Welcome to our online community! We all thank you for joining us here. It is our pleasure to be a part of it and to share our love and support of Alter Bridge and other things with you! In order to keep our community a pleasant place to spend time and share in, we ask you to follow some simple rules and guidelines, which are outlined below.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please check out the FAQ Section. If your questions/comments/concerns are not addressed, feel free to contact a moderator or administrator. Also, if you are revisiting the forums after a prolonged absence, you may have noticed that we relaunched the message board; read about all the details here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=152&start=160#p24978
TheAlterBridgeNation.com Forum Rules
1. Have a great time around the boards, and enjoy yourselves!
2. Respect the band members, their families, and each of the board members. This extends to their privacy rights as well as professional rights. Any private material concerning family members of the band will be removed as soon as possible and member/s who post such items dealt with.
3. Respect each other. Name calling will NOT be permitted in any form, be it towards each other or at people not on the boards.
4. Whilst we understand that some topics may be heated and some issues controversial, we require everybody to discuss those issues with respect both for the topic and for other people. Their rights and sensitivities are equally as important as yours, just the same as their responsibilities are the same as yours. There is no problem with people having a negative point of view towards any issue, but we ask those issues to be debated with respect so that a genuine conversation can be had rather than resorting to childishness.
On this matter, we feel that if you disagree with somebody’s point of view, then say so. But it is to be done in a way which encourages a healthy conversation, like “Well, I disagree with you because (insert reasons)”. This makes the same point as saying “well that’s pretty stupid, dumbass, we all know that (insert reasons)”, but it makes the point without breaking rules. There are always words which can be found to make points as strongly as using insults without resorting to breaking the rules.
5. If you have a problem with a thread or single post on the board, whether it's the topic, content, idea, etc., please hit the ! button below the thread or post on the right hand side. This will report it to all of the moderators and we will take a look at it. This is a much better and quicker way of alerting our attention rather than posting “close” in every thread you find unsatisfactory.
6. Banners can be a maximum of 500 (width) x 250 (height) pixels.
7. Avatars can be a maximum of 100 (length) x 100 (height) pixels.
8. Spamming of any kind will not be tolerated. This ranges from simply useless posts in threads, posts with merely several smilies, and also includes starting topics or replying in topics with the intention of redirecting members and guests to other Alter Bridge related websites and/or bulletin boards. If you would like to promote your website or bulletin board, please provide a banner or link in your signature which will appear under your posts. However, we reserve the right to remove any links or signatures for any reason, at any time.
9. Do not try and make an off topic AB related (not even by adding "yes it's AB related, AB related because, <insert reason here>) because you want to post it in the main forum for Alter Bridge. It will be moved to the appropriate forum, no exceptions will be made. If you object to a decision a mod or admin has made with regards to moving a thread, contact that moderator or administrator as opposed to creating another thread asking why.
10. If you want to post something that is from this board or website, please make sure you give credit where credit is due by linking to the original source.
11. This site is not to be used to share copyrighted studio recordings. Anyone caught sharing such files could be subject to banning. Sharing will NOT be tolerated at all. This includes ALL Alter Bridge studio recordings (live bootleg recordings are OK), all Creed recordings, all Mayfield Four recordings, all Tremonti recordings, all Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators recordings, all Projected recordings, and other bands involving Alter Bridge band members. Regardless of what band members may say about sharing, in the vast majority of cases, the record label own the rights to the studio recordings, and they are the people with the power to present lawsuits against websites.
12. You are to have one TABN.com account. Duplicates will be deleted without hesitation and the original account disciplined.
13. “Trolling” will not be tolerated. This is entering into a thread or multiple threads to post inappropriate, sometimes offensive material because the “troll” does not like the topic in question or the group of people it is aimed at.
Should the Mod Squad feel you have violated one of our rules, we will contact you via private message and let you know of the situation. We may decide to discuss the situation amongst ourselves to determine what action is needed; you will be notified in all circumstances. We keep a record of which members we have to speak to and for what reasons, so repeat offenses are noticed and treated in the appropriate manner.
14. Posting of media containing or links to pornography and explicit nudity is not allowed. This includes site names, broken URLS, and "hints" to the site names. This includes images used for personal avatars and signatures as well as images posted to the Forum that include website watermarks. When posting material that you think may be borderline, you are REQUIRED to put NSFW (Not Safe For Work). If you do post NSFW material without so marking it, you run the risk of being temp or perma-banned depending on the severity of the infraction! NSFW threads will be carefully monitored, and may be modified or deleted if deemed to contain inappropriate material, even if not technically "pornography and explicit nudity." The decision about whether content is inappropriate lies solely within the discretion of the forum staff.
As a general guide to our disciplinary procedure, we lay out the following framework:
First offense: Private Message and note made
Second offense: Private Message, the content of which is recorded in our logs
Third offense: Formal warning
Fourth offense: Pre-ban warning
Fifth offense: Temporary ban and final warning
Final offense: Permanent ban
Please note that this is a framework to which we will adhere as appropriate. In some circumstances we will deal with minor offenses in a different way, and with major offenses we reserve the right to skip through these stages as we see fit. This could include going straight to a permanent ban if we feel it is necessary.
We have put this up here to show all of you roughly where you stand with us. Of course, we will endeavor to use common sense when dealing with all of you. Consistent rule-breaking will not be tolerated however, and users will be dealt with equally, regardless of status, time spent on the boards or post count. However, we all sincerely hope that it does not come to this with anybody, and we want these forums to be a fun, and ordered place to spend time.
We all feel these rules are fair and not overly strict to the point of taking away from the board and community, and by the same token, we feel these rules will help improve the forums further. Most of these rules are based in common sense, and the vast majority of users comply with all of these rules anyway without having to think about it.
In order to make your signature/banner and avatar work, you will need to go to your Control Panel (located at the upper left hand side of your screen). Click on the "profile" link and then the "signature" link. Please make sure you follow the guidelines listed above. If you have any questions, please let myself or one of the other moderators know.
Guidelines for signature images and avatars
Signature images are not to exceed 250K (kilobytes) in total file size, nor should they exceed 250p High x 500p Wide.
Avatars are not to exceed 100pX100p in height/width, nor are they to exceed 50K in total file size.
Non-compliance will result in your signature being replaced with something humiliating and/or your signature privileges being revoked.
We reserve the right to amend these guidelines at any time.
These parameters are VERY generous, and compliance with these terms will help these forums to run more efficiently for its members.
While 250K and 50K are the outside limits for file size, please make every effort to optimize your image to the smallest filesize possible- It really WILL help those of us that do not have T1 or FIOS connections. Rather than considering it a barrier to your creativity, consider it a CHALLENGE!!
If you like to use .gifs in your sig or avi, but are having a hard time working within the parameters, please consider removing some frames and/or making the resolution smaller; A sig doesn't have to be huge in order to be effective.
The following is a link to a very good tutorial for optimizing your images in PhotoShop. If you do not use PhotoShop, please use Google or the help manual of your image editing program to learn how to export your images as optimized for web use.
User Control Panel
Make sure you check out your User Control Panel (the link is under the left side of the banner at the top of the forum). Here is a list of some things you can do:
Update your profile
Check your Private Messages
View your recent posts
See the latest posts
Change your signature
Update your profile
Edit your avatar
Change your password
Links at the top of the board
FAQ - You can view all Frequently Asked Questions.
Search - You can look for a specific topic by keywords and author. There are many other options to help make your search successful.
Members - You can view the members of the board.
Messages - You can view all of your private message.
Social Buttons - You can visit us on Facebook, Twitter & YouTube.
Again, thank you for joining us here at our Alter Bridge community! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please check out the FAQ Section! If your questions/comments/concerns are not addressed, please make a post here! Or you can just send any admin a private message and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
***Also...a fair reminder that we reserve the right to remove any posts we want and ban, without warning, any user that posts anything deemed particularly offensive.***
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Formerly Cthree921811
- Posts: 3320
- Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:00 pm
- Location: You don't wanna know..
I think this thread will be useful for new and old members here. Just found this and a bunch of stuff I didn't know