How Many Times

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
blackbirdgraphics
Brand New Start

How Many Times

Post by blackbirdgraphics »

I apologize in advance if this has been asked before and or not the right place to post this.
(Mods, feel free to move it if you need to you won't offend me)

1. How many times have you seen them in concert (or Creed).

2. Describe your first time seeing them.

Me:
1. How many times have you seen them in concert (or Creed).
I've seen both bands once. When I saw Creed I understood why they left Scott the first time around. If you could look up the word egotistical douche in the dictionary, I'm confident Stapp's face would be right there. He took his shirt off...

2. Describe your first time seeing them.
The first time I saw AB was while I was in college. I heard they were playing at a venue close by just out of the blue and about pissed myself when I read the news. Best thing about it was, the concert was free. It was a Bud Light sponsored event and admission was completely free. It was out doors and they even took the time to poke fun at Myles for his 2 minutes of fame in the movie Rock Star. I swear to God Mark looked right at me during the show. One and only rock concert I've taken my girl friend to that she liked. Seeing him rip out a solo live is just one of the most magical things I've ever witnessed hahaha.

</gasm>

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I think number of times you've met Greg should count too

Post by zazthespaz »

I thought this was going to be a singing thread and the first post would be "have you cut". Disappointed.

Anyway, seen AB thrice, Creed once, tremonti twice, slash once (hitting them all). First AB concert was one of the first in the blackbird tour. Blew my mind how album quality they sounded.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: How Many Times

Post by Andy92 »

I've seen Alter Bridge twice, Creed once, and Slash w/ Myles once. The 2nd time I saw Alter Bridge was a lot funner than the first because I was pretty close to the stage. My ears rang for days haha. The Creed show I saw in 2010 was actually really good. I've watched Youtube vids of that tour since, and Stapp's voice sounded about its best at the show I saw (it was early in the tour). Slash w/ Myles was a decent show but my least favorite. It was like 3 days before AL came out, and I only got to hear 2 songs off that album at it.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

Alter Bridge 15 times, Slash and Myles 11 times, Tremonti 3 times and Creed once.

the first time I saw AB was in Feb 05 in Hartford, CT. I remember they played all of ODR plus Save Me and their Rock and Roll cover. hadn't yet been introduced to the joys of riding the rail just yet (and I got there late. I think I had to work that day and I got there when I could), so I just hung back. I enjoyed it, of course, and was so bummed that it was another 2 1/2yrs before I got to see them again. I remember hearing about the Foxwoods show and being absolutely gutted that I wasn't going to be around then.

blackbirdgraphics
Brand New Start

Post by blackbirdgraphics »

Holy sh*t, haha I'm slacking.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

haha! I'm lucky that I live in a location where i have opportunities to see them. NYC and Boston are both 2 1/2hrs or less from me. I also went cross country to see them in Vegas and the LA area 2yrs ago. that accounts for 3 of the times I saw them. Vegas, Jimmy Kimmel (since they played 5 full songs I count that) and Anaheim.

Stijn has us all beat by a long shot, though. lol.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

uctalum01 wrote:Slash and Myles 11 times
I don't see how anyone would want to see that show 11 times, but I commend you for it nonetheless. :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

uctalum01 wrote:Stijn has us all beat by a long shot, though. lol.
i know people who've seen them way more often than me..
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

I have seen Creed 4 times (Pittsburgh twice, Cleveland once, Minneapolis once) and Alter Bridge 3 times (all three Minneapolis concerts).

The first concert I ever went to in my life was Creed in Pittsburgh back in 1999 or 2000. The thing I remember most about it was how awesome MT's guitar sounded. I couldn't believe how good the sound was. The show was great too. I was just a Creed fan before that day, after that day I was also a Mark Tremonti fan.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

32x Alter Bridge (+2 planned in november), 3 in USA, rest in EU (includes accoustic performance in milano and festivals)

First time seeing Alter Bridge was a humbling experience. 2004, Amsterdam, went early in hopes of getting a shot to meet the three guys from Creed, as Creed never came around to the Netherlands after canceling multiple times. The guys walked by and hollared me and a couple other over to come say hello.. I was shaking of nerves. Brian went like "hi, I am Brian Marshall, nice to meet you", so i replied "yes, I know who you are!". Asked the guys to sign a postcard for a friend who has been a long time creed fan and couldnt make the concert becuase of personal problems. Also talked to the others. Saw myles almost take a dive into one of the canals as the bus was parked about 2 feet from it, and he tried to grab his suitcase from the cargo compartment. They invited us for soundcheck, we stupidly declined.. lol.. but it turned out perfectly well afterwards. And that was the start of what a lot of people would name a friendship :)

And of course the start of a lot of travels, meeting new friends, etc, etc...

. 5x Creed, all in the USA

First time seeing Creed was awesome. 2011, Washington DC, my first ever trip to the USA. I purchased pit-tickets, showed up early so i could get front row. Met up with some friends (Lisa, Ameya) and got to know new friends as well. I was front row, only Flip knew I would be there as I would finally meet Flip's parents who i have been in touch with since the early 2000's. When Mark took the stage he noticed me right in front of him and I could read his lips saying "What the F#CK are you doing here?!" with a big ass grin on his face.. he scooted over to Brian's side and guided him over.. resulting in a giant grin on Brians face too.. never seen Brian play this much on the right side of the stage ever.. haha. After the show the Philips family made me their guest so i was able to hang out with the family and talk to the guys. Mr Stapp even had 1 minute of his time to talk to me, then he had to put his kids to bed and disapeared..
All in all it was an awesome night to remember!

. 4x Tremonti, 1 in USA, rest in EU

First time seeing Tremonti happened last year (2012) in NYC. Flew out to NYC to combine holidays in NYC and Boston with catching one of the first Tremonti gigs ever. They played the Highline Ballroom under the Highline on Manhattan. When i showed up at the venue there was this dude who looked familiar, it happens to be a guy who I met in line at an Alter Bridge gig in San Fransisco a year before, Robert Ruark. Was nice catching up with him. Then the guys showed up and Mark introduced me to Wolfy and Garrett, and re-acquainted me with E-Rock who i had met before after the first Creed gig i went to. We went to grab some lunch, had some laughs, etc.. The show was amazing, very small venue, lot of cool people there and an awesome vibe after the gig talking to all these amazing people (like guys from sevendust and like a storm) and meeting even more cool people!!!

. 2x Slash w/ Myles, both in EU

First time seeing Slash w/ Myles was at the Paradiso in Amsterdam, 2010. Showed up early. Went inside when door opened, no rail, so i positioned myself in between the Myles and Slash.. it was a very nice show, sore neck of looking upwards all the time as Slash would literally stand "over" me. If i wished, I could have tied Slash and Myles shoes together.. lol :)
"Sing it, Stijn!"

Jack_The_Riffer
Bought The CDs

Post by Jack_The_Riffer »

Axlar wins.

Jack_The_Riffer
Bought The CDs

Post by Jack_The_Riffer »

For what it's worth;

Alter Bridge - 9 times (not enough)

Tremonti - 1 time

Slash and Myles - 3 times

First saw AB in Newcastle, UK back in 2005 but my best story comes from 2007.

My Dad bought me a guitar for Christmas in 05 and got Mark to sign it for me without me knowing. After Christmas I managed to get hold of Michael Tremonti's email address to thank him for orchastrating the whole thing. He said "next time the guys are in your town, email me again and I'll get you to meet Mark".

So 2 years roll by, AB announce a new tour and I email Michael. Sure enough he sorted the whole thing out for me and 2 friends. I got to watch the whole soundcheck, eat pizza and have a couple of beers with the band over the course of the day (I was only 16 at the time). They give us a bunch of merch and signed everything for us as well. It was probably one of the greatest days of my life =D

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

awesome story Jack!

PS its not a contest, I am grateful i had the opportunity to travel and see them. Also, as i said before, i know some who seen them way more often than I have!
"Sing it, Stijn!"

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Hate these threads. Always turns into a pissing contest with the die hards
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Veno
Brand New Start

Post by Veno »

Only seen Alter Bridge once when they were supporting Disturbed and P.O.D. back in 2008 in Aus/NZ.

Only played 5-6 songs and Myles was pretty sick at the time and the whole night was full of technical issues, still enjoyed it though despite the situation. Was interesting to see them include Mudbone in the setlist which was something like this -

Find the Real
Come to Life
Brand New Start
Buried Alive
Mudbone
Rise Today

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I've seen AB twice (once in Antwerp and once in Brussels) and Slash once (in Brussel).

The first time I was at the rails between Brian and Myles. It was special, because it was the first time, but the second time was a lot better. Myles seemed to be a lot happier, and the sound was better.
Both times I've met them after the show, had a pretty long talk with Brian the second time, because we're both bassists :lol I also met Myles after the Slash show, but it was too crowded to have something that comes close to a conversation. Meeting Slash was cool too!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Andy92 wrote:
uctalum01 wrote:Slash and Myles 11 times
I don't see how anyone would want to see that show 11 times, but I commend you for it nonetheless. :lol
Oh man I wish I could have seen them that many times and then some. Such a tight band and they change their set almost nightly.

Anyways back on topic...I've never seen them. I've mentioned it before but I live in Canada and AB hasn't toured here before. And every time Slash has come around I've been busy with university and other things. I've had a tough break over the years concert-wise.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Chronologically... old Creed twice, AB 7 times, new Creed twice, Slash/Myles once (pre-AL), Tremonti twice (plus the listening party for the album, which wasn't a concert by any means but still a pretty incredible event to be at).

My favorite memory, which I'm sure I've told the story here before, was from the show in Green Bay in 04 (probably the only time you'll ever hear me say "favorite" and "Green Bay" in the same sentence...Skol Vikings!). I'm up on the rail on Mark's side, right in front of him, doing the :rockon thing like we all do. So Mark steps up to the edge of the stage, mid-song, and stops his strumming long enough to reach down and effectively fist-bump me with the horn fists. Cool enough thing on its own, but then after the show, I had been lucky enough to get a couple after-show passes for me and a few friends (back before they did the paid autograph line / meet and greet thing after the shows). Hanging out in the ballroom after the show, I'm standing in this circle of people chatting with Mark and his wife, and Mark motions over towards me, and tells everyone the story of the fist bump. How he said he wasn't really feeling it up there, but he saw me goin "yeaaahhh :rockon " so he thought "yeeeaaahhhh :rockon " and got that energy to keep going. Now I'm sure he was just making that part up, but it was so cool that he was the one to bring up the story and tell everyone. His wife looked rather unimpressed, but that's wives for ya :lol

EDIT - Well shite. Was supposed to tell about the first time, not the favorite time. Oh well.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I've genuinely lost count of how many times I've seen Alter Bridge.. Maybe 19 times? 20?

Tremonti - 4 times

Creed - 0 times

First time I ever saw AB was November 29th 2004 at Manchester Academy 2 (UK). A small hall that held maybe 800-1000 people and I was, i think.. Front row, we lined up from like 1pm and it was freezing cold. They played the whole ODR album and covers.. After the show we stuck around out the back of the venue for ages with a bunch of people and stood talking to the band for a good 45 mins to an hour. People gave them drawings and all kinds of stuff!

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

AB - 2
Tremonti - 2
Creed - 0

My first time seeing AB was in Birmingham, and because i went with Jim it meant i had to queue for about 7 hours, but, being front row at my first ever AB gig was fucking amazing, sang along to every word, throat killed afterwards, think i caught one of Flip's drumsticks aswell, which was amazing for me cus i was learning drums at the time. Wasn't til the second time that i met them, but that was just another Level.

First time i saw Tremonti was in Birmingham also, but a different venue, i chilled out with some friends for the majority of the day then came back to Jim front of queue again, hahaha, win for me. Loudest gig i've ever been to, amazing to see Mark as a front man, absolutely fuckin loved it.

Creed was a bit before my time so i never got to see them live, i mean when alter bridge came about i was only 8 and didnt go to my first one gig of theirs til i was like 14, so no Creed for Tom.

Can't wait to see them again in October, gonna be amazing.