Addicted To Pain - Chart Performance

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
agny
On The Rail

Re: Addicted To Pain - Chart Performance

Post by agny »

Requested some Alter Bridge hours ago, not sure if it went through, but ATP on my local station at 10:30 on a Saturday night... and still not showing up in those rankings.

Edit - Oh wait, this is Nikki Sixx's show. I might have missed them playing AB locally. At least they're on the syndicated show!
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

Decay

Post by Decay »

ATP is not doing well, it's been stuck on #18 (Mainstream) and #15 (Active Rock) for weeks.

Definitely time for a new single! What the hell are they waiting for?

HappyHogJens
White Knuckled

Post by HappyHogJens »

Why do you guys even care about ATP's charts success? The more AB goes mainstream, the worse it gets for us fans

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I think it is the hypothesis that the higher the track goes in the charts, the more likely that AB can continue to grow in the US and thus have more headlining shows in the US.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I agree. It's a double edged sword. In my own selfishness, I want them to stay smaller. But if it means we get six weeks of touring every cycle, then no, I hate that. I agree, it's time for a new single.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Rock radio is all about who can come out with the trashiest songs anyways. That's why you still hear songs from Dark Horse on the radio.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, baby. This song still have some fuel in it. Addicted to Pain is now in 13th place with 1008 spins. They finally crossed that magic 1000 mark after a couple of weeks being stuck in neutral.

It also helps that A7X's Hail to the King is now out of the charts. Bad news, though, their new single Shepherd of Fire is now in 9th and looks to be heading to #1 in about a month or so.

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

Just keep requesting, people :/

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, the track has gotten 78 more spins than last week's. It's at 1033 (The #1 slot is at 1858). I would really like to think that announcing the US shows helped the single, a decent amount.

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

Why do you guys even care? AB's music is just not fit for radio, thank God. I get that the idea is to get them more US exposure, but the mainstream state of music over here is fucking abysmal. If they wanted exposure, they'd have to throw their integrity out the fucking window, because radio listeners over here don't want quality and quite frankly, wouldn't know it if it hit them in the face. AB would have to start writing trash to get air time.

nickgordon
TABN.com Citizen

Post by nickgordon »

JSlade wrote:Why do you guys even care? AB's music is just not fit for radio, thank God. I get that the idea is to get them more US exposure, but the mainstream state of music over here is fucking abysmal. If they wanted exposure, they'd have to throw their integrity out the fucking window, because radio listeners over here don't want quality and quite frankly, wouldn't know it if it hit them in the face. AB would have to start writing trash to get air time.

Because if they didnt get any airtime, even less people would come to shows and we would get less shows than we already do.

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

JSlade wrote:Why do you guys even care? AB's music is just not fit for radio, thank God. I get that the idea is to get them more US exposure, but the mainstream state of music over here is fucking abysmal. If they wanted exposure, they'd have to throw their integrity out the fucking window, because radio listeners over here don't want quality and quite frankly, wouldn't know it if it hit them in the face. AB would have to start writing trash to get air time.
Cause we can

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

nickgordon wrote:

Because if they didnt get any airtime, even less people would come to shows and we would get less shows than we already do.
I'm with Nick on this one. AB needs radio time and they need publicity (at least some). Yes, AB has done it the old school way but they need to continue to grow and expand there fan base. They won't change the way they do there music.. they won't turn into Creed. AB will always create there music the way they want it to be done (what they did in the past with record labels). More fans means higher demand for tours
Last edited by AllC392Was on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

HappyHogJens wrote:Why do you guys even care about ATP's charts success? The more AB goes mainstream, the worse it gets for us fans
No way brotha

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

You guys need to watch One By One again. Even the main narrator guy or Slash says their music has no place on the radio and that they do it the old school way. AB doesn't need the radio.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Um, wouldn't radio be the "old school" way? #OldPersonComment

I don't think it's hurting you or Alter Bridge if I contact my local station. Maybe I'll hear more AB in places of Hail to the King a zillion times a day. And maybe the radio station will encourage the band to come to my area for one of those old school concert thingies.
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I hear more ATP than HTTK... I love my radio station.
Thanks Timo!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, I am happy to see that this track is now a Top Ten track on active rock.
10 ALTER BRIDGE Addicted To Pain Alter Bridge/Caroline 1084 1048 36

I think that's all the mileage that it is going to go unless they make a late night TV appearance.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Am I the only one hoping for an SNL performance?
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

AHart96 wrote:Am I the only one hoping for an SNL performance?
I heard that SNL made fun of Myles last night... I'm thinking Leno