Listening to Addicted to Pain

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Tom
Jim's Brother

Re: Listening to Addicted to Pain

Post by Tom »

AB23 wrote:If Addicted to Pain opens a set I'm perfectly fine with the removal of Slip. The intro sounds good as an intro, but they don't do the rest of the song very well. It wouldnt work in the middle of the set
Never know, their may be a better opener on the Album that replaces STTV, but i wouldn't be surprised if they keep it, because they can loop the entrance to give them time to get on stage and get ready and everything, may not be so easy with ATP. I dont know i guess we'll have to wait and find out!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Tom wrote:
AB23 wrote:If Addicted to Pain opens a set I'm perfectly fine with the removal of Slip. The intro sounds good as an intro, but they don't do the rest of the song very well. It wouldnt work in the middle of the set
Never know, their may be a better opener on the Album that replaces STTV, but i wouldn't be surprised if they keep it, because they can loop the entrance to give them time to get on stage and get ready and everything, may not be so easy with ATP. I dont know i guess we'll have to wait and find out!
They can play an intro before they come on stage. Like they used to do before Come To Life in the Blackbird days.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

Just about every band opens there show with some ridiculous looping thing that makes no sense and bleeds into their opening song. They could produce something like that for ATP easily.

I think we'll probably be surprised to see a lot of the ABIII songs replaced on this next tour. STTV included.

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

I don't know if it's the only time it hasn't been played first, but I saw them play Slip To The Void in the first gig after AB 3 where they played it towards the end and it still seemed to work really well. So I think they could easily keep it on not as the opener.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Ashlee wrote:I think we'll probably be surprised to see a lot of the ABIII songs replaced on this next tour. STTV included.
Plz no All Hope Is Gone :(
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

So many of my favorite songs aren't even in the set list anymore. Part of the problem of not having any monster hits. We pretty much know we'll hear Isolation, Rise Today, Broken Wings and OYE. Everything else? Completely up to them.

There's an idea for a thread. What's your 16 song AB setlist or whatever, and it must realistically include their "four biggest hits". Those would be the rules.

blackbirdgraphics
Brand New Start

Post by blackbirdgraphics »

Is it true that Cry of Achilles is supposed to be 8 minutes long?

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

blackbirdgraphics wrote:Is it true that Cry of Achilles is supposed to be 8 minutes long?
Our sources said it was "over 7 minutes long". I don't know exactly how long it is.

alterswede
Brand New Start

Post by alterswede »

blackbirdgraphics wrote:Is it true that Cry of Achilles is supposed to be 8 minutes long?
Well, it seems that it just leaked so listen carefully for 8 minutes... :cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lEdsiVfc1Q

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I believe Stijn said it was 7:50.. Not 100% sure though. Could've been a bit less long, but it's definitely longer than 7 minutes.
Ashlee wrote:So many of my favorite songs aren't even in the set list anymore. Part of the problem of not having any monster hits. We pretty much know we'll hear Isolation, Rise Today, Broken Wings and OYE. Everything else? Completely up to them.

There's an idea for a thread. What's your 16 song AB setlist or whatever, and it must realistically include their "four biggest hits". Those would be the rules.
Do they still have to play a song like Broken Wings? I love the song to death, but I could see them dropping it. And I would approve. Pick the 3 main singles from each album, pick as many new songs as possible and fill the rest out with audience pleasers like Blackbird, WK, Metalingus, and rotate as many of those every night.
alterswede wrote:

Duuude, my heart skipped a beat!
Last edited by Timotheus on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Am i the only person that has a problem with the first note of the solo?

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

It doesn't bother me. I can actually think of an Atreyu solo that starts very similar.

As for the setlist, I can see the ABIII songs getting cut down to no more than three. They seem to want to move on for sure.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Haha Jim, I think that note is brilliant. The transition from the bridge into the solo seems so effortlessly because of it. I love the little pause behind it.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Don't tease a song leak man! Got my hopes up. :(

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

alterswede wrote:

Was expecting a rickroll.... did not leave disappointed. :dance
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Good stuff.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

Felipesh wrote:I can't describe how much I like this song, i wanna sit in my car and kill every single fucker who is on my way
I like you lol This made my day.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

I think it could be a good opener, I'll miss Slip though as it's one of my favourites from AB III. That said, if they're going to focus their set on new songs I'm all for it.

SugarShane
Brand New Start

Post by SugarShane »

Totally. Bad. Ass.

So good, love the high energy of it. If it's an accurate display on the rest of the album, i'll be stoked.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

I'm not a fan of this song. It sounds too much like a song that could've been on All I Was. Just hope this album leaves a better impression on me than AB III did. The bridge is pretty nice though.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019