Your Ultimate Bottom 5 Alter Bridge Songs

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AHart96
Rise Today

Re: Your Ultimate Bottom 5 Alter Bridge Songs

Post by AHart96 »

Not in any particular order:
1. Coming Home
2. Burn It Down
3. Shed My Skin
4. Watch Your Words
5. The End is Here
Now, these songs aren't necessarily bad by any stretch, there is no such thing as a bad AB song, however these are the songs that didn't exactly grab my attention or leave an impression of "man, I need to listen to that again." I just didn't really connect with these songs
NOTE: I am not including the B-Sides or songs from movie soundtracks (Ex: Save Me). I am only including songs that made the cut on each album.
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

NOT IN ORDER

1. Life must go on
2. Show me a sign
3. We dont care at all
4. Home
5. Breathe Again

ABIII was pretty much 60/40 on the ratio on Good/Bad songs

HappyHogJens
White Knuckled

Post by HappyHogJens »

1: Save Me (Doesn't really fit Myles' voice, kinda boring imo)
2: The Damage Done (Even more boring and I hate the chorus, just doesn't work for me)
3: In Loving Memory (Even though I love and appreciate Mark's meaning with this song, it just has these cheesy lyrics and standard chord progession...)
4: Coming Home (Can't really figure out why, I Always skip it though. Think I don't like the chorus)
5: Watch Over You (It pains me and I had to think really hard for my number 5, In the end I decided to include Watch Over You, just because I never seem to feel like "Well lets put up some Watch Over You. I like the live acoustic one but I can't seem to connect to the album version...)

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Here's my bottom 5. Like the top 5 list, I didn't give it a tremendous amount of thought. But it's good enough for now.

1. Make it Right
2. Breathe Again
3. Break Me Down
4. Save Me
5. We Don't Care At All

Also, for the record, "Open Your Eyes" would likely have been on this list if it weren't for how powerful the sing-along bridge is in concert.

I agree with most of the folks saying these are by no means bad songs. They're just the 5 I would miss the least.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

abw1987 wrote:Here's my bottom 5. Like the top 5 list, I didn't give it a tremendous amount of thought. But it's good enough for now.

1. Make it Right
2. Breathe Again
3. Break Me Down
4. Save Me
5. We Don't Care At All

Also, for the record, "Open Your Eyes" would likely have been on this list if it weren't for how powerful the sing-along bridge is in concert.

I agree with most of the folks saying these are by no means bad songs. They're just the 5 I would miss the least.
We had 4/5 the same. Almost 5/5 too because Make It Right was my other choice for the 5 spot.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Andy92 wrote:We had 4/5 the same. Almost 5/5 too because Make It Right was my other choice for the 5 spot.
Dude you're right! Also as I was going by process of elimination, I found that "Rise Today" was on the list for a while. Ultimately I struck it down because it's a fun song to play, and I like the solo. I wonder how close our top 5 are. Edit: nevermind, not as close. :lol

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Looks like just 2/5 on the top 5. Still not bad though considering there's 47 songs to choose from.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

1. Words Darker Than Their Wings - Most of the time I skip this song. It just does not grab my attention

2. Watch Your Words - How I wish this could have been heavier but I think this was one of the first few songs that I tried to learn to play.

3. Break Me Down - Same reason as number 1. But whenever I get to listen to this, I love Brian's bassline in the verse part.

4. Watch Over You - I just don't feel listening to this one right now.

5. Burn It Down - Same ^

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

abw1987 wrote:Here's my bottom 5. Like the top 5 list, I didn't give it a tremendous amount of thought. But it's good enough for now.

1. Make it Right
2. Breathe Again
3. Break Me Down
4. Save Me
5. We Don't Care At All

Very close to my list for sure. The 2 you have listed that I don't, Breath Again & Break Me Down, were also very close to making my list.

prslover
TABN.com Citizen

Post by prslover »

1)Rise Today
2)Rise Today
3)Rise Today
4)Rise Today
5)Rise Today

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

prslover wrote:1)Rise Today
2)Rise Today
3)Rise Today
4)Rise Today
5)Rise Today
:facepalm
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Watch Your Words
Rise Today
Make It Right
Fallout
Breathe Again

BennyWhatever
Loyal Follower

Post by BennyWhatever »

Holy crap, it's scarecrow!!
:yeahthat

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

abw1987, I actually kind of agree with you on Open Your Eyes. There are elements of the song that I really like. But the fact that the riff sounds so much like the riff to Creed's "My Sacrifice" made me not want to listen to it (and consequently AB in general) until Blackbird came out. Other than a few Mark "clean parts" I think Creed's Weathered album is the worst, most derivitive piece of "music" I have ever heard. And sadly, I dismissed AB for the first 3 years after ODR came out because of this.

As it turns out, I was wrong (not about Weathered, but AB). I actually like alot of the song now, especially how they play it out live.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

My bottom five ps: I can't believe you are making me do this. Watch your words. Before tomorrow comes..break me down. Breath again. Make.it right

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

One Drew Remains wrote:abw1987, I actually kind of agree with you on Open Your Eyes. There are elements of the song that I really like. But the fact that the riff sounds so much like the riff to Creed's "My Sacrifice" made me not want to listen to it (and consequently AB in general) until Blackbird came out.
Yep. The funny thing is, I distinctly remember the band tried to distance themselves from Creed with their first single. And somehow they landed on... "Open Your Eyes"? The most Creedish song on ODR? Sure the solo rips, but other than that it's quite bland. I could be wrong but I think AB originally proposed "Down to my Last" for the first single, and Wind-Up rejected it for being too Creed-ish. :facepalm

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I think Down to my Last is heaps better than OYE. I love open your eyes but its melody doesn't soar like DTML, and marks solo on DTML is just filled with emotion. It's one of my favorite songs, so I'm pretty biased though:P
Thanks Timo!

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

"Down to my Last" is beautiful. As you said, the melody soars. The solo is smooth and full of despair. At the time, I think it would've made a great first single. Though nowadays I'd of course choose something harder or more uptempo.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I'm all for releasing the heavy stuff. I heard FTR and Metalingus on first listen and wondered why they didn't release those first. Needless to say, I'm happy about AtP being released first. :)
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Gfunk839
Brand New Start

Post by Gfunk839 »

The only AB song song I consciously dislike is "the uninvited"