The 4th Album - FORTRESS - Discuss The Album Here!

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

The 4th Album - FORTRESS - Discuss The Album Here!

Post by Andy92 »

What things would you all like to see Alter Bridge do on their 4th record? More/less vocals by Mark? More/less instrumental sections? Concept album/compilation of songs? Post your ideas for the next album here!
Last edited by Andy92 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The 4th Album

Post by NytestrykerZ »

Said it before and I'll say it again: More musical breadth, more groove, more room for Myles to breathe.
Last edited by NytestrykerZ on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Circles
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Circles »

stop trying to be a metal band, theyre shit at it
OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM LOSH NEW BOARD

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

I'm hoping for a bit more experimentation. New song structures, instrumental escapades, non-conventional key changes, etc. I think "Slip to the Void" was a great step in that direction, and I hope they continue down that path.

AustinH22
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by AustinH22 »

Definitely more cowbell

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

A new producer please.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

i just wish theyd stop trying to do different things. alter bridge are not and can not be a hardcore metal band. stick with the uplifting, workout type songs imo. one day remains, metalingus, come to life, white knuckles should be as metal as it gets

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

They have hardcore metal songs? lol

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

If they go all progressive, that would rock, but an entire album like ODR would be amazing as well. So I hope they keep things natural and take their time on it.

That's kinda my only wish. They need to take their time on it and don't force anything. I'm sure the new album will top ABIII if they do this.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

More stuff like the song Blackbird and Slip to the void. Those two songs are their most innovative and fun to listen to. I'd like them to do something different from ABIII because I honestly didn't like most of the songs off of that record.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Timotheus wrote:If they go all progressive, that would rock, but an entire album like ODR would be amazing as well. So I hope they keep things natural and take their time on it.

That's kinda my only wish. They need to take their time on it and don't force anything. I'm sure the new album will top ABIII if they do this.
I don't know if I'm for the "they should go all progressive" route personally. That's just not the band they are. Writing more songs like Blackbird wouldn't be a bad thing at all though. But I agree that taking their time is the most important step with this album.

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

More of Mark singing, and more of Myles playing guitar. Just to see what it's like.
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

ThravRande wrote:More of Mark singing, and more of Myles playing guitar. Just to see what it's like.
It's funny, because I hear this opinion a lot, and I also hear One Day Remains is the favorite album according to most fans, which is the complete opposite.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Andy92 wrote:
ThravRande wrote:More of Mark singing, and more of Myles playing guitar. Just to see what it's like.
It's funny, because I hear this opinion a lot, and I also hear One Day Remains is the favorite album according to most fans, which is the complete opposite.
myles needs to be the lead singer ab. seriously, hes playing too much guitar and not picking it up in live shows. mark needs to be himself and just make babies with guitar. thats the way it should be

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

Andy92 wrote:
Yeah, but BB and AB3 weren't the opposite of ODR. They were like a middle ground.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

ThravRande wrote:
Andy92 wrote:
Yeah, but BB and AB3 weren't the opposite of ODR. They were like a middle ground.
I thought BB was about as good a mix as they'll ever get. AB III had too few of Mark's signature solos imo.

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

I'm not saying More Myles on guitar and more Mark on vocals would be better, I'd just like a few songs to be that way just to see what it sounds like.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

I'd like less Mark harmonizing directly with Myles. Maybe things like what he did on Thousand Faces. But the whole 'Myles high / Mark low' vocals are a little stale now.

I'd like a record that isn't so rigid. The songs are very serious and formal. They could let them breathe a little more - more feeling. Maybe write less songs. I'd be happy with 8 or 9 songs that were approaching Blackbird quality rather then 16 good mixed with filler.

Oh, and obviously get a new producer. That's a given.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ha, I agree with squirrel. Bookmark it.

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

Yeah, Thousand Face-ish songs would be cool.