Welcome to TheAlterBridgeNation.com - Introduce yourself!

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AHart96
Rise Today

Re: Welcome to TheAlterBridgeNation.com - Introduce yourself

Post by AHart96 »

I've only been on this site for about a week, so I figured I'd post a response. Long time Alter Bridge fan, so I'm happy to be here with other diehard AB fans, considering I'm one of the only people in SC, USA who knows they exist.

(1.) How did you discover Alter Bridge?
Through WWE. I loved Edge's theme song, however I didnt know it was AB. I didn't actually discover them until I was 11 years old when WWE used Rise Today (my favorite song) as the theme song for Unforgiven 2007. This is the song that got me hooked on Alter Bridge.

(2.) What is the meaning of the username you chose?
A is my first initial (Andrew), Hart is my last name, and 96 is the year I was born

(3.) How do you spend your free time?
Playing guitar, writing music, watching sports, working out, and hanging out with friends.

(4.) What is the name of one other band you enjoy other than AB?
Creed

(5.) What is the title of the last movie you watched?
The Conjuring

(6.) What is something about you that even your closest friends don't know?
Other than being a WWE fan, nothing really. Im honest about everything
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Welcome!

So are you based out of South Carolina or Long Island?

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

abw1987 wrote:Welcome!

So are you based out of South Carolina or Long Island?
Thanks! Currently in South Carolina, but I spent the majority of my life in Long Island
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Lenishere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lenishere »

What's up, everyone! My name's Len (obviously). I'm a huge AB fan, extremely excited to hear Fortress. As with the person above me, I'm probably one of the few people in Michigan who know Alter Bridge exists.

I remember being younger and hearing Creed on the radio, and loving the strong melodies the songs possessed. I eventually started discovering other songs by them and that led to listening to entire albums by them. This was around 2008 and led into 2009, when they announced they were reuniting to record a new album. This made me more interested into the band, and led me to discover they were in this other band entitled "Alter Bridge." I ended up listening to Open Your Eyes, and although I liked the song, I didn't understand the hype they received at first. Time passed on, and while listening to Full Circle, I noticed people were saying certain elements reminded them of Alter Bridge. This led me into giving AB another chance, to try and understand the hype. I ended up listening to a few of their singles, including Rise Today and Ties That Bind. The songs grew on me, and I started to understand why people liked them. Not long after that, I discovered the masterpiece Blackbird...I remember listening to it, not sure if I liked what I was hearing, and then the chorus started. There were feelings inside me I couldn't describe. It was honestly one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had listening to a song. More time passed and I discovered they were about to release a new album (AB3). I listened to WDTTW and Isolation, and again I was more than impressed. When the album showed up on YouTube, I listened to the entire album and from there, the rest in history. It led me to listen to every other song they released and to this day I am a hardcore fan. Sorry if that went a bit long :)
I'll keep this section short. Basically I'm saying I'm here on this website. Pretty dumb, I know lol.
I'm an artist/singer/lyricist/director/actor. Basically anything creative I can tackle, I will. I was the lead vocalist in a band for a couple years, currently looking on and off to start a new band. I love singing, and take a HUGE liking in sing AB songs. I know this might sound cheesy and/or cocky, but my vocal style is actually very similar to Myles. That could be in part due to the impression AB left on me, but in a strange way my voice partly developed this way naturally. I currently run a YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCclZqBDwmNpn5-a4RwsJtog) that posts videos every week, and I'm in college, looking to get my Bachelor's and do something in Media Art. My friends are of course a big part of my life, and I have a couple who ALSO love Alter Bridge :)
Oh God, I love music in general so I there's a lot of choose from, but just picking one I guess I would say Shinedown. But definitely not the only style of music I listen to lol.
We're the Millers. I watch a lot of movies. Seeing Kick-Ass 2 at the midnight release.
I would say my closest friends know just about everything about me, but maybe they don't know how much I've been reading these forums to find out more information about FORTRESS. Oh God, I need help haha.

In closure, it's good to be in a community full of AB fans, and can't wait for the release of NEW AB! WOO!

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

Hey Len, welcome to the forum! I, myself, wanted to try Myles' vocal style but I think it won't be developed that way. I'm still trying to figure out my own sound (vocally and instrumentally). I would check your channel in a while 'cause my internet connection is slow.

Anyway, again, welcome! :cheers

Lenishere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lenishere »

DivCruz wrote:Hey Len, welcome to the forum! I, myself, wanted to try Myles' vocal style but I think it won't be developed that way. I'm still trying to figure out my own sound (vocally and instrumentally). I would check your channel in a while 'cause my internet connection is slow.

Thanks, and nice to meet you! It sort of just happened on its own. Once I discovered more of my range, and after listening to Alter Bridge so much, it just happened. Lol I remember when I first showed Alter Bridge to one of my best friends he was like, "Bro that sounds just like you!" Some day soon I'll post a cover of an Alter Bridge for everyone to check out and you guys can be the judge lol.

Also, thank you for checking out my YouTube channel. It's basically a sketch video channel. Subscribe if you like what you see! :headbang

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

Lenishere wrote:
DivCruz wrote:Hey Len, welcome to the forum! I, myself, wanted to try Myles' vocal style but I think it won't be developed that way. I'm still trying to figure out my own sound (vocally and instrumentally). I would check your channel in a while 'cause my internet connection is slow.

Thanks, and nice to meet you! It sort of just happened on its own. Once I discovered more of my range, and after listening to Alter Bridge so much, it just happened. Lol I remember when I first showed Alter Bridge to one of my best friends he was like, "Bro that sounds just like you!" Some day soon I'll post a cover of an Alter Bridge for everyone to check out and you guys can be the judge lol.

Also, thank you for checking out my YouTube channel. It's basically a sketch video channel. Subscribe if you like what you see! :headbang
Alright! I'd really be looking forward to your cover! :peace

Scarface
White Knuckled

Post by Scarface »

Lenishere wrote:I'm probably one of the few people in Michigan who know Alter Bridge exists.
What part of Michigan are you from?

Lenishere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lenishere »

DivCruz wrote:
Lenishere wrote:

Alright! I'd really be looking forward to your cover! :peace
Nice! Not sure where I can post it on here when I do make it, but that's something to figure out later lol

Lenishere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lenishere »

Scarface wrote:
Lenishere wrote:I'm probably one of the few people in Michigan who know Alter Bridge exists.
What part of Michigan are you from?
Actually, I'm sort of near Detroit. I live in a city called Roseville which is basically right above it, so that should give you a pretty good idea. It's awesome to me that my favorite bands name is from an actual place in Michigan that isn't TOO far from where I live. But literally no one I know (besides the ones I introduced) has heard of Alter Bridge. It's such a shame. Hopefully Fortress can change that at least somewhat.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

Len, did you attend the AB performance at the Detroit All Star Game a few years back?
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

Lenishere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lenishere »

axlar wrote:Len, did you attend the AB performance at the Detroit All Star Game a few years back?
:( I wasn't aware such a thing happened! I wasn't able to attend any AB shows in the past due to me not having a ride, and/or not having someone come with me, but now that I have a car and know someone else who is a fan, I am for sure making it to the show they play in Michigan! Me and my friend would have went to the Florida show if we had the money! Lol

Suvi
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Suvi »

Hi everybody! I'm Suvi and live in Finland. I'm wondering if I happen to be the northest fan of Alter Bridge living in the arctic circle :) I´m so happy I learned to know AB last winter. If there wasn't Slash I propaply wouldn't have ever known about Alter Bridge. Waiting Fortress and october 29th when I go to Stockholm for AB concert and meet&greet!! Hopefully they some day will get fans from Finland enough to come here to play... Sorry my bad English ;)

As a teenager I was a Guns n' Roses fan (not that Axl&pals but the old GNR). Last winter I saw Slash with Myles and the Conspirators in concert here in Finland. Before that I bought the Apocalyptic Love and ever since I have loved their music and Myles' voice. I wanted to learn more about this great singer and that's how I finally found Alter Bridge. And I love it :)

It's my first name. It's Finnish and means "summer" in English.

What free time? Having three little kids I don't have so much free time but when I have I listen music, walk in the forest (I live almost in the middle of forest) or go to gym.

Slash

Not sure about the name of it but there were Viggo Mortensen and Ashley Judd.

My closest friend knows me so well that I have to say nothing.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

@Len. That's too bad. They also did a gig across the street for tiger stadium that week. Piazza and Damon took the stage with them, as they did at the performance before the HRderby. I sure footage of that performance still can be rounds somewhere. Lol

@Suvi, welcome! Mitä kuuluu?
"Sing it, Stijn!"

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

axlar wrote:@Len. That's too bad. They also did a gig across the street for tiger stadium that week. Piazza and Damon took the stage with them, as they did at the performance before the HRderby. I sure footage of that performance still can be rounds somewhere. Lol
I wish I already lived in Boston at this point! Would have been awesome! Although I probably would have cared more if I was actually a Red Sox fan :lol

This is all I could fin on YouTube:
[youtube]http://youtu.be/J75YPfL-ngc[/youtube]

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

@Alex, well Damon is a very good friend (also a neighbour if i remember correctly) for Mark, so i guess that helped him get on stage with him?!
Still think its pretty cool though! Two of m faveorite things combine: Alter Bridge and baseball!
"Sing it, Stijn!"

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

Guess I haven't really introduced myself properly. Here we go. Now you will know me. Are you ready *Scott Stapp voice*? Here it goes. I will now begin to speak.

1) Already loved Creed. Heard the members formed this band called Alter Bridge with a guy named Myles Kennedy. Saw Blackbird in a store...wasn't actually looking for it. Decided to buy it...well, it floored me. And that led to me buying and listening to everything AB.

2) My name is Josh Parker...a friend one day called me Posh Jarker. It stuck, and i embrace it, like a child rediscovering his mother's love after a crying fit. The "is"? I dunno

3) Playing guitar, listening to music, thinking about music, music, imagining that I'm the guitarist in awesome bands, music...also, i like to draw mangos, speak with inanimate objects, and fight crime. All the same.

4) DMB

5) Ever After. Just kidding, no. It was Lord of the Rings TT

6) I was born at the bottom of a well...I was trapped down there with my mother for a few months. I almost died. True story.
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

Welcome to TABN, Posh Jarker! :lol :cheers

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

DivCruz wrote:Welcome to TABN, Posh Jarker! :lol :cheers

Thanks. It's good to finally be here.
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

poshisjarker wrote:6) I was born at the bottom of a well...I was trapped down there with my mother for a few months. I almost died. True story.
:eek