Enter, win & then take me! ;)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Therefromthestart04
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Enter, win & then take me! ;)

Post by Therefromthestart04 »

The night after the pre-listen event and im still on a high this album $%£&*% ROCKS ! Mark and Myles are so humble Myles saying they are a bit nervious about what we think of the album forget that Myles ! AB really bring it on this album !! this album is a runaway train full on melodic heavy epic. got to say Brians bass and Flips drums on this album are HUGE ! This album live will blow you away!!!!!!!!!. Got to ask questions as well.Fantastic evening so nice to meet people from the AB Nation site.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Nice :D glad you had a good time! Any favourites after listening to the album for the first time?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Impressions are in the review thread. Was great to meet Stijn and Selina and the others who I didn't catch the name of. Hope to see you again. Again sorry for having to rush off.

Therefromthestart04
TABN.com Citizen

Cthree922012 wrote:yeah that is weird. Why London? Would they really travel their just to meet some fans?
Because UK and Europe took Alter Bridge to their hearts from One Day Remains.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

They're obviously just doing a European publicity tour. It's going to be more down to the record label organising events for them.

WkdSelina
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WkdSelina »

I just want to give a shout out to all the people I met & caught up with last night ... Crumbso, Axlar, Sarah, Sean, Bernie & many more! (sorry can't remember all names!)

Most importantly Alterbridge25 for making me his +1, can't thank you enough! Also to Jim!

Now I must sleep after missing my coach home & being like a vagabond lol

tRuth Alone
Brand New Start

Post by tRuth Alone »

Still on a high from yesterday. I got to Islington so ridiculously early but it was worth all the waiting. Hello to everyone I met yesterday.... I can't remember your names but everyone was so friendly. I'm the one who came with her daughter and got to ask TWO questions at the Q&A! I don't really have the chance very often to talk AB with any other fans face to face so it was great to meet up with some others who are as obsessed as I am!

When Mark & Myles arrived - it was so weird - I sort of lost it a bit when I saw them for the first time but managed to recompose myself. Still got a bit flustered when I was talking to them but they were so nice.

We shook hands & exchanged a few words ".... love your work....pleasure to meet you....etc etc" - I thought of loads of great things I should have said on the way home!

I was quite near the guys for the Q&A and it was the most strange experience to have Myles actually standing 4 feet in front of me - and I DID ask the question about WDTTW being performed live!

Now it's all over and I have to descend back into reality. The only slight disappointment was that I couldn't really hear the new album as well as I would have liked and I didn't get any photos :( THANK YOU ROADRUNNER RECORDS..... you've made this AB fan very happy.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

tRuth Alone wrote:I DID ask the question about WDTTW being performed live!
AND!? :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

tRuth Alone
Brand New Start

Post by tRuth Alone »

No, basically! Apparently they have played it at sound check but I didn't get the impression it's top of their to do list. To be honest, the words they ACTUALLY said are a bit of a blur as I was slightly overcome at having them in such close proximity!! I am flipping useless really.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

tRuth Alone wrote:No, basically! Apparently they have played it at sound check but I didn't get the impression it's top of their to do list. To be honest, the words they ACTUALLY said are a bit of a blur as I was slightly overcome at having them in such close proximity!! I am flipping useless really.
Maybe someone else here remembers their answer to your question :D

Patty
White Knuckled

Post by Patty »

Oh my god! The worst cliffhanger ever.

I'm also very jealous that I was in London and didn't even enter as I couldn't go. Back in Aberdeen now reading through posts from the last two days.

So much catch up!
Credit to the original sig creator. (Please remind me who you are so I can credit you properly)

alterchris
TABN.com Citizen

Post by alterchris »

Hey Alter Bridge! How about doing this for us fans here in the U.S.! We'd love to get a sneak peak of the new album and meet you guys!

AlterBridge25
Brand New Start

Post by AlterBridge25 »

It was a great night! New album sounds like their best one yet IMO. Crumbso.. Did we meet? I was the guy in the red and white cheq shirt. I met Axlar and quite a few others but didn't catch many names.

I asked Myles if he was ever releasing his solo record and he said that Mark had the demo's on his laptop and hoped to one day release it but probably not for a while.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

Hey Andy, nice seeing you on the board! And nice meeting you..

Crumbso was the guy with the longer hair who sat in the corner of our booth with his girl when we listened to the album.

And about Myles solo record, thats the answer he has been giving everyone for the pat 6-12 months.. lol.. He is too much a perfectionist. Also to add to the subject: he told me before he just needs to find the time to properly record everything.. and, it will be nothing like we are used to, as it will be a lot more bluesy...
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

alterchris wrote:Hey Alter Bridge! How about doing this for us fans here in the U.S.! We'd love to get a sneak peak of the new album and meet you guys!
Maybe they'll do a promo tour once they're done with the euro tour, so it sits closer to the USA dates?! Or who knows, maybe they'll do some promo in september.. these over here weren't announced to the public until like a week in advance..
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

Therefromthestart04
TABN.com Citizen

AlterBridge25 wrote:It was a great night! New album sounds like their best one yet IMO. Crumbso.. Did we meet? I was the guy in the red and white cheq shirt. I met Axlar and quite a few others but didn't catch many names.

I asked Myles if he was ever releasing his solo record and he said that Mark had the demo's on his laptop and hoped to one day release it but probably not for a while.
Hi hope you are well it was good to see you on Wednesday evening at the Fortress party :cheers I was the guy with the Alterbridge leather jacket it would be great to hook up on the tour and have a drink did you get a ticket ? all the best :) grahamwest1987@btinternet.com

Therefromthestart04
TABN.com Citizen

Nice to meet all the nice people from TABN on wednesday at the Fortress party great band great website(this one) geat fans. shout out to the two ladies from wales are you on here come say hello :)

WkdSelina
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WkdSelina »

Therefromthestart04 wrote:Nice to meet all the nice people from TABN on wednesday at the Fortress party great band great website(this one) geat fans. shout out to the two ladies from wales are you on here come say hello :)
Just jumping in to repeat that I totally love you jacket! :D

AlterBridge25
Brand New Start

Post by AlterBridge25 »

Therefromthestart04 wrote:
AlterBridge25 wrote:It was a great night! New album sounds like their best one yet IMO. Crumbso.. Did we meet? I was the guy in the red and white cheq shirt. I met Axlar and quite a few others but didn't catch many names.

Hi hope you are well it was good to see you on Wednesday evening at the Fortress party :cheers I was the guy with the Alterbridge leather jacket it would be great to hook up on the tour and have a drink did you get a ticket ? all the best :) grahamwest1987@btinternet.com
Were you the dude with the One Day Remains jacket?! Loved that jacket! Was good to meet you and your friend, you were both very cool people :peace

Therefromthestart04
TABN.com Citizen

WkdSelina wrote:
Therefromthestart04 wrote:Nice to meet all the nice people from TABN on wednesday at the Fortress party great band great website(this one) geat fans. shout out to the two ladies from wales are you on here come say hello :)
Just jumping in to repeat that I totally love you jacket! :D
Hi Selina it was nice to meet you thanks for your comments on my jacket see you in the cue again on the AB tour :rockon