Addicted To Pain Music Video?

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
abw1987
Blood Machines

Re: Addicted To Pain Music Video?

Post by abw1987 »

Jim wrote:Nagpo had a good point in the Lyrics Meaning thread that what if Myles is talking to himself?!
I had a similar idea in the Never Born To Follow and Summergirl thread. Perhaps those tracks are referring to the same girl, and in "Addicted to Pain" Myles is talking to talk some sense into his past self. I agree that would make a cool video!

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

The You're a Lie video has over 2 million hits, that's pretty damn good I'd say. That video doesn't really have an elaborate story either, so if AB did something similar to that (which I assume is a relatively cheap option), I think it would do well.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

The Isolation video has over 1.3 million views. By scanning over some of the comments, it seems to have attracted people who don't know much about the band. Some might be surprised at how many people may watch a music video on Youtube that they know, then start clicking the related videos for fun. Next thing ya know, they might stumble across an AB video and find them for the first time.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

Does this count as a music video?

[youtube]http://youtu.be/nh_NOkycLCw[/youtube]

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

That pretty much is the Isolation video, so yes.
For all of the hope that it brings...

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

Is Visualizer what they are being called now? I must be getting old!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

It says Visualizer, so I'm pretty sure that's not the music video :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

I think AB could try making a music video for ATP but it would probably be for just Youtube or something. Music videos on TV are a thing of the past now. I remember back in 2008 when the video for "Watch Over You" did so well on the Fuse top 20, it got to like #3 which I thought was good for them but now I couldn't really picture anything like that happening. I hope ATP as a single tops the charts here soon.
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

A visualizer is what people in the industry call a clip that is not a lyric video or traditional music video.

It's an industry term that probably shouldn't have been included in the title on youtube.

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

Ahh Cheers Ashlee

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Ashlee wrote:A visualizer is what people in the industry call a clip that is not a lyric video or traditional music video.

It's an industry term that probably shouldn't have been included in the title on youtube.
They're breaking kayfabe again, brother!
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

Andy92 wrote:The Isolation video has over 1.3 million views. By scanning over some of the comments, it seems to have attracted people who don't know much about the band. Some might be surprised at how many people may watch a music video on Youtube that they know, then start clicking the related videos for fun. Next thing ya know, they might stumble across an AB video and find them for the first time.
And believe me, The Isolation video should have almost 4 millions views but it haven't because of the restriction of 2/3 of the world :lol

Decay

Post by Decay »

Felipesh wrote:And believe me, The Isolation video should have almost 4 millions views but it haven't because of the restriction of 2/3 of the world :lol
:lol

Decay

Post by Decay »

If they film a music video for Addicted To Pain or any single from the new album, I'm gonna die a happy man. :lol

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

Here is my awesome video idea - listen to the song as you read it

As the song starts - the whooshing going by is a little spaceship flying down at very fast speed and as the bell hits it crashes maybe 50 yards away. Big flash of light and smoke and all of that. We watch it open, an alien climb out, and as the verse riff starts, he runs after us. As the verse starts, we begin to run.

During the verse we show running through the woods mixed with a couple shots of the band playing; we get shots of running between trees and the alien holding this crazy looking device - it looks like some kind of helmet. Finally the person runs right into another bigger alien and it looks down at him and smiles and nods it's head up and down.

Chorus -alien grabs him- (yourrrr addicted to pain)... alien picks him up and begins to walk back to the ship.
Next shots show the band playing and the interior of the ship.

Next verse starts and they put him in a chair and put the helmet on him, turn him around to face a big screen - we show aliens working equipment and he looks around nervous - band shots

Chorus - helmet glows and band shows up on the screen - (yourrrr addicted to pain)....the guys jaw drops and his eyes roll back in his head... right before the bridge, the chair violently drops back and locks his legs and chest like a bar on a roller coaster - then a bright light comes on and he shakes (CRYYY OUT)

Solo is band shots and aliens working/smiling ect..... during last chorus the chair comes back up and unlocks him and he recovers....he looks around and all the aliens are head banging to the music and giving him the horns :headbang .... and at the end he looks happy and gives the horns to the camera :headbang