The 4th Album - FORTRESS - Discuss The Album Here!

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The 4th Album - FORTRESS - Discuss The Album Here!

Post by NytestrykerZ »

I'd LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to hear Alter Bridge do 'Achilles Last Stand.' Are you kidding me!? Then play 'Cry of Achilles' right after. 17 minutes of epic musical bliss.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Achilles' Last Stand is a great song though for what it's worth. =D

jripper420

Post by jripper420 »

Oh my I messed up..lol...I said Achilles Last Stand...Must have had Zeppelin on the brain...lol...

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

jripper420 wrote:Oh my I messed up..lol...I said Achilles Last Stand...Must have had Zeppelin on the brain...lol...

Awesome song!

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

What songs do we reckon they'll play from the album in Orlando? They mentioned 4 or 5 would be introduced. I'd say Addicted to Pain, Cry of Achilles, The Uninvited, All Ends Well and maybe Waters Rising? Maybe Peace is Broken? Or maybe Bleed it Dry...
For all of the hope that it brings...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Addicted to Pain for sure.. Mark has explicitly said he's excited to play Farther Than The Sun, Bleed It Dry, The Uninvited live.. Cry Of Achilles seems to be a favourite by all of them..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Mentioned that he can't wait to play Waters Rising too in that latest track by track with Roadrunner, fans would love that if they didn't do Words Darker than their Wings. Ones I don't think they'll do yet are Calm the Fire, Cry a River and Fortress.

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

Ubik wrote:Mentioned that he can't wait to play Waters Rising too in that latest track by track with Roadrunner, fans would love that if they didn't do Words Darker than their Wings. Ones I don't think they'll do yet are Calm the Fire, Cry a River and Fortress.
Yeah I'm struggling to think of what ones they won't play live regularly. I'd have predicted Waters Rising until Mark mentioned it in that track by track.

I was thinking Calm The Fire could be one they don't play, which would be a real shame since it's one of the best. And perhaps Lover - can anyone remember if they mention anything about it live in any interviews?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Myles mentioned he thinks they'll play them all live eventually, and I think they will. I just think Orlando will be too soon for Fortress and Calm the Fire, and they might wanna avoid Cry a River till they sort the banjo out.

They could totally play them all in the same set and it wouldn't be over the top for me, but that's way optimistic.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

RuRo wrote:
Ubik wrote:Mentioned that he can't wait to play Waters Rising too in that latest track by track with Roadrunner, fans would love that if they didn't do Words Darker than their Wings. Ones I don't think they'll do yet are Calm the Fire, Cry a River and Fortress.
Yeah I'm struggling to think of what ones they won't play live regularly. I'd have predicted Waters Rising until Mark mentioned it in that track by track.

I was thinking Calm The Fire could be one they don't play, which would be a real shame since it's one of the best. And perhaps Lover - can anyone remember if they mention anything about it live in any interviews?
In the track-by-track on RoadRunnerUK's Youtube Myles said he's excited to play Lover. I feel like he said "play it eventually" but I don't remember exactly.

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

http://www.kerrang.com/blog/newissue/

Anyone have the issue to scan that pages? :(

Decay

Post by Decay »

Ubik? Jim? Help. :D

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

My free trial is actually still in effect so I should be able to get it. My internet is currently being slower than the moon though, possibly due to all the times it's had to stream Fortress, and the magazine isn't loading properly. When I get it working I'll gets some caps up. Blame Alter Bridge.

alterchris
TABN.com Citizen

Post by alterchris »

Well, I'm gonna eat some crow.

I was worried that this album wouldn't live up to expectations due to all of the "metal" talk. While the album in its entirety is harder than past albums, it's really good in my opinion. There is a lot to soak in as with all Alter Bridge albums, but I'm very happy with it. Having said that, Blackbird is still my overall favorite album. :rockon

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

Ya, the title track finally hit me.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Awesome to hear :D Can really understand why it wasn't mentioned much in the reviews, takes a little while to get its tendrils around you.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

*High fives Ubik*

Looks like we have another Fortress convert.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

All we need is time, they'll all fall eventually. Opus!

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Fortress on amazon's music front page here in the UK as the number 1 pre-order: http://www.amazon.co.uk/music-rock-clas ... ode=229816

And 7th best seller overall! Time to get top 5 yet...

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Wasnt overly impressed on first listen, just finished Cry of Achilles to Lover and am saying wow thus far. Dont love the beginning of Lover, but from where Myles starts going high, to the end of the song, it really grabs me, and music rarely rarely does that. Gives me goosebumps, and that kinda feeling in my throat. Can't pinpoint why, just the anthematic esque to it really pulls me in I guess. Bleed it dry I also really liked. The Uninvited is playing now. Possibly one of the more haunting songs I've ever heard.

That's what this album feels like to me. AB3 was "dark"
This album is "haunting, pure, raw" with haunting being the main focus. Which I feel is different from "dark"
I dunno, Remember I said I was taking Midnite Tokers advice and picking up a bag then listening? Stoned now, trying to put my thoughts into words, kinda rambling. Really liking this squeal from mark in Uninvited.
Uninvited impressed me. Beginning of Calm the Fire felt like a blackhorse song of the album, but that chorus is really great. I think the chorus's and Myles all around range are MUCH better than AB3 and BB. Im kinda getting an ODR "uplifting high vocals, catchy chorus's" mixed with the "Raw Edgyness" of Blackbird. I've read no one elses post, but I doubt I'm the only one getting that vibe. Calm the Fire I like, not overly like, I do however like the chorus very more. More as each song progresses.
Damn, I'm digging this shit you guys, and I'm 100% a jealous Creed fan that's mad AB is the important band now, but fucking balls, good shit
Last edited by austin. on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.