Welcome to TheAlterBridgeNation.com - Introduce yourself!

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: Welcome to TheAlterBridgeNation.com - Introduce yourself!

Post by gbruin »

Well it's about time!

;)

Welcome back!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

AnybodyListening.net
Brand New Start

Post by AnybodyListening.net »

Hey people. I joined the forum a couple years back, but didn't really post much (I tend to lurk). But in the excitement of pre-ordering the Royal Albert Hall release, I figured why not.

So here are some details on my "fandom" of AB:

Discovered them through a friend in 2004, right as ODR was released. A buddy sent me an mp3 of Metalingus, and I was immediately hooked and bought the album. AB didn't come through my neck of the woods on the ODR tour, which sucked. But I've seen them five times (all headline appearances):

Blackbird - 1x (Spokane)
AB III - 2x (Seattle, San Francisco)
Fortress - 1x (San Francisco)
TLH - 1x (Spokane)

Some of my favorite tracks:

ODR - The End is Here, Metalingus, ODR, In Loving Memory (for the same exact reason Mark wrote it)
Blackbird - Blackbird, Ties That Bind, Wayward One
AB III - Words Darker Than Their Wings, Show Me a Sign, Slip to the Void
Fortress - Cry of Achilles, Fortress, Calm the Fire
TLH - Cradle to the Grave, Show Me a Leader, My Champion

Favorite bands of all-time: Queensryche (the original lineup), Fates Warning (Alder-era), Alter Bridge. Many more, but those are the top-three for sure.

Anyway, I mostly lurk, but I'm around. Really looking forward to the new live album, and eventually, a new AB studio record.

:cheers

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

AnybodyListening.net wrote:Hey people. I joined the forum a couple years back, but didn't really post much (I tend to lurk). But in the excitement of pre-ordering the Royal Albert Hall release, I figured why not.

So here are some details on my "fandom" of AB:

Discovered them through a friend in 2004, right as ODR was released. A buddy sent me an mp3 of Metalingus, and I was immediately hooked and bought the album. AB didn't come through my neck of the woods on the ODR tour, which sucked. But I've seen them five times (all headline appearances):

Blackbird - 1x (Spokane)
AB III - 2x (Seattle, San Francisco)
Fortress - 1x (San Francisco)
TLH - 1x (Spokane)

Some of my favorite tracks:

ODR - The End is Here, Metalingus, ODR, In Loving Memory (for the same exact reason Mark wrote it)
Blackbird - Blackbird, Ties That Bind, Wayward One
AB III - Words Darker Than Their Wings, Show Me a Sign, Slip to the Void
Fortress - Cry of Achilles, Fortress, Calm the Fire
TLH - Cradle to the Grave, Show Me a Leader, My Champion

Favorite bands of all-time: Queensryche (the original lineup), Fates Warning (Alder-era), Alter Bridge. Many more, but those are the top-three for sure.

Anyway, I mostly lurk, but I'm around. Really looking forward to the new live album, and eventually, a new AB studio record.

:cheers
Yes, a fellow Rycher! Welcome! QR doesn't get enough love around here, which has always been a bit surprising to me since I feel there are a lot of similarities between the two bands. I've been a massive fan from the start (which shows my age - meh) and had the EP on vinyl even before The Warning was released. Operation: Mindcrime might be the greatest album of all time, and Take Hold Of The Flame is still one of my top 5 songs ever. That original lineup with DeGarmo and a young Geoff was incredible, but I love that Todd can keep their original sound alive and that the band is still making new music. Really looking forward to their next one.

Great to see you here! :rockon :cheers

AnybodyListening.net
Brand New Start

Post by AnybodyListening.net »

gbruin wrote:
Yes, a fellow Rycher! Welcome! QR doesn't get enough love around here, which has always been a bit surprising to me since I feel there are a lot of similarities between the two bands. I've been a massive fan from the start (which shows my age - meh) and had the EP on vinyl even before The Warning was released. Operation: Mindcrime might be the greatest album of all time, and Take Hold Of The Flame is still one of my top 5 songs ever. That original lineup with DeGarmo and a young Geoff was incredible, but I love that Todd can keep their original sound alive and that the band is still making new music. Really looking forward to their next one.

Great to see you here! :rockon :cheers
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, there are, to my ears, many similarities between the original QR and AB. Myles is essentially Tate/DeGarmo, whereas Mark is Wilton. Great balance of hard rock/metal, some prog and moody moments. Good stuff. If you're a diehard of QR's original lineup like I am, take a peek at my site when you have time. Hopefully it'll be something you'll enjoy reading.

See ya on the boards!

AngusWolfe
Bought The CDs

Post by AngusWolfe »

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,

Long time lurker, first time poster around here, there's a few topics going at the moment that were irresistible to join in with, what with RAH about to drop, Myles and Mark's latest solo ventures, AB VI anticipation starting, new Slash album, it's a good time to be a fan of these boys. To answer your questions:

(1.) How did you discover Alter Bridge?
Like many others, the first time I heard Alter Bridge was Metalingus on a WWE show, but shortly after, Blackbird came out and that's what really got me hooked.

(2.) What is the meaning of the username you chose?
It was the result of one of those "What's your rockstar name?" quizzes on the internet back in the day, and I just kept using it as an internet alias.

(3.) How do you spend your free time?
Making music. I'm a guitarist in a band and we're looking to release an EP later in the year/early next year. I also enjoy travelling and reading.

(4.) What is the name of one other band you enjoy other than AB?
The band I'm most hyped for at the moment is Toska. they've just put out their first Music Video in anticipation of their debut album coming soon. Very excited for that.

(5.) What is the title of the last movie you watched?
The last new film I watched was First Reformed, an interesting thing about a priest and a climate change activist. Not great but interesting enough. The last film I watched was In Bruges, It's 10 years old this year and it changed my attitude to cinema and film completely. I went on a weekend trip to Bruges last week and it seemed the ideal time to watch it again.

(6.) What is something about you that even your closest friends don't know?
I'm struggling to think of anything for this, I'm quite open about most things. I guess I don't really talk much about how I still watch Wrestling, but I don't really hide it either.

BrandNewStart
Brand New Start

Post by BrandNewStart »

(1.) How did you discover Alter Bridge? I listened to World On Fire by Slash last year and I was amazed from the vocals. I eventually listened to the whole album and it became my life. I later found out that Myles Kennedy was part of a band named Alter Bridge and I decided to listen to them. My first song was Addicted To Pain and it continued from there. Favourite album is Blackbird, I still remember first listening to that album, it was amazing.
(2.) What is the meaning of the username you chose? One of my favourite songs from Alter Bridge, lyrics resonate with me and it is a great song
(3.) How do you spend your free time? Playing guitar, exercising and reading
(4.) What is the name of one other band you enjoy other than AB? Megadeth
(5.) What is the title of the last movie you watched? Inglourious Basterds
(6.) What is something about you that even your closest friends don't know? Idk, I can't think of anything

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

Hello guys newbie here big fan of anything Mark or Myles [ obviously ] lol

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

LosingPatience wrote:Hello guys newbie here big fan of anything Mark or Myles [ obviously ] lol
Welcome!

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

AB4Lyfe wrote:
LosingPatience wrote:Hello guys newbie here big fan of anything Mark or Myles [ obviously ] lol
Welcome!

Thanks champ, appreciate that.Im an Aussie myself grew up with Van Halen, Metallica [ wish i knew about Mayfield Four back then ] and just dig Alter Bridge my current #1 band

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Welcome, LP! Always good to get someone new here! The site is a bit mellow right now but this place will pick up as the boys get to the studio in a couple months. TABN gets really fun during the album recording/release process!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

gbruin wrote:Welcome, LP! Always good to get someone new here! The site is a bit mellow right now but this place will pick up as the boys get to the studio in a couple months. TABN gets really fun during the album recording/release process!
I hope it gets “Fortress” busy again.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

gbruin wrote:Welcome, LP! Always good to get someone new here! The site is a bit mellow right now but this place will pick up as the boys get to the studio in a couple months. TABN gets really fun during the album recording/release process!

Thanks gbruin im sure i can concoct some controversy to get people talking lol

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

LosingPatience wrote:

Thanks gbruin im sure i can concoct some controversy to get people talking lol
lol You're already fitting right in!

TaurusSteve
Brand New Start

Post by TaurusSteve »

Hi I'm a new member today! The song that got me into them was "Down To My Last". :rockon

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

(1.) How did you discover Alter Bridge? I was a carryover from the Creed days.
(2.) What is the meaning of the username you chose? I just love this song (the end is here) as it contains all the hallmarks of alter bridge (meaningful lyrics, epic journey, mark's great intro, soaring chorus, epic bridge, shows myles range, cool riffs)
(3.) How do you spend your free time? Listening to rock music,
(4.) What is the name of one other band you enjoy other than AB? Tremonti, Creed, Adelita's Way, Blackstone Cherry, Rival Sons, Ghost, Pop Evil, Halestorm, Shinedown
(5.) What is the title of the last movie you watched? Lego Movie 2
(6.) What is something about you that even your closest friends don't know? I want to learn to play guitar.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Welcome to Taurus and TheEndIsHere! Great to see some new people here.

It's gonna get exciting this summer!!

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

Steve either drives a Taurus or is born in april/may... :D
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

Sugar Blade
Bought The CDs

Post by Sugar Blade »

I see several people are back from decade long abscence. New album already doing it's magic, even if we haven't heard a single note from it yet.

malgus73
Brand New Start

Post by malgus73 »

Hi everyone!

I first discovered Myles through his project with Slash but never really listened to his other stuff. I then really became a fan of Alter Bridge when they released The Last Hero and have been hooked since.
Malcolm Young + Angus Young + the year AC/DC were founded.
Playing guitar and listening to music.
AC/DC.
I'm not sure but I think it was Clear and Present Danger.
Hard to think of something. Probably just how obsessed I can become with some of my interests.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

malgus73 wrote:Hi everyone!

I first discovered Myles through his project with Slash but never really listened to his other stuff. I then really became a fan of Alter Bridge when they released The Last Hero and have been hooked since.
Malcolm Young + Angus Young + the year AC/DC were founded.
Playing guitar and listening to music.
AC/DC.
I'm not sure but I think it was Clear and Present Danger.
Hard to think of something. Probably just how obsessed I can become with some of my interests.
Welcome to TABN, Malgus :wave