Favourite Lead Single From Alter Bridge?

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!

What's your favourite lead single from Alter Bridge

Open Your Eyes (One Day Remains)
29%
Rise Today (Blackbird)
12%
Isolation (AB III)
17%
Addicted To Pain (Fortress)
41%

Total votes: 58

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: Favourite Lead Single From Alter Bridge?

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Felipesh wrote:
Decay wrote:
Felipesh wrote:Addicted To Pain, if this song was a woman i would marry her
No, you wouldn't. :lol

She'd have probably sold you out and betrayed you ;)
Oh, true that :shifty
Not to mention you'd break your back and she'd break your heart.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

The chorus is one of my favourite parts of the song. Just because of the reason mentioned above.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

joey78
TABN.com Citizen

Post by joey78 »

Nothing will beat the first time I heard OYE, so that is definitely my favorite single. That is how I discovered by AB For that matter nothing will ever beat the first time i got the album and played it.

Rise Today is a close second. Found it very generic on first listen. Infact, I thought the whole of BB was generic. After a few listens it grew on me and is now my favorite AB record. Rise Today is a fuckin rock anthem. It's no coincidence that the band has been using this song as a closer on practically every show.

Addicted to Pain comes third and Isolation is kinda ok.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Open Your Eyes
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Daniel
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Daniel »

I really loved Rise Today. For some reason it really resonated with me at that point in my life.

Jack_The_Riffer
Bought The CDs

Post by Jack_The_Riffer »

I went with Addicted to Pain. It was a tough one between that and Isolation.

I don't think anything will ever match how I felt when I first seen Open Your Eyes on TV though. I'd heard nothing like. I suppose now I've come to expect the really high standards from this band.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

I actually REALLY REALLY like Open Your Eyes now, but I remember being very disappointed with it when it first came out because I thought musically it sounded so much like My Sacrifice. I wouldn't give up that sing-along bridge for anything now though.

BennyWhatever
Loyal Follower

Post by BennyWhatever »

Interesting hearing people's opinions on the ATP chorus. To me, it's probably the weakest part of the song; mostly because I'm not a fan of the lyrics. It's very..... hmm.... I'm trying to put a description to it. It's like they used certain words sacrificing poetic justice so that it would be more likable by rockers. Just the term "Addicted to Pain" is kind of silly.
Really dig the song though. I like it better than Isolation.
:yeahthat

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

BennyWhatever wrote:Interesting hearing people's opinions on the ATP chorus. To me, it's probably the weakest part of the song; mostly because I'm not a fan of the lyrics. It's very..... hmm.... I'm trying to put a description to it. It's like they used certain words sacrificing poetic justice so that it would be more likable by rockers. Just the term "Addicted to Pain" is kind of silly.
Really dig the song though. I like it better than Isolation.
Agree with ya 100%

CrashN'Burn
Brand New Start

Post by CrashN'Burn »

For me it was hard to pick between Open Your Eyes & Rise Today but had to go with one of my top faves on this one. Rise Today is right behind it though and not by far.
Credit- DonHarry

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

From mid-song on, I don't think any of them can touch Addicted To Pain.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

I picked "Isolation".

Here's how I rank them:
  1. Isolation is not just my favorite lead single, but one of my favorite Alter Bridge songs. A sick guitar riff and plenty of lead guitar work by both of the guys. The drums (and frankly all the instruments) are top-notch. It's heavy but still plenty melodic. And I will never get over how perfectly the verse resolves into the chorus.
  2. Addicted to Pain - a great song in almost every regard. The instruments are flawless, and the verse and bridge melodies are excellent. But like others have said, the chorus is somewhat lacking. I think this will impede its success; but time will tell.
  3. Rise Today - I find it to be kind of boring, and it's been plaaaayyed as a set closer. On the plus side, it's very fun to play on guitar. Also, the melody and guitar solo always leave you feeling uplifted.
  4. Open Your Eyes has always been too much like "My Sacrifice" for me to really enjoy. Its only redeeming qualities are its sing-along bridge (which obviously only matters live), and its guitar solo.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Jim wrote:"THE SUN IS BEATING DOWN! ARE WE EVER GONNA CHANGE? CAN WE STOP THE BLOOD FROM RUNNING!???"

.. Epic.
One of the highlights of the song for me as well. I love how Mark's palm mutes align perfectly with the words "beating down" - it's so badass.