gets better as the tour goes on, I'll be keeping an eye out for videos!

tRuth Alone
Brand New Start

Post by tRuth Alone »

Last night was a great night and I enjoyed every second.

I do agree that the set list was heavily weighted to the older material, personally I would have liked to hear more AB3 and Fortress tracks but I guess they have their reasons for playing the tracks they did.

I was standing about half way back and thought the drums were quite high in the mix. There was a sound issue early on I think - can't remember during which track but there was some distortion. Also - what happened during Slip to the Void - did Myles forget the words? I felt like we all shared a moment with him.... I thought his vocals last night were great.

It was all over far too fast though :(

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

And that's why they should play more new songs.. Yet another disappointed die-hard fan (@ Phil)

But that's very interesting, that the slow speed bothered you so much, Phil. I'm really curious how that's gonna sound in Brussels next week. I think the videos on youtube sound great, but it always feels differently when you're there.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

Personally I think that it's a good thing that they are now playing at normal speed, by the way, Metalingus sounds better now in normal speed