The 4th Album - FORTRESS - Discuss The Album Here!

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The 4th Album

Post by Them Bones »

Circles wrote:stop trying to be a metal band, theyre shit at it
Exactly....

They are trying to be something they aren't ... AB is not metal, but they think they are and are only trying too hard to prove it... And I really don't see why being "metal" has to be so important.. I mean, there is a lotta good metal... Mark should stick to writing good songs and melodies like he used to... Simple or not, Mark had his own unique style of writing which I haven't really heard from him since after one day remains...
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

^ I like this guy.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

:cheers
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Andy92 wrote:Ha, I agree with squirrel. Bookmark it.
Yup. me too. What are we coming to?

Actually, all I want from the next album is for it to be out next week.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

We've got Tru's album to look forward to though Greg.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Dayviewer
Isolated

Post by Dayviewer »

abw1987 wrote:I'm hoping for a bit more experimentation. New song structures, instrumental escapades, non-conventional key changes, etc. I think "Slip to the Void" was a great step in that direction, and I hope they continue down that path.
yes, Yes, YES, I really hope they will, ABIII definatly was evolved from the other albums there was too much of the same ol' same ol' for me after a while i think so yeah i hope they mix it up even more for ABIV.
Formerly known as Benjami

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Moar ballads and slow songs. I'd enjoy that.
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

That's what I'm expecting from Myles solo album.
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Andy92 wrote:We've got Tru's album to look forward to though Greg.
Excellent point, Andy. But what do I do for the next 29 days?
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Macca wrote:Moar ballads and slow songs. I'd enjoy that.
Breathe Again? :P

TheConspirator
Brand New Start

Post by TheConspirator »

I think AB needs stick to the formula that made them great. ODR still holds up as my favorite record, even though AB III and Blackbird were both great albums. Songs like Broken Wings, Shed My Skin, and even Burn It Down...that's what I want to see in the fourth album. I love songs like Ties That Bind and White Knuckles, but I feel that Myles sounds his best when he had time to breath and put that raw emotion into his music.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

gbruin wrote:
Andy92 wrote:We've got Tru's album to look forward to though Greg.
Excellent point, Andy. But what do I do for the next 29 days?
Listen to Halestorm!!

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

A new producer
Different song structures
Less Mark harmonizing with Myles in the choruses
Less big boomy choruses
Less songs... I think quality control has gone out the window with AB, more killer less filler.
I'd like to see Flip shake up his drumming a bit, he hasn't progressed since Blackbird imo.
I'd like the songs to have more breathing room, let a good riff play for a while.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I'd have to agree about Flip's drumming. AB III didn't have any standout drum songs, and his style didn't have much variation at all from past records.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I remember from interviews with Mark and Myles they said that he didn't practice, and that definately shows. He's definately a good drummer, and I know not everyone really cares about drum tracks, but I get the impression Scott just walks into rehearsals and drums for a while, without really paying attention to what he plays. Scott's drumming is very predictable and the drum tracks are incredibly similar from song to song, I play along to Find The Real, Come To Life and Isolation sometimes, and they're pretty much the same beat, with CTL and Isolation even being the exact tempo.

Edit - Every drummer has their own style, and when I sit an improvise I find I'm pretty much playing the same kind of thing too (although I've only been playing 2 years), and it's probably very difficult to break away from that if you don't practice and play other styles, but I don't think I've known a drummer to be so predictable as Scott.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Awyea, I think every member in the band should feel good about every song on the record. If somebody isn't sure of a track, don't put it on the album. There were some of those on ABIII
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

BSC wrote:I remember from interviews with Mark and Myles they said that he didn't practice, and that definately shows. He's definately a good drummer, and I know not everyone really cares about drum tracks, but I get the impression Scott just walks into rehearsals and drums for a while, without really paying attention to what he plays. Scott's drumming is very predictable and the drum tracks are incredibly similar from song to song, I play along to Find The Real, Come To Life and Isolation sometimes, and they're pretty much the same beat, with CTL and Isolation even being the exact tempo.

Edit - Every drummer has their own style, and when I sit an improvise I find I'm pretty much playing the same kind of thing too (although I've only been playing 2 years), and it's probably very difficult to break away from that if you don't practice and play other styles, but I don't think I've known a drummer to be so predictable as Scott.
I really liked Metalingus and Ties That Bind, but you can really notice the small nuances in Flip's drumming never seem to change. He's even said he doesn't practice. Kind of sad for as talented as he is really. If he practiced drums like Mark practices guitar (or even half the amount), imagine how good he could be.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Timotheus wrote:Awyea, I think every member in the band should feel good about every song on the record. If somebody isn't sure of a track, don't put it on the album. There were some of those on ABIII
But then we wouldn't have gotten Life Must Go On, which is one of my favorite ballads they've written. I see where you're coming from, but it has pros as well as cons.

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

BSC wrote:I remember from interviews with Mark and Myles they said that he didn't practice, and that definately shows. He's definately a good drummer, and I know not everyone really cares about drum tracks, but I get the impression Scott just walks into rehearsals and drums for a while, without really paying attention to what he plays. Scott's drumming is very predictable and the drum tracks are incredibly similar from song to song, I play along to Find The Real, Come To Life and Isolation sometimes, and they're pretty much the same beat, with CTL and Isolation even being the exact tempo.
This is why Garrett makes the All I Was album soar for me.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I don't think BSC likes Garrett either though lol.