Do you love the album art?

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!

Do you love it?

Yes!
27%
No..
19%
Meh
23%
Maybe
19%
Sucks almost as much as "Addicted to Pain" being a song title does
12%

Total votes: 95

Macca
Greg

Do you love the album art?

Post by Macca »

Do ya?
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Macca
Greg

Re: Do you love the album art?

Post by Macca »

I mean from what I've read so far, fan response has been largely positive, but it always helps to have it in poll form.
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

It's fine. I don't understand this entire shitstorm of hate going on in neighboring threads.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Yeah it's alright.
Thanks Timo!

Dayviewer
Isolated

Post by Dayviewer »

I think it's horrible, I can easily say, as an artist, that there is a ton of things that could have made this better.

Also, for people who are like ''maybe the music will shed(heh.) some light on it'' or ''There will probably be an explanation why it is like that soon'' are not really getting the reason why most people think it's bad, the explanation for it, or ideas behind can only explain the concept of it being a cover with an old shed in a field, which is a perfectly fine concept.

But it's the WAY the concept is executed, which comes over as a very amateur job IMO, you could have the exact same cover, an old shed in a field, with the band's logo and the album title in many more different ways, and tons and tons of better ways at that.
Formerly known as Benjami

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

I wouldn't call it an amateur job, there are thousands of album covers that look milion times worse than Fortress one. It's all about concept and meaning behind, not how much time was spent and how much effort was made in order to create it.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

As much as I want to like it, no.

And Addicted to Pain sounds kinda weird :lol but I'm sure it'll be less cheesy when we've heard the song.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

No, it's just bad. It's a shame too because they could have done a lot with that photo that would have made it look really cool.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Dayviewer wrote:
Also, for people who are like ''maybe the music will shed(heh.) some light on it'' .
I laughed.

BastiMix
Loyal Follower

Post by BastiMix »

It starts to grow on me... I think what I dislike about it the most is the logo being red. If it was white/grey-ish I think it wouldn't look as bad.
Please give them a like :)

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

It reminds me a bit of a poster for a 70s horror film.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Nick_917
Loyal Follower

Post by Nick_917 »

To me, the album art kind of seems like a mixture of MF4’s Fallout cover and the negative space from the Blackbird cover (with a different color scheme and artistic direction of course). It also could have (most likely?) been inspired by the lyrics in Big Verb, “My self-effacing fortress is too weak to withstand the self-assured.” So overall, I like the concept. As for the execution, I don't think it's that bad, but yeah it could have been better. I think the picture of the abandoned shed in the middle of nowhere is fine. It's eerie, I like that kind of stuff. However, the layout and color of the words could have/should have been messed with a little more.
"Whatever takes us away
Will be the same to drive us on."

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

Personally I like it for the most part. The red font is kind of annoying but I'm already getting used to it. I like the vibe of the picture though. I always see abandoned and run down scenes like that way out in the country when I'd be driving and it just has an eeriness and loneliness to it so I can sort of relate to it. I like AB's darker stuff to listen to when I'm out driving on cloudy days and such anyways and I'm sure this album will have a few darker songs like "Show Me a Sign" so it definitely works for me.
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I love it. After knowing the title and seeing all the suggested covers that people put up and for what I had envisioned (something similar to those epic castles) this was shocking, surprising, and far more thought provoking than any of that. And I love that.

I can't wait to hear what the title track is really about.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Nick_917 wrote:To me, the album art kind of seems like a mixture of MF4’s Fallout cover and the negative space from the Blackbird cover (with a different color scheme and artistic direction of course). It also could have (most likely?) been inspired by the lyrics in Big Verb, “My self-effacing fortress is too weak to withstand the self-assured.” So overall, I like the concept. As for the execution, I don't think it's that bad, but yeah it could have been better. I think the picture of the abandoned shed in the middle of nowhere is fine. It's eerie, I like that kind of stuff. However, the layout and color of the words could have/should have been messed with a little more.
I'm with this guy :cheers

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Jim's sig looks better than the cover since the text is gone.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AustinH22
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by AustinH22 »

Someone on this website could have made an album cover a million times better than this.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Austy's sig would be a better album art than this

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

It reminds me of the first part of The Wizard of Oz. I agree that the red text seems a little garish, but I can deal with it. Also, am I the only one who misses the lines across the top and bottom of the "Alter Bridge" logo from the ODR artwork? I wonder if it was subsequently left off due to artist preference or if that was some condition of the Wind-Up buyout that the logo had to be changed in some way?

Overall, I dig it. Also, don't go knocking "Addicted to Pain" till you hear it. Lest we forget the shit parade that " 8) I Know It Hurts " received before ABIII was released.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

That song saved my life