UK Release of Fortress

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: UK Release of Fortress

Post by anguyen92 »

Andy92 wrote:No, no, this is awesome. We'll be able to hear it once it's out there.

Fingers crossed somewhere gets it in August.
You can do that if you want, man.

I intend to have 1st listen the moment I actually buy that album and the chances are doing that gets lowered if it gets released somewhere else in the world at an early date.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Aus gets it on the 27th. yay!

BloodRedHalo
Bought The CDs

Post by BloodRedHalo »

Fortress released in the U.K & Ireland 5 days after my birthday :D , that's my present to myself sorted then :rockon

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Business wise this doesn't really make sense to me and I really want this album to do well in the charts. But if I can hear this album the 13th already, I will.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

13th!?? Can't be right surely

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Who gives a fuck about charts, it's still gonna do better than 90% of bands out there do, regardless of release date.
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Ahh Macca.. Always looking on the bright side.. Kinda.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Whilst I agree with Macca, I have to say that it'd really bug me if they don't do well on US Billboard 200... I'm sure they'll hit #1 on every other chart.

Both BB and AB3 didn't do so well, BB peaked at #13 and AB3 peaked at #17 if I remember correctly.
So, if Fortress doesn't make it in the top 10, it'd really suck, meaning half (if not more) out of a million AB fans downloaded Fortress...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ehhhh, it's not like it is going to mean anything in the long-run. I'm already going to be buying Fortress on the 1st week no matter what anyway. I just hope everyone else, that is a fan of AB and lives in the States, has that mentality, but sadly, not really.

Still, the people will come to the shows, if there will ever be a Americas tour announced.

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

Alter Bridge Soundwave 2014 Lineup Rumours @Merinda

http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/news/tournew ... umours.htm

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Torsten wrote:Alter Bridge Soundwave 2014 Lineup Rumours @Merinda

http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/news/tournew ... umours.htm
Hmmmm, I wonder how Myles can handle double-duty in something like this? Though, it could be easier for him since AB would get like 8-10 songs and Slash/Myles/Conspirators would get 14-16 songs if that plays out.
A good place to start would be legendary guitarist Slash, who has been chased for the event but would need his singer, Myles Kennedy, in order to take part – so what better way to wrangle him than to book Kennedy’s other band Alter Bridge.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

General sales and tour tickets are more important to rock bands in 2013, not chart positions. Obviously chart positions reflect record sales, but in comparison to the shit out there nowadays; its the touring and merch sales that the band ultimately rely on nowadays.. Having said that, they're not part of a global record label that will steal 75% of their earnings this time.. Fingers crossed they do well financially from this one..

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

Jim wrote:General sales and tour tickets are more important to rock bands in 2013, not chart positions. Obviously chart positions reflect record sales, but in comparison to the shit out there nowadays; its the touring and merch sales that the band ultimately rely on nowadays.. Having said that, they're not part of a global record label that will steal 75% of their earnings this time.. Fingers crossed they do well financially from this one..
Amen

prslover
TABN.com Citizen

Re: UK Release

Post by prslover »

AustinH22 wrote:Yea Jim I was thinking the same thing since I'll be at the show on Oct 4! How am I going to know the songs that they'll play from the album if it hadn't been released yet?

Ya I've dealt with this pretty much every record. I don't really like it because sometimes its hard to remember the new songs after the show, you remember you heard them and elements of the songs but its hard to absorb it all on first listen. I remember when they did the Blackbird show and I heard that song but it was so immense and I was so excited that it was hard to absorb.
Oh well , October 4, ITS ON!!!

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

I won't lie, I really hate the US being last with AB material/tours all the time. I understand some of the reasons (such as the UK being the more prominent fanbase) but it still bothers me. The US gets this album dead last this time. I'll still be preordering it, but I'm not waiting for it to come out over here to finally listen to it.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Eh, I'm not too worried about how the different release dates will affect sales. The douches who pirate will download it either way. The real fans will buy it either way -- even if they've already heard it -- to support the band.

Like someone else mentioned, I imagine they'll stream it online first. Which is kind of a shame because I'll be sooooo tempted to listen to it, but I hate listening to low-quality audio.
Jim wrote:So this is a week before their one-off USA show too... Wonder how the fans over there will work with the lack of officially released record
I had this thought myself. But then I realized that they'll probably only play a few new songs, so we'll still know most of the old material. It'll be like the Underworld show (!!) when they played "White Knuckles", and afterwards no one had a clue what had just happened.

Jack_The_Riffer
Bought The CDs

Post by Jack_The_Riffer »

I'll do anything and everything to hear any song, snippet or note before the album comes out, but come release day I'll be the first one in the queue to buy a copy.

I even downloaded the stream of ABIII that was leaked on a German site a week before it's release last time =P

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

abw1987 wrote:It'll be like the Underworld show (!!) when they played "White Knuckles", and afterwards no one had a clue what had just happened.
YES!!!! Oh man I'm so glad you were there to share that with us! Only like 3 people in the crowd had heard anything. White Knuckles and Blackbird hit SO hard