AB Guitar Covers

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
PiggySmallz
TABN.com Citizen
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:40 pm

Re: AB Guitar Covers

Postby PiggySmallz » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:20 am

AHart96 wrote:Yeah, I got the DVD a few months ago and I've improved a bunch since then, still not close to where I want to be. Probably the best thing I've bought in the last few years. The technique excercises help a bunch, and it's great that you get the correct tabs for his solos. Love it


Yes, its a great DVD. I learned it from there as well. I noticed in my booklet though that the legato part in the Blackbird solo was incorrect though. The book is different from the way Mark plays it. I've got to look at it again when I get home.

Jim wrote:Always bothers me when people upload guitar covers but have the track blasting out and you cant hear the guitar.. Kinda negates the whole reason for the video does it not?


Not sure if this was aimed at me or not lol, but I do it because I prefer a cleaner mix. Where the bass, drums and vocals are still audible. I'm my covers I try to tweak my tone to stand out from the other guitars in the mix as well, especially more so now that I mic my amp.

Felipesh wrote:Man your cover it's perfect.
AlterTremonti is good but he play many parts of the songs wrong, nothing personal.


Thanks man, I appreciate that!

I agree, he can play for sure though! He does a lot of AB covers and a lot of them well, I just don't like his tone or mix. He just wants to get a cover out for people to see, so I doubt he sits there constantly adjusting everything. Its perfectly understandable.


I think the best one on youtube is Rocco Pezzin. That guy can play. His mixes are amazing and his playing is even better.

While this isn't an Alter Bridge cover, he has done some.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/B1cLYbYWPc0[/youtube]

User avatar
Felipesh
Loyal Follower
Posts: 332
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: AB Guitar Covers

Postby Felipesh » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:49 pm

PiggySmallz wrote:
AHart96 wrote:Yeah, I got the DVD a few months ago and I've improved a bunch since then, still not close to where I want to be. Probably the best thing I've bought in the last few years. The technique excercises help a bunch, and it's great that you get the correct tabs for his solos. Love it


Yes, its a great DVD. I learned it from there as well. I noticed in my booklet though that the legato part in the Blackbird solo was incorrect though. The book is different from the way Mark plays it. I've got to look at it again when I get home.

Jim wrote:Always bothers me when people upload guitar covers but have the track blasting out and you cant hear the guitar.. Kinda negates the whole reason for the video does it not?


Not sure if this was aimed at me or not lol, but I do it because I prefer a cleaner mix. Where the bass, drums and vocals are still audible. I'm my covers I try to tweak my tone to stand out from the other guitars in the mix as well, especially more so now that I mic my amp.

Felipesh wrote:Man your cover it's perfect.
AlterTremonti is good but he play many parts of the songs wrong, nothing personal.


Thanks man, I appreciate that!

I agree, he can play for sure though! He does a lot of AB covers and a lot of them well, I just don't like his tone or mix. He just wants to get a cover out for people to see, so I doubt he sits there constantly adjusting everything. Its perfectly understandable.


I think the best one on youtube is Rocco Pezzin. That guy can play. His mixes are amazing and his playing is even better.

While this isn't an Alter Bridge cover, he has done some.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/B1cLYbYWPc0[/youtube]


[youtube]http://youtu.be/Q2hMOmJoj8Y[/youtube]

:rockon
Image

User avatar
AHart96
Rise Today
Posts: 3559
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:16 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: AB Guitar Covers

Postby AHart96 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:17 pm

PiggySmallz wrote:
AHart96 wrote:Yeah, I got the DVD a few months ago and I've improved a bunch since then, still not close to where I want to be. Probably the best thing I've bought in the last few years. The technique excercises help a bunch, and it's great that you get the correct tabs for his solos. Love it


Yes, its a great DVD. I learned it from there as well. I noticed in my booklet though that the legato part in the Blackbird solo was incorrect though. The book is different from the way Mark plays it. I've got to look at it again when I get home.


I'm not 100% sure, but I think the legato lick goes something like this:
CORRECT
Eb 3-5-6-5-3
Bb 6-4-3-4-6-4-3
Gb 5-3-2-3-5-3-2
Db
Ab
Eb
Instead of:
WRONG (in the tab book)
Eb 3-5-6-5-3
Bb 8-6-5-6-8-6-5
Gb 5-3-2-3-5-3-2
Db
Ab
Eb
Again, I'm not 100% if thats right, but from what I've seen of him playing and from listening to myslef play it, I'm pretty sure it sounds accurate and is correct. Let me know if that helps (its a descending run, it just wont show up that way when I post it)
Image

Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

PiggySmallz
TABN.com Citizen
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:40 pm

Re: AB Guitar Covers

Postby PiggySmallz » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:05 pm

That's correct, that's how I play it as well

User avatar
Jim
Blood Machines
Posts: 24217
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:16 am
Location: That's Right!

Re: AB Guitar Covers

Postby Jim » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:22 pm

I can't believe that guy nails the Leave It Alone solo, i just cant. Perfect
Image

PiggySmallz
TABN.com Citizen
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:40 pm

Re: AB Guitar Covers

Postby PiggySmallz » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:40 pm

yeah, he really is a phenomenal player. Some of his other covers are even better. I always look forward to any new videos he posts

User avatar
Jim
Blood Machines
Posts: 24217
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:16 am
Location: That's Right!

Re: AB Guitar Covers

Postby Jim » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:56 pm

Hope you've seen JVT's stuff
Image

User avatar
Vaux
Isolated
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Minneapolis MN, Pittsburgh PA

Re: AB Guitar Covers

Postby Vaux » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:09 pm

Jim wrote:I can't believe that guy nails the Leave It Alone solo, i just cant. Perfect


Yeah wow, that was some hot shit right there.

PiggySmallz
TABN.com Citizen
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:40 pm

Re: AB Guitar Covers

Postby PiggySmallz » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:45 pm

Jim wrote:Hope you've seen JVT's stuff


I've probably seen all of his videos. I think he's a talented player, I just can't get over his mixes and tone. I always check out any new videos he posts. There's just something about Rocco Pezzin's playing that amazes me. His playing is extremely fluid.

Tremontinator
Brand New Start
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:09 pm
Location: Spain

Re: AB Guitar Covers

Postby Tremontinator » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:54 pm

Somebody said ATP ? :peace

Here you are ... sorry about the solo...fuc**ng Tremonti :lol

[youtube]http://youtu.be/4jdTnRc_Q-g[/youtube]
Help me with the link please

Here is my channel with more AB covers

http://www.youtube.com/user/CharlieRocker/videos
Last edited by Jim on Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: youtube video embedded

User avatar
Vaux
Isolated
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Minneapolis MN, Pittsburgh PA

Re: AB Guitar Covers

Postby Vaux » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:07 pm

^ you have to hit the share button on youtube and use that link they give you and put that in between the [youtube] brackets.

this one:

http://youtu.be/4jdTnRc_Q-g

oh and nice SOA shirt

Tremontinator
Brand New Start
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:09 pm
Location: Spain

Re: AB Guitar Covers

Postby Tremontinator » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:57 pm

Thx a lot !!!

SAMCRO RULES haha

User avatar
phatnonphatness
Loyal Follower
Posts: 337
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:49 am

Re: AB Guitar Covers

Postby phatnonphatness » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:46 am

Tremontinator wrote:Somebody said ATP ? :peace

Here you are ... sorry about the solo...fuc**ng Tremonti :lol

[youtube]http://youtu.be/4jdTnRc_Q-g[/youtube]
Help me with the link please

Here is my channel with more AB covers

http://www.youtube.com/user/CharlieRocker/videos



You need something new to record with buddy, that recording sounds terrible. Your playing is good from what I can tell though.

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:40 am

Re: AB Guitar Covers

Postby Bob_BleedItDry » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:20 pm

Hey piggysmallz did you use a tab for the slip cover? If so what one? Cheers great cover

PiggySmallz
TABN.com Citizen
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:40 pm

Re: AB Guitar Covers

Postby PiggySmallz » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:33 pm

SoYourAfraid_SDMF wrote:Hey piggysmallz did you use a tab for the slip cover? If so what one? Cheers great cover


Thanks man! I used a combination of the ABIII tab book, some stuff I watched Mark do live, and some I did by ear. Most of the leads I took from the ABIII tab book and then altered them to what sounded accurate to me.


Return to “Alter Bridge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MuffinMcFluffin and 1 guest