Fortress - The Sound & The Story DVD (fret 12)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
devv88
Isolated

Re: Fortress - The Sound & The Story DVD (fret 12)

Post by devv88 »

Ryan wrote:
devv88 wrote:Still no response in regards to my missing download...
It's Thanksgiving holiday. Most places are off until Monday. 4 day holiday weekend. You likely won't hear anything until Monday...
Ah yes. Canadian mentality. I should have realized.

erv
Bought The CDs

Post by erv »

So does this include the digital version of the tab book as well?

Edit: and, of course, what file type are we talking about? Because quite frankly, the download limitations often cause pain and hassle.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

erv wrote:So does this include the digital version of the tab book as well?

Edit: and, of course, what file type are we talking about? Because quite frankly, the download limitations often cause pain and hassle.
Yes, a PDF version of the tab book is included. The documentary and lessons are mp4.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

devv88 wrote:
Ryan wrote:
devv88 wrote:Still no response in regards to my missing download...
It's Thanksgiving holiday. Most places are off until Monday. 4 day holiday weekend. You likely won't hear anything until Monday...
Ah yes. Canadian mentality. I should have realized.
No worries. :thumbsup

.pdf version of the tab book would be nice. The book is too small to really read for me.
Photobucket cash grab.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I'm so excited. I'm downloading the Story, right now. It was so easy to get through the payment and all (I'm using a Visa gift card to make the purchase).

I'm downloading both SD/HD versions. Cheers to Fret12 and AB for providing us the chance to get it. Fret12 sure knows how to get a product out in a timely manner unlike other organizations.

Edit: Awwww, snaps. I'm so happy. There was some good footage of them playing parts of Cry of Achilles at one of their UK shows. It sounded very good. It looked good too (could have easily pass off it as a Concert DVD footage quality if it had more cameras).

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Just downloaded this, yay!

rireland
Bought The CDs

Post by rireland »

Any discount for those of us that already have the DVD?

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

Those guys at FRET12 are the best. Seriously.

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

Question about the downloads. Does it use iTunes? And if not, can I download to more than one device? Such as my laptop, desktop, tablet, etc? Is there a limited amount of times I can access the download? Like does the link expire? What happens if I lose my device content and want to redownload it?

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Kreuger33 wrote:Question about the downloads. Does it use iTunes? And if not, can I download to more than one device? Such as my laptop, desktop, tablet, etc? Is there a limited amount of times I can access the download? Like does the link expire? What happens if I lose my device content and want to redownload it?
1) It's MP4, so it does use iTunes, among other formats.

2) Once you've downloaded the videos, you're free to transfer / duplicate / etc. to other devices.

3) I'm not sure if the link expires, but you can only download each video ONCE, so back those videos up. You lose them forever if you lose the videos. If your download gets interrupted, you will not be able to redownload the videos, which is what happened to me.

EDIT: Followed up with Fret 12 tonight and they immediately reversed the issue. Very cool. Can't wait to check out the doc!

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

That's exactly what I was concerned with. Thanks man.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

devv88 wrote:The lessons are about 11GB spread across two files, and the doc is about 1.5GB. The SD versions are 3GB and 400MB, respectively.
Can anyone comment on how much difference there is between the HD and SD versions of the documentary? I have a bandwidth limit and not the greatest connection and I'm not going to be watching this on a huge TV, so will SD be good enough?
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

How soon after the order confirmation e-mail do the download links get e-mailed to you? I thought they would send DL links immediately but I've been sitting here for ten minutes and nothing yet...

Edit:

Coming up on three hours now... what is this madness?! :slam

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

I got 3 emails relatively quick - order from Fret12, download link frim Fret12, receipt from PayPal. Can you see whether your card or PayPal was charged?

And answering my own ?, the smaller file was great for watching on my laptop. I loooooove being able to watch anything with long shots instead if rapid as possible edits. I could see them play entire phrases! And see more than part of the guitar while they did! Loved it, straightforward info about the overall process and each song.

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

agny wrote:I got 3 emails relatively quick - order from Fret12, download link frim Fret12, receipt from PayPal. Can you see whether your card or PayPal was charged?
My card was charged. It's all good though, I e-mailed Customer Service and they said this is the third case of a Hotmail account blocking the second e-mail due to it containing a download link. Downloading now!

Alteredge
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Alteredge »

Is it up on torrent??

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Alteredge wrote:Is it up on torrent??
It's about $20 bucks to get the video files. Do it. It's well worth it and it's supporting a bloody good company that did a lot to get this product out in a timely manner (unlike a certain company). I don't even have a credit card and I had to pay an additional $6 to get the Visa gift card, at my local Vons, so that I can purchase this thing. I only bought the story version, but it's so bloody good.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Alteredge wrote:Is it up on torrent??
:fingerwag

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Does anyone know why the hell I can't add money to my PayPal account? I've tried to do it twice and they send the money back to my bank account. I did the very same thing 2 years ago and there was no problem. I want to purchase S&TS but I can't because of that.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Dolo wrote:Does anyone know why the hell I can't add money to my PayPal account? I've tried to do it twice and they send the money back to my bank account. I did the very same thing 2 years ago and there was no problem. I want to purchase S&TS but I can't because of that.
Are you doing it via a debit card? Expiration date on that maybe?