The 4th Album - FORTRESS - Discuss The Album Here!

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Decay

Re: The 4th Album - FORTRESS - Discuss The Album Here!

Post by Decay »

One Drew Remains wrote:Me too. Though I suspect I will always call it Outright.
How'd you call it if AB decided to record/release the original Outright? :D

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Outright II
Thanks Timo!

Decay

Post by Decay »

Hahaa :D

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

They need to record them and make us a rarities/b-sides EP. I want to hear "OMWN: Sit Your Ass Down" Mix.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Decay

Post by Decay »

:yeahthat

Hoping to hear a B-sides/rarities album till 2020 :lol

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

will that include 'the mysterious mk solo record'?!!
Thanks Timo!

Decay

Post by Decay »

It better!

Decay

Post by Decay »

Just read on Wikipedia that Calm The Fire would be the next single, getting released on February 1st.

Don't know if it's true or not, nothing's been confirmed yet, but would be awesome if it was.
Last edited by Decay on Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Somebody PLEASE pm me the Fortress instrumentals. I have TSATS DVD, but I have no PC where I can convert those songs!
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I someone could also do that^^^ for me, I would be extremely grateful. Yes, I also have the DVD
Thanks Timo!

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

austinjhnsn wrote:I someone could also do that^^^ for me, I would be extremely grateful. Yes, I also have the DVD
:yeahthat
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

austinjhnsn wrote:I someone could also do that^^^ for me, I would be extremely grateful. Yes, I also have the DVD
GazEd wrote:Somebody PLEASE pm me the Fortress instrumentals. I have TSATS DVD, but I have no PC where I can convert those songs!
AHart96 wrote: :yeahthat
All I can do is watch helplessly as these guys are looking for instrumentals. I guess I should listen to the All Ends Well instrumental in hopes that AEW for them. :lol But as for who can send them, I don't know who else has them other than Ryan and I; Who else does have them?

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Quit being lazy and research and rip them yourselves. It's not as easy as just saving a file.
Photobucket cash grab.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

but... nothing works for my pc.
Thanks Timo!

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Ryan wrote:Quit being lazy and research and rip them yourselves. It's not as easy as just saving a file.
Why, thank you very much. Must I remind I do not have a PC and none of my friends do.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

snowman
Bought The CDs

Post by snowman »

So, I was out running today and started to listen to the album again about halfway through my run. It amazes me how you can go a little while without listening to the album (like a couple days :lol ), and then listen to it again and be totally blown away for the bazillionth time. :headbang

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Decay wrote:Just read on Wikipedia that Calm The Fire would be the next single, getting released on February 1st.

Don't know if it's true or not, nothing's been confirmed yet, but would be awesome if it was.
I'd rather see them release Farther than the Sun. Calm the Fire is ~6 mins long and would likely get a radio edit.

It also bugs me that nobody has attempted any of the note picking portions of the chorus of Calm the Fire (in the covers that I've seen), just the chords. Sounds like there's an underlying Tremonti sequence in there that's all over the place similar to the main riff in Creed's Stand Here With Me and I can't wait to hear a little more volume on it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Fish Tacos wrote:I'd rather see them release Farther than the Sun. Calm the Fire is ~6 mins long and would likely get a radio edit.
I'd rather not, All Ends Well and FTTS are my least favorites off the album. But I love 'em and they're catchy, nonetheless.
But, I could live with those being released as singles, only if there was a good music video along with them.

Anyway, I do get Calm The Fire is 6 mins long and I wouldn't mind a very well executed radio edit, so that the master-piece doesn't suffer.

Over the last couple of months, there have been talks about Cry A River/Lover/Cry Of Achilles also being released as singles. Which one is the next?! Who knows. Nothing's been officially confirmed yet...

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Decay wrote: I'd rather not, All Ends Well and FTTS are my least favorites off the album
Yeah, I don't listen to All Ends Well much myself. This "inspirational song" on each record is typically the first song I'll start skipping after my 2nd or 3rd plays through. They're great songs, don't get me wrong, I just don't usually listen to music with the intention of needing an emotional uplift.

Blackbird had Rise Today, AB III had Life Must Go On and now Fortress has All Ends Well. One could argue that ODR had Burn it Down or Shed My Skin, but they both just seem so different from those other 3 in my mind because there's a melancholy or self awareness in the songs that nicely contrast and balance the chorus. It seems like more of a journey or complete picture than just an optimistic message.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, ODR (song), Down to My Last, and Open Your Eyes are songs I can deem to have a good feeling songs. I love those kinds of songs. Makes me feel better about a lot of stuff.