Nottingham - TOMORROW!

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: Nottingham - TOMORROW!

Post by Dolo »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/zAoehh4YgVI[/youtube]

Nottingham's soundcheck.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Decay

Post by Decay »

Haha, I love this pic. Mark's like 'I've finally managed to pull this off.' :lol

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Lenishere wrote:Am I the only one who wants them to keep a few BB songs when they tour? Honestly I've never seen them live and plan to for sure when they tour the US, and there are some songs from their other albums I really want to see live, regardless if they aren't from Fortress! I just feel you have to take into consideration there are people that just got into the band and would like to hear stuff from their other albums as well, simply because they haven't had the chance to see them live yet! But I understand where you guys are coming from.
Nah man I think a lot of people would agree with you. Most of the people posting have seen them live a lot (or watch Youtube all the time lol) and want newer songs, but not all AB fans are like that. I've seen them twice, but once was a festival with like an 8 song set and the other time I think they played 11. So there's still some old songs I've never heard either that'd be cool to see live.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

youknowverywell
White Knuckled

Post by youknowverywell »

Andy92 wrote:
Lenishere wrote:Am I the only one who wants them to keep a few BB songs when they tour? Honestly I've never seen them live and plan to for sure when they tour the US, and there are some songs from their other albums I really want to see live, regardless if they aren't from Fortress! I just feel you have to take into consideration there are people that just got into the band and would like to hear stuff from their other albums as well, simply because they haven't had the chance to see them live yet! But I understand where you guys are coming from.
Nah man I think a lot of people would agree with you. Most of the people posting have seen them live a lot (or watch Youtube all the time lol) and want newer songs, but not all AB fans are like that. I've seen them twice, but once was a festival with like an 8 song set and the other time I think they played 11. So there's still some old songs I've never heard either that'd be cool to see live.
This. People around here speak like they're entitled to hearing all twelve songs off of Fortress played live. Not everyone has seen Wembley or Amsterdam or Dortmund, and not everybody has been to six concerts.

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

AB23 wrote:
Felipesh wrote:It piss me off that myles sing like that on Cry Of Achilles, the higher voice sounds so much better, even in the chorus he mixes both voices...
[youtube]http://youtu.be/sVtFkqzevkA[/youtube]

K so idk what the hell you're talking about cuz he sounds pretty damn good there besides the "this is not the end" where he cuts it off

'is still alive' and 'and let it die' parts sounds terrible

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

incredible*

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

and you said you were upset cuz he wasnt singing the higher melody... but he clearly is right here. I dont really know what you're listening to if that was your complaint cuz its been fulfilled

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

AB23 wrote:and you said you were upset cuz he wasnt singing the higher melody... but he clearly is right here. I dont really know what you're listening to if that was your complaint cuz its been fulfilled
The higher melody in the 'cry out, now you can't scape blah blah' part, In the chorus he's singing parts of both voices and it doesn't sound good to me

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

lol.
Thanks Timo!

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Is he not singing the main melody in that part? I think he is at least.

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

I can guarantee you that he's not
Last edited by Felipesh on Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

He sounds amazing. I dont know what your hearing Felipesh. To each his own i guess..
Thanks Timo!

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I feel like we're watching different videos. Addicted to Pain chorus isn't very good imo, but achilles is unbelievable

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

AB23 wrote:Is he not singing the main melody in that part? I think he is at least.
Yeah, I always thought that was the main melody too :shrug

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Apparently we are guaranteed he's not

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Felipesh wrote:'is still alive' and 'and let it die' parts sounds terrible
I think any choices Myles makes up there on stage with his voice are for the sake of.. essentially.. his own vocal longevity. I mean, he's 43 years old and not only does he have one full time singing gig, he has two. He obviously knows his own voice/instrument and he knows that he wants to keep doing this for a long time yet, so he has to put limitations on himself in order to make sure that his instrument is in good shape ten years from now.

I really do feel for singers.. because if you're a painter/artist or a writer, or something like that... all you have to worry about is whether or not your creativity is going to show up on any given day. Sure your hands might get a little sore but they aren't going to fall off (at least I hope not, haha) - The same goes for the rest of the guys in AB. I think it's fair to say that Brian, Flip and Mark don't walk a tight-rope in the same way that Myles does. Flip for example could probably beat the hell out of those drums until he's old and grey :lol

My point is, concerning Myles - take it easy on the guy, you know? Constructive criticism is fine but maybe try focusing on what sounds good instead of what sounds "terrible"... or focus on both maybe? - I'm happy to see Myles hold back a little.. NOW.. if it means that he's still in pretty good shape when he's 50 odd (and even when he holds back a little he's still terrific/nowhere near terrible)

Also, that's the second time he's performed that song live. Let's see how it sounds once he's got it in the bag.
Last edited by Dan Dando on Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

And its not like it even sounds bad. I'm one of the people very critical of myles and will always point it out. I think he sounds great here, and I like the live version even moreso than the album version. I didnt even notice the higher melody in the chorus until orlando. I just heard the lower one and thought it sounded awesome. When he sang it high live I was very pleased.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

AB23 wrote:And its not like it even sounds bad. I'm one of the people very critical of myles and will always point it out. I think he sounds great here, and I like the live version even moreso than the album version. I didnt even notice the higher melody in the chorus until orlando. I just heard the lower one and thought it sounded awesome. When he sang it high live I was very pleased.
I feel like I have different ears to everyone else or something. I know Myles sounds great at the mo in terms of voice condition but the choices made to fill in vital harmonies don't sound good to me. There's still loads of missed end of lines as well. What me and Felipesh were talking about were the opening vocal lines of "Cry out. Now you can't escape..." etc.

I think I've bashed on about it enough though. I'm clearly in a minority and I don't want to take away from the excitement people are feeling. In my dream world I'd have a 3rd guitarist/back up vocalist & them play the full album in the middle of the set with 3 or 4 from each of the other albums.

I fucking love Fortress as an album though and I think the song 'Fortress' will translate awesomely to live show. Not too many harmonies and loads of instrumental awesomeness.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

The intro to ATP in that Soundcheck video is amazing, and it's really cool to hear a couple of songs instrumentally as well. Thanks for posting that, Dolo! And great post, Dando. =)

prslover
TABN.com Citizen

Post by prslover »

Felipesh wrote:I can guarantee you that he's not
What you dont factor in when watching a video is the bass presence in the mix.
I was at the Orlando concert last week and when you are there it sounds much different than on the videos.
AB performs for the crowd in attendance not the youtube vid surfing trolls.