Fortress - The Sound & The Story DVD (fret 12)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Re: Fortress - The Sound & The Story DVD (fret 12)

Post by Fish Tacos »

Felipesh wrote:The quality of Fret12 is too fucking good, maybe they can work with AB in future Live DVD's, please, no mor DC3

I don't see why not, didn't Mark and his brother found F12? Should be an easy sell.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Maybe once AB is done with whatever contract obligations, if there is any, with DC3, then maybe they can work with Fret12. Someone contact Tim Tournier and see if this can be done.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Burn It Down is not in an alternate tuning.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I don't see what's so hard about Brand New Start.. I only played guitar for like a year when I learned that song (without the solo).

Before Tomorrow Comes also is a good one for beginners.
Last edited by Timotheus on Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Yeah, besides the solo, Brand New Start is pretty easy compared to a lot of their other songs.

On a side note, even though I know it's impossible and not gonna happen, am I the only one dying for and hoping for AB to make more full-length Sound and Story DVDs for some of their older albums? For one, the production quality would be out-of-this-world when it comes to Fret 12, and I really want to learn how to play the older songs the RIGHT way, from Mark & Myles. The tab books for the most part are pretty inacurate, especially the solos (minus the Blackbird solos, which are taught on Mark's S&S).

A man can dream :cloud9
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

AHart96 wrote: A man can dream :cloud9
My dream would be that the Fortress one would make it to a digital version... Still dying to get my hands on that, since I can't play any physical media (it's 2014, come on!)...

rockit2112
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rockit2112 »

AHart96 wrote:Yeah, besides the solo, Brand New Start is pretty easy compared to a lot of their other songs.

On a side note, even though I know it's impossible and not gonna happen, am I the only one dying for and hoping for AB to make more full-length Sound and Story DVDs for some of their older albums? For one, the production quality would be out-of-this-world when it comes to Fret 12, and I really want to learn how to play the older songs the RIGHT way, from Mark & Myles. The tab books for the most part are pretty inacurate, especially the solos (minus the Blackbird solos, which are taught on Mark's S&S).

I would kill to see those! I just don't think they're very likely. I imagine they'd have to relearn most of those songs from scratch, and some of them could be ones they really don't want to bring to life ever again.

I think the only possible thing is a "best-of" S&S, with the big songs on all the albums. I'd be happy with anything though!

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

rockit2112 wrote:
AHart96 wrote:Yeah, besides the solo, Brand New Start is pretty easy compared to a lot of their other songs.

I would kill to see those! I just don't think they're very likely. I imagine they'd have to relearn most of those songs from scratch, and some of them could be ones they really don't want to bring to life ever again.

I think the only possible thing is a "best-of" S&S, with the big songs on all the albums. I'd be happy with anything though!
Yeah, even a Best of AB S&S would be epic IMO, I just wanna see more AB songs taught in that format
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

fix wrote:
My dream would be that the Fortress one would make it to a digital version... Still dying to get my hands on that, since I can't play any physical media (it's 2014, come on!)...
How's that Macbook treating you?

rockit2112
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rockit2112 »

AHart96 wrote:
rockit2112 wrote:

Yeah, even a Best of AB S&S would be epic IMO, I just wanna see more AB songs taught in that format
I totally agree. After seeing a couple tabs of Fortress songs compared to the real way in the tab book, it made me wonder how wrong I'm playing all the other songs!

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

JSlade wrote:
fix wrote:
How's that Macbook treating you?
:D Great actually! But that's not the only 'problem' ;)...

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Just got my copy!! Love everything they did with this...I'm gonna be up all night but who cares?!

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

After watching through the DVD some more, I hate how many out of focus shots there are after some of the transitions. I think they did it on purpose for the effect during the instrumental portions but I don't like it. Makes me feel like I got instant glaucoma...

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

Fish Tacos wrote:After watching through the DVD some more, I hate how many out of focus shots there are after some of the transitions. I think they did it on purpose for the effect during the instrumental portions but I don't like it. Makes me feel like I got instant glaucoma...
There's a solution for that:

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Legal in the state but it's still a federal crime so I'd lose muh jerb.

prowler5150
Brand New Start

Post by prowler5150 »

TTournier wrote:I keep having meetings on the digital front… i have the thing ready to go - some things are easier said then done.

Bare with me.

Im hoping to have it in a month or soooooooo….. I want to be able to split it up as just the Doc. just the Instructional and finally as both so people who don't play don't have to buy that and get it at a better price… turns out that complicated things.

Im working.. I'm working…

:)

Tim, I've been waiting for the digital version and I saw in the Tremonti thread that it is coming this week. I also see that the DVD is currently on sale. For those of us considering buying the DVD or digital (or both!), what are the differences? Is the content the same (lessons, behind the scenes, outtakes, tabs) in both the DVD and digital? Is the digital in HD (720 or 1080)? Will the DVD still be on sale when the digital version is released?

Thanks!

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I just re watched the story and I think my favorite part is when Mark and Myles were singing Lover together.. Don't know why but I thought that was super cool

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

The digital download for ab is going to cost $18.95 and will come in HD 720.

We are breaking this out as well - If your a fan and don't play guitar you can buy just the documentary for $10.00.

Be aware - its a huge download.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

TTournier wrote:The digital download for ab is going to cost $18.95 and will come in HD 720.

We are breaking this out as well - If your a fan and don't play guitar you can buy just the documentary for $10.00.

Hmmm, I'm not one that passes up such a good price. I may have go ahead and buy that documentary. Thanks, Tim.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

TTournier wrote:The digital download for ab is going to cost $18.95 and will come in HD 720.

Would I be able to purchase this is Europe?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp