Avoid listening to album before release?

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: Avoid listening to album before release?

Post by gbruin »

The Psycosquirrel No Spoilers No Interviews No Reviews No H damnit! Thread.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

hahahaha yes! I'll just post back and forth to myself while everyone else is enjoying the leaks.

I did the same thing for Assassins Creed 3. Did a 100% media "blackout". I didn't know a damn thing about until I played it. Now, AC3 sucked big time and it wasn't worth it... but I'm hoping the record will have a different outcome. lol

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I was gonna say...the AC3 thing probably didn't make a big difference in hindsight. :lol I didn't know anything about it either going in, and I thought it was the worst in the series.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

K, we need to make a list.

On one side, there will be members who will listen to the album before its release... and on the other, those who will NOT listen to the album before its release...

I guess Timo and Psyco (wow that sounds like a good Tag Team name :lol) are the only ones who will NOT listen to anything until the official release. :lol

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:hahahaha yes! I'll just post back and forth to myself while everyone else is enjoying the leaks.

I did the same thing for Assassins Creed 3. Did a 100% media "blackout". I didn't know a damn thing about until I played it. Now, AC3 sucked big time and it wasn't worth it... but I'm hoping the record will have a different outcome. lol
*sigh* Assassin's Creed 3 had one of the least satisfying endings of any game that I've ever played. What the heck were they thinking! :slam

I don't know that I'm gonna be able to go 100% blind into the next AB album, I'll probably read a couple descriptions of some of the songs. So maybe 97% blind then...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Decay wrote: I guess Timo and Psyco (wow that sounds like a good Tag Team name :lol) are the only ones who will NOT listen to anything until the official release. :lol
Count me in as well. If I'm going to listen to this album, I'm going to do this as old-school as I possibly can with this one.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I'd like to keep my ears closed until its released too. Out of respect for the work they've put into it

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

VigilantSteve wrote: *sigh* Assassin's Creed 3 had one of the least satisfying endings of any game that I've ever played. What the heck were they thinking! :slam
I have a theory that they ran out of ideas and just wanted to move the series in a different direction. They pretty much admitted they didn't expect Kristen Bell to not renew her contract, and that got the planned story off track.

Anyways, I don't much of a problem listening to an official single. If I have any will power left I'll avoid 30 second previews and whatnot.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

Andy92 wrote:
VigilantSteve wrote: *sigh* Assassin's Creed 3 had one of the least satisfying endings of any game that I've ever played. What the heck were they thinking! :slam
I have a theory that they ran out of ideas and just wanted to move the series in a different direction. They pretty much admitted they didn't expect Kristen Bell to not renew her contract, and that got the planned story off track.
Yes, its always the business decisions that ruin games (and everything else that is even remotely good). Ugh. Ubisoft ruined that franchise (ACIV is just another rehash of the same tired ideas - no thanks), but knocked Far Cry 3 out of the water. Far Cry 3 was my favorite game of the last few years.

Although I have to confess, I did see 1 of the song titles so far, as I was deleting things. So I'm 99% pure.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

How did I get on that list? :lol

I explicitly said I'll listen to every full song they release and read every review that gets online. I only won't listen to the previews (but I will read your reactions when they get released :lol)

Timo & Psyco sounds cool though!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Timotheus wrote:How did I get on that list? :lol

I explicitly said I'll listen to every full song they release and read every review that gets online. I only won't listen to the previews (but I will read your reactions when they get released :lol)

Timo & Psyco sounds cool though!
Sorry, Timo, I must've interpreted your post in a wrong way. :lol

Decay

Post by Decay »

I knew you'd like the sound of Timo & Psyco. :D

BloodRedHalo
Bought The CDs

Post by BloodRedHalo »

I'm definitely going to avoid listening to anything from the new Alter Bridge before it's released, makes the wait more worth it in my opinion

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

When it leaks I'll listen to it. I just wanna hear the whole songs. When you hear the 30 second previews it kinda ruins the feeling of the unknown

xxJane88xx
Brand New Start

Post by xxJane88xx »

With ABIII I did listen to the previews and a couple of the songs before it was actually release. This time I've decided that I'm not going to listen to any previews but I'll listen to the single.

It could be hard enough for me to get my hands on the album here in Ireland. I might have to order it online and try not to come on here, Facebook or Twitter for a couple of days after release date.
I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday...