Favorite Alter Bridge Record

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AB23
Still Remains

Re: Favorite Alter Bridge Record

Post by AB23 »

I will say though... Fortress felt like a really short album to me. Like I keep listening through the album and saying to myself "I must've skipped a song on accident" but nope.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Yeah I think ODR will overtake it eventually.. I'm all for nostalgia. I'll pick out my top 5/6 songs from Fortress and just have the songs in my favourite list instead of caring about what album theyre from

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

AB23 wrote:I will say though... Fortress felt like a really short album to me. Like I keep listening through the album and saying to myself "I must've skipped a song on accident" but nope.
I agree! It doesn't feel like a 62 min album at all!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

1. ODR : perfect
2. Blackbird : great, but a couple of fillers
3. ABIII : decent overall, but a couple of special songs
4. Fortress : they're trying too hard. The songs aren't good enough. I'm done with them.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

chtimixeur wrote: 4. Fortress : they're trying too hard. The songs aren't good enough. I'm done with them.
Shitstorm is coming in 3....2....1....
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

dolo1993 wrote:Shitstorm is coming in 3....2....1....
:lol

I think most of us have known that was coming for a while.
For all of the hope that it brings...

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

@dolo1993 : I'm just being honest. I didn't anticipate the record that much. I was excited as hell for ABIII, and it led to a massive disappointment for me. I was ready to appreciate Fortress, and in the end, I find it extremely bland and boring. Yup, there are some metal riffs, yup, some songs are quite long. But it's still a snoozefest for me. Bands evolve, and so do their fans. I'll always love ODR and BB. I think I have just moved on without even noticing it. Mark Tremonti has kept disappointing me album after album since 2007. I used to be a big fan of his. Now, I just don't care anymore about whatever he's gonna do in the future.

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

dolo1993 wrote:
chtimixeur wrote: 4. Fortress : they're trying too hard. The songs aren't good enough. I'm done with them.
Shitstorm is coming in 3....2....1....
Fucking BOOM!

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

chtimixeur wrote:@dolo1993 : I'm just being honest. I didn't anticipate the record that much. I was excited as hell for ABIII, and it led to a massive disappointment for me. I was ready to appreciate Fortress, and in the end, I find it extremely bland and boring. Yup, there are some metal riffs, yup, some songs are quite long. But it's still a snoozefest for me. Bands evolve, and so do their fans. I'll always love ODR and BB. I think I have just moved on without even noticing it. Mark Tremonti has kept disappointing me album after album since 2007. I used to be a big fan of his. Now, I just don't care anymore about whatever he's gonna do in the future.
I completely understand that but Fortress is so fresh and people are soooo overreacting about any negative comments. Everyone were quite excited for ABIII when it was new but they changed their minds. We gonna see whether Fortress will stand the test of time.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

I think its refreshing that at least someone is keeping to their script. If everyone was being uncharacteristically positive it would just seem surreal.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

dolo1993 wrote:I completely understand that but Fortress is so fresh and people are soooo overreacting about any negative comments. Everyone were quite excited for ABIII when it was new but they changed their minds. We gonna see whether Fortress will stand the test of time.
Actually, everybody is really civil.. (Well, besides that little clash at the dissapointment thread earlier today, but that worked out really well.)

And once again, there was no such big excitement for AB III than for this album.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I didn't care much for Make it Right (bar the bridge) and Breathe Again on first listen of ABIII, and they never improved. Slip to the Void became my second favourite song straight away, and I'm pretty sure I rated it at 8.5 as well straight after. Surprise surprise, exactly the same way I feel now (or felt, in the case of Slip).
For all of the hope that it brings...

BennyWhatever
Loyal Follower

Post by BennyWhatever »

Right now:
ODR/Fortress
ABIII
Blackbird

What it will probably be in a month:
ODR
Fortress
ABIII
Blackbird
:yeahthat

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Hey guys, just a heads up. This thread is not for people to hate the record or any past records, it's just for you to state how you would rank the four albums.

And specifically, if you have a grievance to air about Fortress, there's a thread for that.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Idk....fortress,AB3, One Day , then Blackbird.

blackbird album had good parts, but the vocal melodies (cough cough choruses) were kind of bland. Although obviously, ties, blackbird, and come to life were good.

slasherbridge
White Knuckled

Post by slasherbridge »

Fortress, AB3, Blackbird, ODR

stokie steve
Brand New Start

Post by stokie steve »

Fortress ( by quite a margin)
One day remains ( best flowing album I reckon)
Ab3 ( good album, bit patchy and production wanna greatest I found)
Blackbird ( maybe cause they've raped it and bitter from the last Manchester gig)

.Myles Ahead.
Brand New Start

Post by .Myles Ahead. »

1. ABIII- A near flawless masterpiece. I have never had a problem with it, I think the songs all range from excellent to masterful. One of my favourite albums by anybody!
2. Fortress- Actually not sure how this could be any better. I think it is another classic, with excellent flow, and several true classics. The title track reminds me of AFTK era Rush, and overall I think this is a perfect album. I just happen to love ABIII more.

3. Blackbird- A great album, with a lot of samey songs. The best songs are phenomenal, but overall not a mindblowing album in my opinion.
4. One Day Remains- I love it a lot. More consistent than BB, but it lacks a song as killer as that albums title track, hence it comes last. The best came later, but this is still one of the best albums I own.

I love all four AB albums.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Yay I can do this again:

ODR
Fortress/Blackbird
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
ABIII (only listen to one song from it today)

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

might as well update mine a bit as well.

Blackbird
Fortress
AB III
ODR

i love em all though.
Thanks Timo!