Fortress - The Sound & The Story DVD (fret 12)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Re: Fortress - The Sound & The Story DVD (fret 12)

Post by AllC392Was »

yeah got my confirmation that it was shipped monday and still nothing lol backed up!

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

So, there's a part that Myles plays during the Fortress instrumental that he doesn't teach, and I'd really like to learn it as it's my favorite part. It's a background guitar part while Mark plays a finger picking part after the solos and what not. Anyone figured that part out yet?

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

JSlade wrote:So, there's a part that Myles plays during the Fortress instrumental that he doesn't teach, and I'd really like to learn it as it's my favorite part. It's a background guitar part while Mark plays a finger picking part after the solos and what not. Anyone figured that part out yet?
That and the chorus lead part. I wish those were taught.
Thanks Timo!

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

Just found out the "bee-terror" from Glasgow (am I right?) is in it.
I fucking LOVE FRET12!

Patty
White Knuckled

Post by Patty »

alterchris wrote:
Ashlee wrote:Please, for the love of christ do not say "American's say it the other way." American's who speak with incorrect grammar "say it the other way".

It is "couldn't care less".

If you could care less about something, it implies that you have fewer cares to give and therefore must care to some degree, otherwise you wouldn't be able to possibly care less.

If you couldn't care less,you are out of actual fucks to give.

I had to defend my countrymen.
Well, Christ should be capitalized in your reference above. Additionally, Americans should not have an apostrophe as it is not possessive. Apparently I missed a period in a post above. You see...we can all pick each other's posts to death. Who gives a fuck? A couple of folks get all wound up because a post isn't crafted to their specifications. We can either get back on topic or continue this pissing match to no end.
As much as I could stand this man, he's absolutely right.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/om7O0MFkmpw[/youtube]

That bee terror is amazing. I was sure it was an overreaction and it was just a moth. I mean bees in October, in Scotland? No chance! Haha. But nope, it looks as if it could well be a bee.
Credit to the original sig creator. (Please remind me who you are so I can credit you properly)

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

No, it's a bee. You can see it very clearly in the DVD. Big ass bee, too.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Patty wrote: As much as I could stand this man
Ermm.. Sorry, what?

Macca was at the show and said it was a bit of floating paper or something

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

It looks like it flies and lands on myles then myles moves and it flies off. then it returns to terrorize myles. it looked a lot like a bug of sorts from the DVD as well.
Thanks Timo!

alterchris
TABN.com Citizen

Post by alterchris »

Patty wrote:
alterchris wrote:
Ashlee wrote:Please, for the love of christ do not say "American's say it the other way." American's who speak with incorrect grammar "say it the other way".

If you could care less about something, it implies that you have fewer cares to give and therefore must care to some degree, otherwise you wouldn't be able to possibly care less.

Well, Christ should be capitalized in your reference above. Additionally, Americans should not have an apostrophe as it is not possessive. Apparently I missed a period in a post above. You see...we can all pick each other's posts to death. Who gives a fuck? A couple of folks get all wound up because a post isn't crafted to their specifications. We can either get back on topic or continue this pissing match to no end.

Did you stay up all night looking for that piece? :lol I'm really glad that I got under your skin to that extent. You need to get out more often.

I mean, after all, I post in this forum to discuss all things Alter Bridge, not to pillow fight with a loafer. So having said that, maybe you should get back on topic.

ON TOPIC: Regarding the DVD, just received mine today. It's pretty darn good and I'm only about 20 minutes in. For those of you waiting, it's definitely worth the money. I really wish Fret 12 would produce these for all of AB 's prior albums.
Last edited by alterchris on Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

Just got around to ordering mine. Can't wait to get it!
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Shortcut to playing Mark's Achilles solo. I know it's not learning it note for note, but it makes things a lot easier and makes the solo seem possible to play. When it's time for the sweeps, I only do the top two notes and play them as hammer ons. So it would be:
5h8 8h11 11h14 14h17 and 17h20

I know thats taking the easy way, but for someone like me who's never even attempted to practice sweeps before, it makes the solo alot more manageable and actually seem playable
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Patty
White Knuckled

Post by Patty »

Jim wrote:
Ermm.. Sorry, what?

The first sentence makes no sense does it? :D

I was at the show too. It was definitely something flying opposed to floating haha! Poor lad running like a little girl from a bee. To be honest, I'd do the same, but I've never had thousands of people watching me while I do, haha! :headbang
alterchris wrote:
Patty wrote:
alterchris wrote:

Did you stay up all night looking for that piece? :lol I'm really glad that I got under your skin to that extent. You need to get out more often.

I mean, after all, I post in this forum to discuss all things Alter Bridge, not to pillow fight with a loafer. So having said that, maybe you should get back on topic.
I can say that I did not stay up looking all night. A swift google of "Coudl care less" took me to it. I did move back on topic... When did people get so arsey on here? I was having a laugh but so many people took offence... jaysus! :facepalm
Credit to the original sig creator. (Please remind me who you are so I can credit you properly)

alterchris
TABN.com Citizen

Post by alterchris »

Patty wrote:
Jim wrote:
Ermm.. Sorry, what?

The first sentence makes no sense does it? :D

I was at the show too. It was definitely something flying opposed to floating haha! Poor lad running like a little girl from a bee. To be honest, I'd do the same, but I've never had thousands of people watching me while I do, haha! :headbang
alterchris wrote:
Patty wrote:
alterchris wrote:

I can say that I did not stay up looking all night. A swift google of "Coudl care less" took me to it. I did move back on topic... When did people get so arsey on here? I was having a laugh but so many people took offence... jaysus! :facepalm
Fair enough - time to move on then and put this to bed. :rockon

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Those quotes...

alterchris
TABN.com Citizen

Post by alterchris »

After watching a few song lessons I can say that this is a fantastic instructional video. I do think that Myles is a better teacher than Tremonti as he's a bit more thorough in his explanations of various guitar parts. Tremonti is well...Tremonti. Dude loves to play at warp speed and expects you to keep up.
Last edited by alterchris on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

alterchris wrote:After watching a few song lessons I can say that this is a fantastic instructional video. I do think that Myles is a better teacher than Tremonti as he's a bit more thorough in his explanations of various guitar parts. Tremont is well...Tremonti. Dude loves to play at warp speed and expects you to keep up.
:lol Yeah, Myles pretty much explains each note in a solo and does a little theory, Mark's more like "here's it slowed down... now figure it out, mortal." Both ways can compliment each other though, Myles giving you the info, Mark making you a little more independent. Actually reflects on how they learned themselves - Myles classically trained, Mark self-taught.
For all of the hope that it brings...

alterchris
TABN.com Citizen

Post by alterchris »

Ubik wrote:
alterchris wrote:After watching a few song lessons I can say that this is a fantastic instructional video. I do think that Myles is a better teacher than Tremonti as he's a bit more thorough in his explanations of various guitar parts. Tremont is well...Tremonti. Dude loves to play at warp speed and expects you to keep up.
:lol Yeah, Myles pretty much explains each note in a solo and does a little theory, Mark's more like "here's it slowed down... now figure it out, mortal." Both ways can compliment each other though, Myles giving you the info, Mark making you a little more independent. Actually reflects on how they learned themselves - Myles classically trained, Mark self-taught.
After watching Myles I was excited to watch Mark's "slowed down" sections but no, Mark is no different in this video than he was in his first S&S video. I have to watch it at 1/8th of the original speed just to see what's going on :eek :lol. Dude looks like the Terminator when he plays the super fast parts.

EDIT - Guys and gals...I get chills watching Myles and Mark play these instrumentals together. Pure sex for the ears. No other way to put it...especially in Cry of Achilles. Wow these guys fucking bring it!!! If you're on the fence about buying it...buy this shit! You won't regret it :headbang

lebowski
Brand New Start

Post by lebowski »

I got mine in the mail today and it's great.

I'd hate to be the one to play devil's advocate, but does anyone else have parts missing from the printed tab book e.g the little solo at the start of Lover, the main riff to Uninvited, Myles chorus for Addicted to Pain etc?

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I was looking for that little solo bit in Lover too :(

Where is the bee thing? Haven't got a chance to watch it all yet and I want to see that part lol.
Photobucket cash grab.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

It's in the outtakes on the second disc