Welcome to TheAlterBridgeNation.com - Introduce yourself!

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Jim
Blood Machines

Re: Welcome to TheAlterBridgeNation.com - Introduce yourself

Post by Jim »

Welcome all!

Interesting to see that many have known AB for years. I like that y'all are finally getting involved here!

Please, stick around

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

(1.) How did you discover Alter Bridge? My brother told me about them when they just came out
(2.) What is the meaning of the username you chose? it's my first name
(3.) How do you spend your free time? In my room watching tv or on my laptop
(4.) What is the name of one other band you enjoy other than AB? Submersed
(5.) What is the title of the last movie you watched? The Exorcism of Emily Rose
(6.) What is something about you that even your closest friends don't know? The type of music that i'm in to

steve987
Bought The CDs

Post by steve987 »

(1.) How did you discover Alter Bridge? - My brother went to see them on the ABIII tour, and lent me the album, and it was love at first listen, I guess I'm a lot more of a newer fan than you lot 0_o
(2.) What is the meaning of the username you chose? - I use it as a username for most things, my name is Steve, and usually I put numbers as the end because 'Steve' is usually taken.
(3.) How do you spend your free time? - Playing guitar, watching TV, playing Skyrim or BF3, going out with mates.
(4.) What is the name of one other band you enjoy other than AB? - Shinedown
(5.) What is the title of the last movie you watched? - Don't really remember:/
(6.) What is something about you that even your closest friends don't know? - Can't think of anything, I'm usually pretty open with people I guess.
"Cause the Sun always sets, The moon always falls, It feels like the end, Just pay no mind at all, Keep rolling, rolling, Life must go on."

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I should pwn you sometime!

Post by zazthespaz »

steve987 wrote:(3.) How do you spend your free time? - Playing guitar, watching TV, playing Skyrim or BF3, going out with mates.
You don't play bf3 on ps3 do you?!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

steve
Brand New Start

Re: Welcome to TheAlterBridgeNation.com - go away!

Post by steve »

steve987 wrote:(1.) How did you discover Alter Bridge? - My brother went to see them on the ABIII tour, and lent me the album, and it was love at first listen, I guess I'm a lot more of a newer fan than you lot 0_o
(2.) What is the meaning of the username you chose? - I use it as a username for most things, my name is Steve, and usually I put numbers as the end because 'Steve' is usually taken.
(3.) How do you spend your free time? - Playing guitar, watching TV, playing Skyrim or BF3, going out with mates.
(4.) What is the name of one other band you enjoy other than AB? - Shinedown
(5.) What is the title of the last movie you watched? - Don't really remember:/
(6.) What is something about you that even your closest friends don't know? - Can't think of anything, I'm usually pretty open with people I guess.
whoops... :shifty sorry bout that...

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Jim wrote:Welcome all!

Interesting to see that many have known AB for years. I like that y'all are finally getting involved here!

Please, stick around
This.

steve987
Bought The CDs

Re: I should pwn you sometime!

Post by steve987 »

zazthespaz wrote:You don't play bf3 on ps3 do you?!
Nah sorry, PC, I have a PS3, but only game I play on it now is Skate 3 :P
steve wrote:whoops... :shifty sorry bout that...
Lmao, :lol
"Cause the Sun always sets, The moon always falls, It feels like the end, Just pay no mind at all, Keep rolling, rolling, Life must go on."

CreamCrazy
Brand New Start

Post by CreamCrazy »

Did this on the old forum, but I might as well do it again! XD

(1.) Through WWE & Edge's theme music, simple as.
(2.) I was on a Cream the Rabbit forum in 2005, & decided my username based on my liking of the character; it has stuck with me ever since.
(3.) Listening to music, Making Youtube videos, Surfing the internet
(4.) Rush, simply one of the best bands ever
(5.) Red Lights, damn good movie
(6.) I like cute things... >_<

tRuth Alone
Brand New Start

Post by tRuth Alone »

Hello everyone!

Ok Here goes:.
(1) How did you discover Alter Bridge? About this time last year when I was offered a ticket to see them at Wembley (Nov 11). Thought I had better get to know some of their material before I went - was hooked from then on.
(2.) What is the meaning of the username you chose? I always struggle with User names for this sort of thing so looked for inspiration from my favourite AB track of all time - "Words Darker Than Their Wings"
(3.) How do you spend your free time? Listening to music mostly
(4.) What is the name of one other band you enjoy other than AB? Dream Theater
(5.) What is the title of the last movie you watched? Unknown (thats the film with Liam Neeson - not a statement of fact!)
(6.) What is something about you that even your closest friends don't know? NO! they know it all

BTW love these : :mkrules :mtrocks

& love all the great artwork going on here!

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Welcome!! Get stuck in, we love new members!

10topprs
Bought The CDs

Post by 10topprs »

Well, been a member for years... been away for a bit but I'm back... never did this before so guess now is as good a time as any, and may as well re-introduce myself... ha!

(1.) How did you discover Alter Bridge?
I was a huge Creed follower from the beginning... fan since the Blue Collar days and when the band split, I followed Marks guitar...

(2.) What is the meaning of the username you chose?
There's nothing more beautiful than a 10-Top PRS :)

(3.) How do you spend your free time?
Hangin' with the wife and kids or running my freelance design business... I work for Hemme, Jeff Hanson, Five Mile Drive, and Premier Studios NY just to name a few (shameless name-dropper lol)

(4.) What is the name of one other band you enjoy other than AB?
LOVE Times of Grace

(5.) What is the title of the last movie you watched?
Ghostbusters (cause who ya gonna call??)

(6.) What is something about you that even your closest friends don't know?
Seriously? I'm an open book...

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

10topprs wrote:Well, been a member for years... been away for a bit but I'm back...
Welcome back bro! :cheers

10topprs
Bought The CDs

Post by 10topprs »

JaredWard wrote:
10topprs wrote:Well, been a member for years... been away for a bit but I'm back...
Welcome back bro! :cheers

Thanks man! :headbang

Desi
Brand New Start

Post by Desi »

Hey guys... just thought I could also add some informations about myself... so, here ya go :D :

How did you discover Alter Bridge?

Well... that´s really simple: after I figured out that Creed broke up, I just followed the rest of the guys from the band. But initially it was hard for me to get used to hear a quite different voice in the songs... I mean, Myles´ voice, of course... I remember that back then (the first time I heard the ODR) I was like: well, music and the guitar sound is awesome, it sounds almost like the follow-up to "Weathered" with adding some new heavier riffs, but the vocals...
Well... I just tried to say that from the first I was not a big fan of Myles´ voice, but with time it has grown on me. :)

What is the meaning of the username you chose?

That´s also simple :D: It´s just the short version of the name Desdemona. I chose that name after I saw "O" (Othello) movie in 2002. I liked that movie so I thought it was cool name - it was short and easy rememberable.

How do you spend your free time?

I´m listening to music, writing lyrics, singing and dancing - those are the hobbies I prefer the most, but I also like reading books, walking, travelling, playing sports, drawing...

What is the name of one other band you enjoy other than AB?

Well... I would originally say Creed, but since they have 3 of 4 members the same... So... Lifehouse is a band I also like listening to, then.

What is the title of the last movie you watched?

Hmm... I have to think a little... :D Does the TV movie also count? :D I guess so... it was The Devil's Arithmetic, really terrifying movie.

What is something about you that even your closest friends don't know?

I... like walking inside my house and being totally naked. :D ´Cause I feel free and comfortable like that, even though I´m a girl and my body is not perfect.
02.06. 2011 - Ursynalia Warsaw Student Festival. My first AB show!

artistbittner
Brand New Start

Post by artistbittner »

1.) How did you discover Alter Bridge? I was ( or I used to be a hardcore Creed woman) in the '90s early 2000s. I loved Tremonti's picking and guitar solo on "My Sacrifice," and that's how I was originally looped in. Over time, though, I grew to become dissatisfied with Scott Stapp's pretentious and over-exaggerated singing. Then, near the end, I watched a video with him drunk on stage at one of their concerts, and I just quit listening to Creed. When AB formed, I did all the things a fangirl does, I guess. I bought ODR when it first came out. I loved it. I still love this band, with Myles on vocals. I have been tracking with AB, ever since.
(2.) What is the meaning of the username you chose? Ok. I used to be drawing an awful lot, with graphite pencil. I also did a lot of pointilism, and pen and ink drawings. I am detail-oriented. So the "artist" comes from that. The "bittner" is my own, given last name.
(3.) How do you spend your free time? You mean, besides browsing the internet, because everybody and their grandma does that these days? Um, trying to find a way to read all the books I want to read, listen to all the music I want to hear (including AB), and brainstorming for ideas that could be used as the seeds of plot in a story. ( Yeah, the artist part of me writes stories as well). I need to go back to playing my guitar. I was raised on classical piano, and though I have made the jump to strings, life and art ain't easy to keep up (find the time for it all).
(4.) What is the name of one other band you enjoy other than AB? I also love Sigur Ros, a band out of Iceland. Anybody on here know them? Love them?
(5.) What is the title of the last movie you watched? Hmm. Isenhart. It was a medieval/medical thriller type thingy, that was a fantasy film out of Germany. Dubbed in English. Actor's lips did not fit the English, lol. It was great, as I go for the weird. Before that, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. I daresay, that was definitely more mainstream.
(6.) What is something about you that even your closest friends don't know? I need to do more sit-ups, very soon.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Hey guys, my name is Drew, and I'm an AB-a-holic. AB III has literally only left my 6 disc changer once since November 2010 (when my wife put in Kids Bop or someting during a long road trip). I quickly reprimanded her and ended up spending a cold night or two by myself.

I was a Creed fan back in the day, and always liked the band (Stapp not so much). AB was a natural progression.

It's a RPG thing.

Watching/coaching baseball. Listening to badass music.

Sevendust, Megadeth, Chevelle

Aliens

I play Tremonti's solos on my steering wheel while driving down empty highways.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

fenix88
Brand New Start

Post by fenix88 »

Hey all, I'm Zack. Love AB, have everything since album 1, sometimes to the chagrin of my bank account. ABIII is one of the CDs on regular rotation in my car.

Casual creed fan back in the day. Heard about Alter Bridge the summer immediately after Myles was recuited and Open Your Eyes was released as a single. Heard the song and was blown away. That summer i was on a bike trip (as in bicycle not motorbike) summer camp trip throughout part of Quebec, and during one of the layover days in Montreal, i bought ODR. After the trip ended, i had to spend an extra night at the camp's HQ based on when my folks could get my flight back scheduled, so that night the staff at the camp and i listened to the first 4 tracks on ODR. I was chomping at the bit to listen to the rest when i got home and loved it when i finally did.

It's a purposefully mis-spelling of one of my favorite mythological animals followed by my birth year.

Listening to music, exercise, collecting Transformers. Also, as of now i'm preparing to start graduate school in mid-August.

Chevelle, 10 years, dragonforce, some stuff from Foxy Shazam and the Daylights

Honestly, i don't remember.

Now, why would i post that on the internet to be immortalized?

ElGuappe
Brand New Start

Post by ElGuappe »

1. From the breakup of Creed
2. Its my nickname...comes from the 3 amigo's lol
3. I don't have much free time. Work around 55 hours a week...GM @ Domino's
4. U2
5. 21 Jump Street
6. I wish I could SHREAD!!!!

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Welcome all. Relax; stay a while.

Scarface
White Knuckled

Post by Scarface »

10topprs wrote: (2.) There's nothing more beautiful than a 10-Top PRS :)
Completely agree.

I got into creed when I was really young (I was born in '95) because my mom would always listen to them. I have ended up liking all of the stuff she listens to (she brought my sister and I, who is one year younger than me, to a Foreigner concert when I was around 4. I'm talking about 80's and early 90's music). But anyway, I went to the library one day when I was 10 and started looking for random music under pop/rock and ended up only getting One Day Remains...and I loved it! When I got older and started to use the internet more I started following the things they were doing, especially Mark.

Scarface is definitely in my top 3 movies of all time. I also loved the ps2 game

I love to play guitar. I'm constantly looking things up about guitars, both trying to get my chops up and my knowledge of theory. I recently took a guitar class at school (High School) and I did the best in the class (99.4% :D ), but to be fair, I had been playing for about 2 1/2 years by then. I've recently gotten into mythology, so whenever I have absolutely nothing to do I'll start reading Gods and Heroes of Greek Mthology. I also watch T.V. and play video games (specifically Call of Duty and Gears of War).

I absolutely LOVE the Scorpions!

Futurama: Bender's Game

I want to be a Luthier, specifically to make guitars, but I'm afraid that the business won't be good and I won't be able to make a living off of that, but I also would love to work for Name brand guitar companies like Fender, Gibson, and if my dreams come true...Paul Reed Smith (right now they are hiring an entry level production sander, but I haven't even finished High school yet and that facility is in Stevensville MD). Does anyone happen to know if they have any facilities anywhere else besides Maryland? If it's one kind of art I love, it's the art that Paul portrays through his instruments and their look, feel, and sound. I can't help but to want to be a part of that...Other than that, I don't know what I want to do when I get older, because I easily get the hang of things that I do and there are SOOO many things that I feel I can and would love to do.